Injury madness. Doing something wrong or part of the game?

Now I know every year everyone plays FM and thinks the game conspires against and hates them, due to the amount of injuries they get. I really don’t want to be one of those people, but I am getting what i would consider more injuries than real life. So perhaps I’m doing something wrong? In the last 11 games I’ve had 8 players go off injured, ranging from concussion, bruising, twists and muscle. This has been the standard trend all season.

Below is my training regime, which is only medium workload and they all have individual for the position they play in. I monitor and rest anyone who is at high risk of injury as per the medical centre. Should I rest before the game as well? Would that allow them to be fresher in game and maybe avoid injuries? Or is 8 in 11 games standard?

C610FDDB-83CD-404C-A698-FC17C2CEC402.png

I’ve had this happening to me so I made the training lighter and put rest days before and after matches. Also, i look in the medical centre where it tells you who is at risk of getting injured and how likely they are to getting injured and their workload. So then maybe I would rotate those players or not let them play the whole match. I’ve done this for a few in game weeks now and not getting so many injuries so far...

Season over: 137 injuries. 9 players have missed over 25% of the season, including 3 who missed over 40%.

(yes, I know, it's not the game, it's my training, my tactic, my haircut, my height,...) (and yes, I know, injuries in the game are at 80% of real life. Please, please find me a club who had 171 in one season)

5 hours ago, Romano338 said:

(yes, I know, it's not the game, it's my training, my tactic, my haircut, my height,...) (and yes, I know, injuries in the game are at 80% of real life. Please, please find me a club who had 171 in one season)

As the real life averages are at about 60 injuries per season at the squad sizes of an EPL 1st team squad, clearly the exact type of thing that may for a change be worth reporting, rather than the stuff mostly reported in the injury bug sections. The opposite should be monitored closely too, which is too few days lost to injuries, as it could impact AI squad development badly (AI prospect not getting enough playing time). As the game from my end has mostly increased short-term knocks, when in football about half the injuries are 14 days+, you generally still get occasionally fantasy injury tables depending on the day you look at them. In real football, a league averaging but 3, sometimes even 2 players out injured is unheard of at some point and still only happens in-game.

Archived