Stadium Name Change doesn't work

Rivanov

I added a STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE row to the City, Club and Stadium Names.Inc file (stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\db\1630\lnc)

# Juventus
"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 1209 "Allianz Stadium" ""

But the change isn't implemented in my current running game. When I change another entity in this file, that does reflect in the game (after a restart).

Why can't I change the stadium name of Juventus?

You need to start a new game for changes to happen. 

So, did you start a new game with the name change of Juventus' stadium?

And did you start a new game with the other change?

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

You need to start a new game for changes to happen. 

So, did you start a new game with the name change of Juventus' stadium?

And did you start a new game with the other change?

Nope I didn't start a new game with the other change. I tested it by changing the clubname of Bayern München to FC Bayernnnnnnn

Restarted the game and the change was applied.

But the stadium name change doesn't work unfortunately.

Can't explain the Bayern thing but would still suggest starting a new game to see if the Juventus change happens. 

I have to wonder if licensing issues are behind. Not any chance anyone from SI would comment that. They don't comment here anyway. 

i am having the same problem but with changing competition names just like you cant change stadium names.  I am also able to change team names... weird.... how can i do this in the editor???  if i wanna say change a competition name

8 hours ago, bagman428 said:

i am having the same problem but with changing competition names just like you cant change stadium names.  I am also able to change team names... weird.... how can i do this in the editor???  if i wanna say change a competition name

Just load up editor. 

Go into competitions - type in name - click on it - name of competition - delete - type what you want it to be called. 

Oh, yeah.

Save editor as - whatever you want it to be called - name change etc.

Would be in data editor folder - 

C:\Users\Whatever your name is?\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\editor data

You should be able to delete inc files though this might infringe on SI licensing issues.

The data file should be able to be loaded when you go in FM under the name you have given it. 

Archived