No player faces?

Sorry, but how is that related to my question? My game doesn't freeze or get stuck. I'm just wondering why all player faces are just a black silhouette? I understand the game doesn't have licenses to show the real player faces, but in older versions of the game there were generated player pics at least. Will all created newgens also just have a black slihouette as face pic?

you could also provide more info, like leagues you're running , team you're manging etc

afaik, facegen should only apply to new players, and new staff, ie players/staff that do not exist when game starts... 

edit to add.. it was a link to a thread where you can try suggestions to resolve graphics issues. unless im mistaken, faces not appearing is probably a graphical issue. 

If that's the case, then I'm fine. I can live with black silhouettes for the starting players, as long as newgens get normal faces. I also don't know what the leagues I'm playing have to do with it, but if it helps, I'm running all countries, first league only for smaller nations, all of them view only. Only playable leagues are France, England, Germany, Italy and Spain (first 3 tiers). I'm managing Kaiserslautern in the german 2nd division.

What might be more interesting: I added a team logo pack to get the real team logos and downloaded a skin. I thought it might be related to any of that, so I moved the logo pack files to a temp directory and reset the skin to default, but the player pics are all still black silhouettes, so I guess that's not the reason.

I may be wrong, but you may have just answered your own question  Managing in Germany could also be the root of the problem, as SI don't have license for Germany...

So yeah, leagues and setup matters a lot

If the problem was only there for german players, I'd agree with you, but all players in all leagues are black silhouettes. I just started a new game, just with the spanish league enabled, just to be sure, but it's the same there. And if the facegen didn't work because I'm in Germany, then why did it work in FM2011 and FM2014, where SI also didn't have a license for Germany?

2 hours ago, EquinoxX said:

If the problem was only there for german players, I'd agree with you, but all players in all leagues are black silhouettes. I just started a new game, just with the spanish league enabled, just to be sure, but it's the same there. And if the facegen didn't work because I'm in Germany, then why did it work in FM2011 and FM2014, where SI also didn't have a license for Germany?

Facegen works only for newgen players.

11 hours ago, EquinoxX said:

The Spanish league isn't licensed either so you won't have any player pictures for that league, try checking the USA MLS, Scottish and Dutch top leagues and the English Football League (though only Everton and Watford from the Premier League will be licensed) and you should find some player faces.

If no faces are still showing then follow the instructions here (its a different problem but the solutions are the same, but you can ignore the anti-virus bit):

If that doesn't work then your best bet is to raise the issue in the bugs forum.

I think it's fine, I installed a face pack now, and those pictures are showing, so I guess it's not a general problem or bug. I'll play on until the first newgens arrive and see if they will have generated faces.

Archived