Trying to re-create Milan

Pmarcos3

Hi guys, this topic isn't about the tactic I want to make, but about the players I need.

Before anything a little background, I want to make the 2005 milan, the one ancelotti led to a champions final. I already have the tactic(I think) obviously is the classic christmas tree formation of 4-3-2-1.  The thing is I am using a low reputation team, a mexican second division team which I ascended after some seasons. Now that I have the money and the infrastructure, I want to make this true. 

The reason I come to you, is because I am new to FM, even though I've been playing for around a year now, I don't understand a lot of it, and I am not that good. 

I want the players for my formation, for that I planned to scout players that played somewhat like those players in Ancelotti's Milan for example.

Kaka: AMC, I believe he should play as a shadow stricker or Advanced mid atk. I can scout him because he plays in Orlando city, so there's no problem about him.

The problem comes when I want to scout player like Seedorf, or Cafu, they don't play anymore, and even though I know how they played, I don't know how a player like them would look in FM16. So what I ask for you and the reason why I post in this forum is, can you share some players that play or have the stats and PPM like the real players, so I can use that info as a base to scout other players and try to build my team?

The players I need are:

• Schevchenko: I believe Complete forward or Deep
  • Rui Costa: Advanced Playmaker
  • Kaka: Stadow stricker or Advanced Midfielder atk
  • Pirlo: DLP
  • Seedorf: Box to box
  • Gatusso: Ball winning mid
  • Cafu: WB/ATK
  • Stam: CB
  • Nesta: CB 
  • Maldini: WB/Sup or FB/atk or Sup

I hope I made this post right, and thanks for any help you can give me. It doesn't matter if the players are from fm17, 16 o 15, what I want is to identify the attributes and ppm that a player like the ones mentioned before look like.

(Sorry if the english isn't that well, not my first language)

1 hour ago, DannyFM87 said:

Sure, I could name a few players that play how Cafu, Seedorf, Gattuso etc used to play.

But would any of them join a Mexican 2nd division team? I doubt it haha.

I think I didn't explain it like I should, I don't want to sign that players that play like cafu, seedorf, etc. What I want is to see their attributes and ppm, so I can search for a cheaper player with lower reputiation but that looks like them. 

For example lets say that kaka has a 20 dribbling, 20 pass, and 20 shot, with ppm one-two and dictates tempo.

You will show me a player with that characteristics, lets say... Coutinho. He has the same 19 dribb, 19 pass, 19 shot and the same ppm.

So what I will do is say, oh kaka had those attributes so I need to search a guy of my level, so I sign Juan (invented name) a Amc from Colombia, of 21 years that has 14 dribb, 14 pass, and 14 shot, with ppm play one two.

Did I explain myself? What I want is to see how thos legend players should look like in FM so I can rebuild their team. 

And my team is already in first division.

Thanks for answering man.

The "Christmas Tree" formation was designed after Shevchenko went to Chelsea, with Kaka and Seedorf as AMCs behind the sole striker, who was mainly Pippo Inzaghi. Between 2002-2005, Milan played mostly with 2 strikers, Shevchenko, who I think you got the Complete Forward role to suit him, and Crespo or Pippo Inzaghi, who in my opinion are suited for the Poacher role, with Crespo maybe working as Adv Forward with attack duty. 

I also believe Nesta was a ball-playing defender and Pirlo is definitely a regista, although I don`t know how that role works in FM, because I haven`t used it.

You are right, I made a mistake, it wss 2004 milan, they won the scudetto with it. 

Thanks for commenting in the post guys, but no one has given me tips about the atributtes and ppms a player should have to play like those guys in milan.  

And are you sure Pirlo was a regista? For me he was a DLP.

Also an update, I aplied the tactic to my team with a deep forward, and it worked pretty well, I was one victory away to qualify to mexican play off (where the champion is chosen) and reached quarter final in the cup. For a team with 500-1 to become champion, It was good, last season I did in the full year 29 points, now with the milan tactic I made in half a year 26. 

Archived