Striker combinations

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what success people have had with different striker combinations. For example I've found so far that a target man/poacher combination works quite well for me. Most recently been using defensive forward/complete forward for my first season in the prem, and that at times worked pretty good. Is there a combination that has worked wonders for anyone? I usually play and advanced playmaker in the AMC position behind the front 2 also. 

I've had success in the past with AF/P, I've also had success with two complete forwards (one attack, one support)

In my experience it depends on a few factors, like team shape, style of play, quality of players, quality of opposition, oppo formation/tactics

• 1 month later...

Are a Complete Forward (S) and a Deep Lying Forward (S) too similar to be played in a front two? I know they both have 2 PI's in common (risky passes and hold the ball), with the Complete Forward (S) doing more dribbling and roaming, but could they come to work as well as other striker combination with the right players or is there any risk/disadvantage in it?

Trying to play with

DLF(S)    CF(S)

AM(A)

CM(S)    DLP(D)    CM(S)

WB(S)    CD    CD    WB(A)

• 1 month later...

Love fullbacks crossing from deep and being met with first time finishes from AF a or CF s. I'm underdog in prem so teams attack me leaving space for me to counter. I also like style of DF s in front of a SS -frees up a player for elsewhere but that's not the question in the OP, doh! If you are playing as Pompey I assume it takes a couple of years to work through the leagues. Decide overall style you want to achieve then plump for roles

Archived