Corner to Top of Box for Long Shot?

I have a player with a long shot rating of 19, but not many good headers of the ball. Because of this, I want to instruct my corner taker to try kicking it to the long shooter whom I've positioned at the top of the box. However, there does not appear to be any way to instruct the kicker to do this. Didn't there used to be, though? What am I missing?

There also doesn't appear to be a way to instruct a player to lurk at the top of the box for attacking free kicks or to specifically mark the opposition player doing this for defensive ones, or am I missing something there too?

There isn't a specific instruction for that, I think your best bet is choosing 'aim to penalty spot' and if the player lurking outside the box is unmarked then your CK taker will kick towards him more often.

As for your other questions... I've been wondering the same! AI does this all the time on wide IFK's and while they don't seem to score very often it's quite frustrating that we can't mark that player lurking outside the box, and even more frustrating that we cannot do the same on our attacking FK's. Unless I'm missing something very obvious here...

Yeah, aim for the penalty spot works. I shove two guys up there lurking outside box, and one attacking from deep. Usually one of them goes for a long shot and causes havoc even if it doesn't go in. Early days in my trying this tactic but it looks a lot better than anything else I've ever done on FM in terms of set pieces.

@kandersson Maybe putting a guy at the edge of the box works? Or man-marking everyone?

17 minutes ago, Argonaut said:

Yeah, aim for the penalty spot works. I shove two guys up there lurking outside box, and one attacking from deep. Usually one of them goes for a long shot and causes havoc even if it doesn't go in. Early days in my trying this tactic but it looks a lot better than anything else I've ever done on FM in terms of set pieces.

@kandersson Maybe putting a guy at the edge of the box works? Or man-marking everyone?

Who takes the shot, the one lurking, or the one charging in?

@Argonaut yes I can put a defender at the edge of the box for corner kicks, but apparently can't do that for free kicks. Already tried man marking, the issue remains. Can't mark that guy when defending and can't do the same when attacking, how fair is this :lol:.

2 hours ago, kandersson said:

@Argonaut yes I can put a defender at the edge of the box for corner kicks, but apparently can't do that for free kicks. Already tried man marking, the issue remains. Can't mark that guy when defending and can't do the same when attacking, how fair is this :lol:.

I thought we used to be able to do this, though... Is this a bug or did FM knowingly remove it for some reason?

Archived