Football Manager 2008 Install MAC help =)

7 hours ago, casperjunkz said:

Hi there,

I just bought Fm 08 from an shop and want to install this on my mac book but when i click on the install item and enter my administrator key

the icon disappears and nothing happens...

Want to do to get this game working?

Did you buy the Mac version?

4 hours ago, Smurf said:

I thought the discs had a dual install for Mac and PC - I wasn't aware there were different discs for different OS's

The current versions have dual install, but the older versions weren't and you had to purchase the correct version for your OS- FM 08 was one of these I am fairly sure.

• Administrators

To get the best help for you, it would be helpful to know in the first instance what your Mac specs are. Without this its hard to provide you tailored feedback to help you.

Back in 2008 (2007 even, as that's when FM08 was released), there were still a lot of Macs that were not Intel based. So, the game was made as Mac 'Universal'.

What this means is if you have a later Mac OS, (up to Snow Leopard / 10.6, you might need Rosetta installed.)

It may have issues running on Lion (10.7) or later.

Something like Parallels may help, but you would need to source a Windows license too for a compatible Windows version that will run FM08. And of course, make sure you have a Parallels version that works on your MacOS as well.

Archived