Liverpool FC in FM 2018

maccabbi0011

Hi everyone,

considering what a following we always had in FM for Liverpool, I don't think I have seen active thread yet for FM 2018 playing as Liverpool. If there is, I am sorry and I am sure I get notified.

Anyway, I am now playing my third season as Liverpool and I have done quiet a lot of changes to the team and set up as I am sure we all do. Most importantly, selling dead weights to get important money in.

After my first season, I am came 4th and semi final in the champions league. My second season, I won the Premiership and quarter final exit at Champions League. Now, after about 12 games in my third season, I am top of the league and qualified for knock out round of champions league.

I have also found some really good players which i will share screenshots with.

My key players I have brought in and are playing are:

Jack Butland for about £35million. We can all agree that a new GK is def needed and Jack has been excellent! I can def recommend him.

Keita (who is obviously a given purchase) is magnificent. Had to give him a new deal after 1 season so his wags are quiet high but so worth it.

Milner is of course team member already has been one of the surprise packages. He has been top performer with highest average rating and was player of year. Excellent!

Joe Gomes is my first choice central defender. He is really excellent too and develops nicely. Give him a chance guys and dont sell him.

Partnering Joe is de Ligt. Another amazing performer and so young that you wont have to buy any defender for years. I bought him for my second season after I sold Matip to Barcelona

Of course I sold Lovren! Howver keep Klavan. Great squad member with really great average performance rating.

I also sold, Mignolet, Karius, Ings, Markovic, Bogdan in my first seaon, In my second season i sold Wijnaldum, Origi (to PSG), Can (to Man City), Coutinho (to Bayern), Salah (to Real Madrid), Matip (to Barcelona). In my third season I sold Mane (to Barca), Moreno and Lallana.

I know this sounds a lot and some massive performers going but i got good money or i had to sell as you dont want to upset team atmosphere. But everyone can be replaced.

So most important players i got in are:

Pulisic (has release clause), Tillman (and loan him out at first), Gouiri (loan him), McKennie, de Ligt, O'Riley, Barco, Odegaard (for on transfer list for 7.5 million), Danso ( good squad player), Tierney, Patrick Roberts (transfer listed), Pellegri, Battaglia (what a star for the future).

However, I think my best buy and an expensive buy was for a regen I found. Bought him when he was 15 from Wolves for £35 million!!!!! I post his screen shot below. Cant believe when i saw him

I have posted in the FM17  Liverpool section as have others but it is interesting as I am in season 2 in January and I won everything first season and currently second to Utd 2 points behind but three games in hand and so far unbeaten.

I too have made changes but its funny how games are totally different as Mignolet won keeper of the year second season and has been brilliant even though I thought about Buckland I am glad I did not.

I am posting my transfers below and I purchased two new centre halves in year one but Lovren is fine and on rotation and Milner is just a bit part substitute as he can play anywhere.

Best thing for me was selling Mane to Barcelona for £98M upfront and then playing harry Wilson who is leading assists in second season and Woody is fantastic.

The youth are coming through and the under 18's are top and unbeaten and I too have a few re-gens but also Arpe from Hamburg and Pellegri who has featured in the cups this year.

A few niggles in the game but really enjoying it so far.

image.thumb.png.f6d9bd1623c5ef4ba6377b28c0526b42.png

image.thumb.png.2630c48622cc26fa614b40bb7d1cb3fd.png

You got some good young talents there as well! I didnt so far got youth from my own set up unfortunately. I had to buy them all but i am still hoping.

You got Arp for a very good price! Well done. Locatelli is a good buy. I bought him in FM 17 and he did well but in my game Keita, Henderson and Milner were so strong that i didnt need much midfielders. I play with 2 central midfielder and AML AMC and AMR. So my fourth midfielder is now McKennie and Warburton (my 16 year old superstar) as back up.

TAA is an excellent RB/ WB so him and Clyne don't need swapping. Robertson and Moreno were doing superb too but then Tierney came on the market so i swapped him for Moreno.

I sold Mignolet and got Butland mainly to get more English players in. He won Golden Glove in my second season and is starting player for England too.

I agree Woody looks excellent. I have so far loaned him out to get playing regular. I think i will sell Sturridge soon (who is doing amazing though) to let Woody play.

How is your stadium doing? I was hoping for a new stadium but so far only got allowed one small expansion even though my bank balance is 350 million.

