Scouting

Could someone please explain how I can properly set-up a scouting network in F18? I'm really at a loss here, my FM17 scouting network was on point, and got me scout reports from all over the world identifiying every talent early on..but nowadays I just dont know what to do..

What's the use of scouts, if they come back with only one player after a scouting assignment?

Can I just use the world packages for one day when I'm searching for players and then go back to none packages without paying for it?

24 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

You have a database of player names, you don't have the data for each player, for that you need to make a scout watch the player.

But I don't have the attribute masking enabled, normally I would send my scout to a country for a month and he would comeback with 50 players are so..but now I should be glad if he finds one..

En 2/12/2017 a las 1:04, Miravlix dijo:

You have a database of player names, you don't have the data for each player, for that you need to make a scout watch the player.

And having a database with the players from England, doesn't give you access to all the players in England. That is something that has already been commented in the forum. Each day that passes is more necessary an explanation of the scouting system.

Finding it quite poor myself. Have scouts out looking at a combination of individual nations, competitions and some scouting whole regions. Every fortnight I get around 25 players to flick through, most of which have no interest in signing or are quoted around 30-40 million. I send a scout to look through England, and after a whole season he's brought back around 7/8 players interested in signing.

Why do scouts seem to miss out on so much talent? Chris Smalling was transfer listed by Man Utd for a quarter of his price almost and would be a very decent fit for my West Ham side. But yet my scout has no idea of this until I physically tell him to scout the player! I'm someone who feels that flicking through a list of player names is extremely unrealistic, and therefore rely heavily on scouts. This year though I feel like I am missing out on all the top talents and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Ive had the same issues. Scouting seems so much more cumbersome from the previous versions, its almost easier to look through team lists and just sending your scouts to look at a player you pick, rather then sending them out on a 6 month assignment.

And i agree with Spursfan, i used to enjoy the scouting element of the game, but now its not so fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep on getting recommendations for players that I've tried to discard.

I've changed all of my settings but I'm still getting loads of things appearing in my inbox, 40/50 recommendations on the same players every week. It's really annoying having to do all of the clicking. Anybody found a way to fix?

Yeah finding it really confusing this year. Struggling to find anyone at all with my scouts and resorting to having to use player search, ticking interest in loan/transfer and then sorting by value - which I really don't like doing.

Assignments are effectively pointless. We really need an explanation of how to set up an effective scouting network. I mean clicking a package and then mass clicking players to scout is really not enjoyable - maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

I can see potential there but I'm just struggling to understand how to do it correctly. If my package is England, how can an assignment on England only return 6 players for an entire season? Is the only way to just manually sort the player search now?

Archived