<Discussion> Club Relocation

vikeologist

In some nations, clubs can relocate to a different city / region.

An example of this is in China where the clubs are owned by companies, and many have moved to a different city.

I think this could be a fun addition to the game, much like sugar daddies.

It could result in

-big changes in attendance and facilities, perhaps especially youth recruitment. (Not always in a positive direction in China).

-players wanting to leave or join the club.

- a club threatening to leave the city unless the local council / legislature pays for a new stadium (yes, I'm looking at you, USA).

However, the difficulty in introducing it, including club rivalries could be offset by the difficulties in introducing it.

There's need to be a way of coding it so that it's very likely in countries like China where I'd guess that the majority of clubs have moved at some point, and very unlikely in England where as far as I know MK Dons is the only one.

It would be fun though when the 1:10,000 possibility of Liverpool moving to Cornwall happened, just for the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Tagged this as discussion, as I'd like to see if anybody could flesh out this potential feature. The fact is that this is sort of made redundant by the create a club feature, which is effectively a relocation, so for it to be a good idea it might need more meat on the bone than I've given it here.

I doubt its something you would see tbh.

I suspect the licences agreements would stop it happening in a lot of leagues/clubs which would then just leave you with unlicenced leagues/clubs.  I doubt SI would consider it just for unlicenced teams as it happens so rarely IRL.

• 4 months later...

Archived