A few questions

Hi

To my surprise, I never knew "Touch" was a lighter version of FM, and it piqued my interest. But I have a few questions.

- what in the game and not in the game? Apparently it's mostly tactic and transfers that are in. Is there any type of interaction with the players? Any other stuff? (modify the staff,...)

- I saw that in an update, they disabled the workshop. Is there any reason? Is it temporary? And without the workshop, is there any way to get editors, fan-made updates/tactics,...?

- Does it run faster than full FM? I assume it does but I want to be sure because my computer was already fairly slow and heating up a lot on full FM16. Not even sure it would be enough for FM18 Touch to be honest.

Thanks

There are no team talks, no player interaction, no press conferences. However, very rarely, when a player is unhappy or the team is in good/bad streak or form, you'll get an option to say something to them in your inbox. You can safely ignore it because nothing you say makes any difference in my experience. Morale just isn't that big of a deal in FMT.

As for the staff, there's no training category mini-game, there's only one staff member for every department and they're on a rolling contract, no need to renew them every few seasons. 

Scouting is simplified, attributes masking is off, but it can be turned on if you unlock the option by playing or by buying it.

You can't use editor, fan data updates etc, but you can import tactics easily.

It runs faster, yeah.

Thanks for your answer.

But for the staff, you can change them right? You don't have to do with the staff in place?

Doesn't look like something I would be too interested in honestly. I'm all for a simplified game, but that looks even shallower than the Championship Manager from early 2000s. Moral for example should be part of it. I like to edit stuff also, like adding youngsters  from my fav into the game isn't they aren't in it (or changing stats and positions if wrong).
I think I'll have to burry that urge to play a football managing game.

Although if anybody has something else to say, I'm all ears

1 hour ago, Romano338 said:

But for the staff, you can change them right?

Yes.

I thought that morale does have impact on FMT and could almost swear that I've noticed it in my saves.

The PC version (no league/nation restriction) pretty much has everything I need and want from FM. I don't mind not having an editor or custom databases and the full game doesn't really have any features that I feel necessary to have. For example having simplified staff control just saves time. I never enjoyed searching and hiring 10-30 physios, scouts and coaches at the start of the game. Now I replace maybe 1 or 2 members with better ones and I'm good to go.

FFP and squad registrations for europe would be a nice addition but missing them doesn't bother.

I was surprised moral wasn't really a thing too, it would be weird, but the more I learn about FMT the more I think it would be possible :D

About staff, if I can hire them and do whatever I want, I think it's ok.
FFP and squad registration, I just don't get why they would take that off. It's supposed to be an easier approach to FM, not a game that changes football's laws. So that's a downside, definitely.

I don't know man... in the last like, 6-7 years, I've been trying to play FM or even the old CMs, and I've always found myself not having the patience anymore. Before playing I'm all excited, I want to play so bad, and when I'm in front of it, it's meh. But I ALWAYS have those urges to manage a team in a game. I always have those moments when I think about my fav team and think about what would be possible, the players in and out, the tactic,... and as I can't do it IRL I end up immediately looking toward FM.

FM18 won't run on my computer, I'm pretty sure. I mean, it will, but it will be slow and my computer will be burning. FMT18 seems shallow, but at the same time, I found myself bored in the last and lacking of patience, so I wonder if that lighter version wouldn't suit me. But I don't really feel like paying 30€ to play an hour and drop it.

Such a pain to always have those managing urges :D

Archived