Good way to find potentially big players

Now this trick is very useful (especially when managing smaller teams with smaller budgets) around the years 2019-2020, and got me some insane talents

It's as simple as this: during the above mentioned years, type in an average country like Czech Republic, Austria or whatever in the search bar with OK major clubs. Now check all of the six teams mentioned on the 'Overview' screen of the country, and look at their Key Player. If their key player is a newly-generated player, just scout the player. I don't even know how I came up with this scouting strategy, but using this, I got some insane bargains. Scouting in countries like Spain or England though, it will be very unlikely to find a newly-generated player as a major club's Key Player, and even if that was the case, he would cost tens of millions of pounds, excluding their salary. Now not every player you will scout will be a huge talent, but some of them are just mad.

9 hours ago, Skky said:

Now this trick is very useful (especially when managing smaller teams with smaller budgets) around the years 2019-2020, and got me some insane talents

It's as simple as this: during the above mentioned years, type in an average country like Czech Republic, Austria or whatever in the search bar with OK major clubs. Now check all of the six teams mentioned on the 'Overview' screen of the country, and look at their Key Player. If their key player is a newly-generated player, just scout the player. I don't even know how I came up with this scouting strategy, but using this, I got some insane bargains. Scouting in countries like Spain or England though, it will be very unlikely to find a newly-generated player as a major club's Key Player, and even if that was the case, he would cost tens of millions of pounds, excluding their salary. Now not every player you will scout will be a huge talent, but some of them are just mad.

Have done this in the past with Northern Ireland, Ireland and Wales and manage to find a few gems that I've either developed or sold on to Premier League clubs

Another good way is to check the newgen list as and when they first come into the game.  World>Transfers>Youth Intake.

If you focus on nations that aren't selected as playable leagues the numbers are manageable to comprehensively scout before buying if you have limited scouts available.

I'm in 34/35 season and my entire squad - barring one or 2 - has been built using this.  Those who don't make the grade for your first team can make you a fair profit still too.

scout all the u21/u19 squads   any players that have big clubs after them tend to turn out well,  i usually bid on players that have the obligatory   WNT PSG, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City, if you are quick sometimes you can steal a march and snap a few of these talents up.

Often you can get trials of these youngsters as well.

If it's a small database and a club with a reasonable track record of producing youngsters (basically the big clubs in most Eastern European countries and the likes of ASEC) I just scout/trial all their youngsters

Archived