Home-Grow"ing" Player Requests to go on Loan

TheGreat10ne1

As is the way with Football Manager, one of my favourite things about the game is finding and developing youngsters, and I doubt I'm alone in that. However, now with the whole European squad registration limitations, I often look to try and sign youngsters 18 years or less, so that in three years they can become a home-grown member of the squad.

The annoying thing is that, for this to work, you can't loan them out at all in that period. For some of the decent youngsters who aren't quite good enough to get into my first team, they often request to go out on loan.

Now, there should be an option within this conversation to say to him that you need him here to become a home-grown player at the club. At the moment, there is no option, but this is definitely a strong reason why I often don't let my youngsters go out on loan. Of course, a player could still reject this reason, as he does with all the others, but you should still be able to tell your player the truth. Instead I have to choose the "You're just a youngster and I know what's best for you!" option every time.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the suggestion, cause I am in the same place as the OP, I always give them the same answer "I know what's best for you"...

3 hours ago, David_H1997 said:

What if you loan him out to another club within the same country? Does that stop home grown status too?

There are two home-grown statuses:

A) Trained In Nation.
-The player has to play for 3 years (between the ages of 15-21) in clubs from the same nation in order to receive this status. Example:
59d7a698e7b32_trainedinnation.thumb.PNG.16c5ce440b0287f8d34f304f67e5a1b2.PNG
-You can loan him to any other club (foreign or local), as long as he completes the 3 year duration required in one nation before he is 22y old. Example:
59d7a7a5cc9ac_loan-2years.thumb.PNG.75b38a97296d5989c107bfd56fc662ef.PNG

B) Trained At Club.
-The player has to play for 3 years (between the ages of 15-21) in the same club. Example:
59d7a74ce8e9a_trainedatclub.thumb.PNG.33ba5e07bfcbedd52f30a424ed1b5e9c.PNG
-You can loan him to any other club (foreign or local), as long as he completes the 3 year duration required in your club before he is 22y old. Example:
59d7a7a5cc9ac_loan-2years.thumb.PNG.75b38a97296d5989c107bfd56fc662ef.PNG

Also, "Trained At Club" status gives an automatic "Trained In Nation" status, but not the opposite. Example:
I have a player who is 21 years old and has played at my club for 2 years (16/17 and 17/18).
59d7aad6b3c0e_DueDate.thumb.PNG.6bcdf7a9449ccee74fb154a3937df1e4.PNG
-My player will become "Trained At Club" in 30/6/2019 because he will have completed 3 years in Olympiacos. At the same time, he will also gain the "Trained In Nation" status, because he will have completed 3 years in Greece.
-If, in the meantime, I loan him out to a local club before 30/6/2019, he will only gain the "Trained In Nation" status, because he will still need 1 more year at my club for "Trained At Club" status, but now he will be 22y old and the limit is "3 years between 15y-21y".
-If, in the meantime, I loan him out to a foreign club before 30/6/2019, he will neither gain the "Trained In Nation" status, nor the "Trained At Club" status, because he will still need 1 more year at my club, but now he will be 22y old and the limit is "3 years between 15y-21y".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does the following image appear here in the end, even after I delete it from this post?

loan-2 years.PNG

• 2 months later...

Archived