[FM 17 Sign-Up] Race to Win the World Cup - Youth Experiment - GAME THREAD

That great Bermuda run could have been us (PNG)! Although given they have the 3rd best player in the world, maybe not... 

We're going to be in trouble in a few years given 5/10 of our best players are 29, and we don't seem to have anyone particularly special coming through :/ 

Just out of interest @tastaiwan, what is New Zealand's ranking? Are we the definitive best team in Oceania now?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scoring 2 goals against France, beating Peru and taking Uruguay to penalties, that's brilliant. Unlucky to Guatemala though, missing out on goal difference. Nice to see Trinidad and Tobago also making the second round. CONCACAF looks very competitive right now.

On 8/1/2017 at 14:41, SoSolidSnake said:

That great Bermuda run could have been us (PNG)! Although given they have the 3rd best player in the world, maybe not... 

We're going to be in trouble in a few years given 5/10 of our best players are 29, and we don't seem to have anyone particularly special coming through :/ 

Just out of interest @tastaiwan, what is New Zealand's ranking? Are we the definitive best team in Oceania now?

nNcMefx.jpg

Angola

Schedule

Players

Emilio Barbeitos

Blessing Diogo - Would love to have on my personal save

Gerson Mussunga

Bermuda

Schedule

Players

Kelrick Bannis - It's been nice watching this guy develop at my favourite club, fricken' 15 years.

Francisco Coppola

Tahj Francis - Welcome to the presentation of the best, buddy

Cuba

Schedule

Players

Yoslan Aguirre

Ze Serrao

Arnaldo Ameijeiras

These three have been around for ages, time for some new faces.

Faroe Islands

Schedule - Oh boy

Players

Galym Krasikov - Your reign is almost over

Paul Taylor

Kari Hansen

Georgia

Schedule

Players

Zurab Gabelaia

Lukhum Kikaleishvili - Maybe in five or six updates I won't have to check how to spell his name every two seconds

Davit Mamulia

Guatemala

Schedule

Players

Mafre Rodas

Cesar Garcia

Milton Rodas

HK

Schedule

Players

Daniel Gadow

Julio Cesar

Yeung Chun Hung - Nice to see a local boy at such a reputable club like...West Brom. Looking at his recent transfers, he switches club basically every year, I wonder why

Indonesia

Schedule

Players

Dedi Redian

Yoga Santoso - I just can't like this player, his name reminds me too much of Yaya Sanogo

Abdul Mariono

Mauritius

Schedule

Players

Jean Madron

Louis Mitraille

Sewraj Pithia

Nepal

Schedule

Players

Laxman Krishna

Prakash Sarkar

Santosh Gurung

PNG

Schedule - Play some better games

Players

Jerry Japu - Still holding on to the top player spot. Where is Valentine Masange though, the man, the myth...

Steven Spain

Joshua Malus

Singapore

Schedule

Players

Rizal Aminuddin - I know you're 30 but you're slacking bud

Mohd Nor Husin

Ismail Morshidi

Somalia - Still strugglin'

Schedule - Ever strugglin'

Players

Fuadi Amin Ali

James Omar

Bishaaro Omar - No relation

T&C

Schedule

Players

Carlos Burgueno

Stevens Glinton

Fehmi Langliz

T&T

Schedule

Players

Brian Charles

Ken Wilson

Lloyd Joseph - I mean...Seattle is a great place to live, I guess

Wales

Schedule

Players

Ian Lloyd

Mykel Pughe

Jordan Roberts

Tottenham needs to screw off with the Welsh players, man.

Yo I'm rushing I got places to be I'll make this quick.

yepH77v.jpg

We suck.

48YqHLz.jpg

Indonesia sky-rocketing to 17th place, what the heck? Singapore misses getting in this by one spot. In the top 36 we also have Peru, Guatemala, Angola, and Georgia right around the same area.

1 hour ago, Human said:

@tastaiwan Has Kelrick Bannis retired from international football? He's not on the list of 6 highest reputation players on Bermuda's page and he hasn't gained any played for Bermuda in 2031.

Not sure but that would be my guess, how do I check?

PNG are just making me sad at this point. I had such high hopes when Masange appeared, but he could just never make it. We need some more youth but we don't seem to be getting many on the same level as Japu and how Masange should have been.

Good to see Angola back in the top 30, they certainly have players good enough to push a bit further - though their stars are just beyond their peak now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm losing faith with PNG, nothing particularly exciting coming up through the youth, we're dominating Oceania, but that doesn't mean much on a global scale. It doesn't even include Australia! I guess we may never make it to sub 100th in the rankings :(  

Angola are only the 6th highest ranked African country. There's a cluster of African teams from 21st to 24th in the World, with Egypt being above them in 16th and Congo 8th! 

Must say this comes as a surprise.. Gotta think my hopes for a World Cup are a few years away yet.

6 hours ago, Joe. said:

Would've been nice to have a little build up to that World Cup, but no biggie.. 

Angola slightly better this time round, but still yet to reach the knockouts!

Noted, I'll do what I can in that department next time around.

This World Cup was a pretty big step back compared to last time, I think.

8 hours ago, jtiessen said:

Are you going to be adding back the team rosters and best players in the world listings?

With team rosters do you mean the most recently picked national team? I can add those back in. It'll be a while though before I get this next one up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived