Chairman mode.

GingeAndy

I don't know if this has been suggested before.. but i feel a chairman type mode would be a good idea. 

Obviously it will need a little work but the way it should work is simple.

You take over a club, probably best a lower league club.. or a new club that you make your own. Start from scratch.. you inherit the squad, you employ a manager whom you feel may will be a good move through an Interview process. You introduce the budgets to the manager and take it from there. 

If the club seems to be doing it on the pitch then ticket sales will increase which again will be beneficial to the club. You overlook all transfers, coach appointments etc.. and even increase the capacity of the stadium if the club becomes successful. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this suggestion. But I would include this option also for big clubs, being able to take the control of R.Madrid, Man Utd or what ever. 

In this case, it should be included the option to sign and release the manager and his functions.

• 2 weeks later...

As said above, Miles has said many times that they have no interest in bringing this into the game (which disappoints me). Personally I like to create my own little game of it using in game editor and set myself some rules to play buy (which changes save to save) sometimes I decide to be a billionaire owner and will set myself a big budget to start with and then make changes with plenty of freedom and not really paying attention to the realism side it. Other times I play a stricter game where I have a small budget to begin with and once I've made changes to what I believe a small budget could make I'll have very little input excluding sacking the assistant manager (who's in charge of all available duty as) and DOF (who'll be in charge of transfers). Any upgrades and transfer budget changes then will have to be requested through the in game chairman. 

What disappoints me most about the unwillingness to bring this mode into the game is that I feel it's already pretty much there, it just needs certain things locked down and opened up and being able to customise certain parameters

• 6 months later...

Archived