Brexit Transfer Question

Brexit kicks in for me at the start of next season, and I got the scenario where EU players currently in the UK are fine, but all others require a WP.

It's March, and I'm currently scouting Felix Passlack at Dortmund. He looks a cracking player and it likely to cost north of 40m, but he has no international caps. My question is, if I agree a deal with Dortmund and the player before the end of the season, will that transfer be subject to the post-Brexit rules since the player won't actually move until the next window opens, or pre-Brexit rules because the deal was done before the end of the season?

Basically I want to know if I shell out 40m on a player, am I gonna be able to use him next season.

There seems to be very little information regarding this anywhere, and the inbox items I've received are vague and full of ambiguity.

I think he would require a Work Permit, my game got rid of Work Permits so cannot say 100%, but in the Prem rules it states that if the contract was signed before 25/06 then they would count as non-FGN under the new rules, so I expect you'd get the same thing and because he'll officially sign his contract with you on the 1st July then he'll need a work permit. Though if you check the rules tab it will tell you the full work permit rules so he might get a Work Permit on appeal anyway as the appeal now depends on how much money is paid, however I'd wait until after the changes have gone through so you can still cancel the transfer in case he fails.

If he has no international caps,you may not get a work permit. Brexit changes everything in the game(depending if you get hard or soft) as I found out in my save and really spoiled it as no one knows what the effects of brexit will be yet so should have been left out

Thanks for the response @michaeltmurrayuk—that makes a lot of sense.

The transfer isn't going to happen now anyway. After spending about 6 weeks negotiating with Dortmund and finally getting them to agree to a deal I was happy with, Passlack and his agent role up demanding a £11.5m signing on fee and a £9.5m agent fee! I sent them both packing.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:28, SuperFulhamFC said:

Brexit kicks in for me at the start of next season, and I got the scenario where EU players currently in the UK are fine, but all others require a WP.

It's March, and I'm currently scouting Felix Passlack at Dortmund. He looks a cracking player and it likely to cost north of 40m, but he has no international caps. My question is, if I agree a deal with Dortmund and the player before the end of the season, will that transfer be subject to the post-Brexit rules since the player won't actually move until the next window opens, or pre-Brexit rules because the deal was done before the end of the season?

Basically I want to know if I shell out 40m on a player, am I gonna be able to use him next season.

There seems to be very little information regarding this anywhere, and the inbox items I've received are vague and full of ambiguity.

i am pretty sure German players that cannot play for there country due to licencing issues are actually exempt from this? at least that is what i found with Emre Cann at Liverpool

Archived