What formation/tactics you guys using? I’m 5 games in and currently won 4 lost 1 to Chelsea, who anhilated me, mainly due to every single one of my full backs, as well as mane, can and the ox getting injured on international break. 

Struggling to get anything to work other than a 343, which is obviously no good for mane, Salah and coutinho (could try re-training them I suppose)

Bough De Ligt, Arthur and Patrick Cutrone. Sold markovic and ings. 

As said above, TAA and Woodburn are excellent.

I am playing 4-2-3-1 wide formation. Have done since the beginning.  I would recommend to use your AML and AMR as inside forwards when you can. This is def a good set up for me. I know have Pulisic / Tillman / Wilson on the left and the Ox / Roberts / Wilson on the right. Barco and Odegaard as Advanced Playmaker.

You need 2 strong central midfielders. Milner, Keita and Henderson have done the trick for me.

Hope this helps.

I had Cutrone on loan for 1 season. He did ok but not worth keeping when so many other better options. de Ligt is a beast! I never tried Arthur, but looks good. I prefer McKennie

Have played a 4231 with the inside forwards but they just didn’t seem to get into the game, will have another look at it later and try changing a few things.

Brought Cutrone in mainly for the future, did try for Dolberg but Ajax were having a laugh with what they wanted, upping their asking price by 10mil every time I bid lol. 

McKennie looks good dude, not gona lie I didn’t even know about him, Arthur set me back 18mil(I think) He’s another Ive brought in mainly for the future, but to also add depth in the middle, but my AM reckons he should be playing every game so we’ll see how he gets on, he’s come off the bench once and set the winner up in the champions league so far. 

DeLigt is a beast as you say, and already got a resolute mentality, a defo must buy imo. 

Athur for 18million sounds good to me as well. I am sure they will both be good. Other good midfielders that others bought a Savic. Tolisso, Gagliardini, Torreira, Shepelev just to name a few.

If you want to get another beast for the future playing AMC is Kai Havertz from Leverkusen. What a talent!!! 

I played as Dortmund in FM17 and i had him in my team. Leverkusen in general have some great talents. Heinrichs is another one i would recommend if it wasnt for TAA in my liverpool game

How have you got on with Brexit as I am getting towards it and I am allowed 17 players registered as foreign but gave not got the out date just yet.

not at my computer at moment so can’t send screen shot of formation but I also play 4-2-3-1 inside forwards and currently on a 37 game unbeaten run.

we have lots of promise on FM18 and can’t wait to get the young lads playing regularly 

Hello,

Sorry, I usually create the thread, but it actually takes a long time to set up, and I had a couple of busy weekends.
Also, because of the performance issues, I haven't played as much of the beta.

I'll try to have the thread ready until release, worst case it will be done over the weekend.

3 hours ago, cezar.sl said:

Hello,

Sorry, I usually create the thread, but it actually takes a long time to set up, and I had a couple of busy weekends.
Also, because of the performance issues, I haven't played as much of the beta.

I'll try to have the thread ready until release, worst case it will be done over the weekend.

why not use this thread instead now that it has been started? 

4 hours ago, badger100 said:

How have you got on with Brexit as I am getting towards it and I am allowed 17 players registered as foreign but gave not got the out date just yet.

not at my computer at moment so can’t send screen shot of formation but I also play 4-2-3-1 inside forwards and currently on a 37 game unbeaten run.

we have lots of promise on FM18 and can’t wait to get the young lads playing regularly 

brexit has officially kicked in but to be honest i have not seen any issues. i think its operating on a point system that players need to get from international appearances. certain players require a work permit. My american players need it but they are playing for the national squad so there is no issue. Also you can always send them out on loan to leagues which dont require WP.

13 hours ago, maccabbi0011 said:

why not use this thread instead now that it has been started? 

because there is a standard level on team thread's. Club information, history, team information, potential tactics for the squad, potential transfer targets. all this info goes into the opening posts.

Can a mod move these posts to the new FM18 Liverpool thread??

4 hours ago, Staf9 said:

because there is a standard level on team thread's. Club information, history, team information, potential tactics for the squad, potential transfer targets. all this info goes into the opening posts.

Can a mod move these posts to the new FM18 Liverpool thread??

oh ok

This threads very messy. He's just posted a load of youngsters and regens that have no relevance to Liverpool. We need to have a proper breakdown of the LFC squad in a new thread with tactics, transfer targets. Not just telling us he's sold half the squad in his first season :D

EDIT - All good, just seen the new one.

Archived