Signing regens

I had a quick search and couldnt find this topic or one that answered it.

Just a quick question.

Has signing regens been made a lot harder this year on fm2018?

I am arsenal and only 1 regen has even discussed a contract with me.

Just wondering if it has been made harder. Cheers

You can't sign them immediately after they are generated anymore. Because they just signed a contract with their club, so they won't negotiate. You would have to wait a bit, by which point they probably can't be signed on compensation anymore and you have to negotiate a transfer like any other player. When the youth player will join, compensation has gone up. Expect most to cost near a million Euros, based on what I've seen.

1 hour ago, Bigpapa42 said:

You can't sign them immediately after they are generated anymore. Because they just signed a contract with their club, so they won't negotiate. You would have to wait a bit, by which point they probably can't be signed on compensation anymore and you have to negotiate a transfer like any other player. When the youth player will join, compensation has gone up. Expect most to cost near a million Euros, based on what I've seen.

Interesting if that is what is going on because on regen day in my FM18 save I went through the youth intake screen and it doesnt' say that why I can't "approach to sign" It says I think "this player has yet to sign a long term contract". So it's basically making you wait until they sign a professional contract with their club?  Even so, most regens don't seem interested in moving anyway.

1 hour ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Fantastic News. I always avoided doing this as it seemed like it was cheating the AI, but I'm glad the temptation is gone now!

Archived