Left Foot & Right Foot on the panel

Enos

I skipped FM17 so I'm just now getting acquainted with the default and Wannachup skins on FM18.  I absolutely LOVED Vitrex on FM16 and it had a panel that showed both right and left footedness of the player.  I'm unable to find that in FM18, but would like to alter the main player page to have both feet instead of preferred foot.  Is there anyone that could point me in the right direction of how to create that panel (either in default or Wannachup)?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 21:04, gxL2o62DcgGQ2RNW said:

Not the OP but I did something similar to the default skin. Removed the 'Media Description' and the 'Goalkeeper Rating'.

fm_2018_02_03_13_40_30_822.bmp

Your image won't load for me, but I'd love to see what you've done.  If you have the the code I'd love to copy it.

7 hours ago, Enos said:

Your image won't load for me, but I'd love to see what you've done.  If you have the the code I'd love to copy it.

<!-- Panel displaying extra attributes a bout a player, for example condition, footedness etc -->
<!-- Meant to be used with a CLIENT_OBJECT_XML_PANEL -->
<panel>
	<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" offset="4" gap="0" />
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container id="topc">
		<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="8" do_not_size="true"/>
		<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill" offset="0" gap="8" />
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- Personality -->
		<container>
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" do_not_size="true" />
			<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill" offset="0" />

<widget class="label" id="PPs:" auto_size="vertical" font="title" colour="accent">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="PPst" name="true" />
			</widget>
			<widget class="personality_label" id="PPst" auto_size="vertical">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="PPst" />
			</widget>
		</container>		

<widget class="picture" file="dividers/standard/horizontal/line" height="3" image_alignment="centre" />

<!-- Media Description -->
		<!--<container>
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" do_not_size="true" />
			<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" />

<widget class="label" id="Pde:" auto_size="vertical" font="title" colour="accent">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="Pdes" name="true" />
			</widget>
			<widget class="player_description_text" id="Pdes" auto_size="vertical">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="Pdes" />
			</widget>
		</container>

<widget class="picture" file="dividers/standard/horizontal/line" height="3" image_alignment="centre" />
-->
		<!-- Left Foot-->
		<container>
			<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" />

<widget class="label" font="title" colour="accent">
							<translation id="text" translation_id="230000" type="use" value="Left Foot" />
			</widget>
			<widget class="footedness_label" id="fotL" auto_size="vertical">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="Plft" />
			</widget>
		</container>

<!-- Right Foot-->
		<container>

<widget class="label" font="title" colour="accent">
							<translation id="text" translation_id="230001" type="use" value="Right Foot" />
			</widget>
			<widget class="footedness_label" id="fotR" auto_size="vertical">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="Prft" />
			</widget>
		</container>

</container>

<!-- Preferred moves -->
	<container id="botc">
		<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" offset="0" />

<widget class="label" auto_size="vertical" font="title" colour="accent">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="402385" type="use" value="Player Traits[COMMENT: label for the previously named 'Preferred Moves' section (ID 229993), changed to Player Traits because it fits all potential options more suitably]" />
		</widget>

<container class="scrolling_box">
			<widget class="preferred_moves_panel" file="player/player information preferred moves" id="pfmp" auto_size="vertical">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
			</widget>
		</container>
	</container>
</panel>

player additional attributes panel.xml

pTIMbWj.png

@gxL2o62DcgGQ2RNW Thanks so much!  That is exactly what I want to do.  Would you mind telling me where you put that code?   I'm guessing I can paste it directly into a certain panels folder.  Will I also have to delete some other code?  Sorry to be so dense.

You have to extract the panels and make a new skin. The code posted is the entire code, you can paste it into "player additional attributes panel.xml" in C:\Users\userName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\skins\skinName\panels\player.

Alternatively, use the skin uploaded. (if the upload works this time)

RightLeftFoot Skin.zip

You should actually just need to place the xml file in the following location if you are using the default skins:

\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\panels\player\

You'll need to create the panels/player folders.

As it's not a file included with the skin so it should read it from their without having to create a new skin, if you are using a custom skin then stick it in the panels/player folder for the skin you are using.

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You should actually just need to place the xml file in the following location if you are using the default skins:

\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\panels\player\

You'll need to create the panels/player folders.

As it's not a file included with the skin so it should read it from their without having to create a new skin, if you are using a custom skin then stick it in the panels/player folder for the skin you are using.

You're right, that works. Well I took the scenic route then I suppose. :lol:

I must be a real dummy.  

I took the code pasted by @gxL2o62DcgGQ2RNW and pasted it into notepadd++.  I then saved the file as "player additional attributes panel.xml" and scrolled down to make sure the format was a .xml.  I then placed that file into a folder of my skin (custom, not the default skin, but based on it) where I created a "players" folder inside the already existing "panels" folder.  I opened the game, cleared cache and reloaded the skin.  No changes.  I'm really not too sharp when it comes to these things.  I'm used to installing simple patches and that's about it.  Could either of you help me figure out what I've done wrong?  Thanks and apologies for being so dense. @michaeltmurrayuk

6 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@Enos Make sure you haven't included the .xml bit in the file name, you should just have an xml file called player additional attributes panel

Also the folder within the panels folder should be called player instead of players.

Thank you.  I made both mistakes.  Looking forward to fixing it tonight.  :-)

On 16/05/2018 at 14:12, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@Enos Make sure you haven't included the .xml bit in the file name, you should just have an xml file called player additional attributes panel

Also the folder within the panels folder should be called player instead of players.

Well, I fixed the name of the folder, but I had already properly named the files.  It still doesn't work.  I must be missing a step.  Any suggestions?

The above code works for me, however don't copy/past the filename from the post with the coding in as Windows and the game seem to be treating it as saying something different (if you copy over the default file you'll notice windows won't prompt to overwrite it even though the names are the same), instead just name it manually or copy/paste the text from my post as that should work.

Archived