R.W.S Bruxelles

argento

forgot to post this earlier

7eoARO.png

Still not selling many shirts but decent improvement on the kit sponsor, here's hoping in 5 years time when it gets renewed will be even bigger

i4O8zu.png

Got as far as extra time but an ageing Hazard bested his Countrymen

ZiZMUc.png

It took 4 attempts but I have finally captured the Belgian Super Cup.  No more trophies left to win in Belgium just need to lift some European trophies and club world cup and it will all be done

gv78kW.png

Best in Belgium.  Finally overtook Rene Weiler who was dominating at Anderlecht before heading into International management with Belgium and then Italy.  He has now retired so he won't be catching me

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xmas Update

mX6iK5.png

We have lost a few games but none of the other top sides have maintained any form so we have already built up a decent lead, Zulte have been the shock of the season as they sit 2nd in the league.  Anderlecht are looking a bit better so far this year but they are still struggling considering how dominant they were under Wailer.

UnKn0Z.png

8dh1xx.png

We cruise into the semi finals again and its a tougher draw than it seems considering their form so far this year

DOAt2x.png

Champions League 

kYM10G.png

We took 2nd spot with Madrid dominating although we did manage to bag all 3 points at home, we couldn't beat Lyon but our win over Madrid proved vital in beating them into 2nd spot.  Pleased with our draw in the knockout stage, I am fairly confident of getting into the quarter finals

Vufixb.png

iiL9x2.png

Finally new stadium looks like it is finally being built, nearly doubling our current capacity!  Let the good times roll

UMXqNH.png

N6z6l3.png

Just two signings both youngsters who were shipped out on loan, Stromberg is a very promising centre half but we are well equipped there so he goes on loan to develop further, Thompson is a talented attacking midfielder I have been tracking for a while and he has gone back to New York on loan for the rest of the season.

jkT7KX.png

Lemmo hadn't been with us long as I signed him year before but sent him back out on loan, Atletico met his release fee and he had no interest in negotiating a new deal with us.  Moreno only had 18 months left on his deal and wasn't happy with his situation here so I decided to let him go.  Olivan and Makaringe will both come back and be competing for a regular spot but for now they are on the fringes so at least they are playing regular football to the end of the season

WzXS55.png

Here is to 500 more

O8E6dk.png

Own goals galore confirm our place to in the Croky Cup Final 

qfNNRC.png

We make the quarters of the Champions League after a big win at home saw us through

RvTb9E.png

gvEVkJ.png

Pleased with the draw, would of been tough no matter who we got but I definitely feel we may have a chance here against Atletico.

UhmDoi.png

We finished the end of the regular season and apart from one blip we were unstoppable, Carlos Moreno adapting well in his first season as Soumah finds himself still on the bench.  The season saw us end 17 points clear of Genk so we have an 8 point cushion going into the next round, Anderlecht have another 7th place finish as they finish outside the top 6 again, they really have stumbled under Koeman

wrBoFV.png

MoslkX.png

huVPuJ.png

Genk beat us in the final on penalties, we have lost on penalties a few times now and it is something we are going to need to work on in the future!

18xqAW.png

Another player exits through the door, I like Gruezo he has been a decent player for us but he has become a bit part player lately and he was tempted by the big money of Saudi Arabia so I decided to cash in on him since he is 30, he added a fair bit of experience to the side but most of the players in the squad have been here for more than a few years now so hopefully he wont be missed too much

Eduardo Gonzalez was the hero of the day once again as his goal saw us make the last four of the Champions League for the first time in our history but with PSG and both Manchester sides in the semis we are going to be hard pushed to get any further. If PSG win we at least get to cash in on another clause from the Konate deal, still I would rather win the trophy but I still don't think we are quite there yet

SVVLJq.png

6uavVV.png

5LIfXZ.png

Fantastic win but conceding twice at home killed it off for us, still we proved we can mix it with the big boys, great run

tNBq7F.png

Injuries piled up a bit during the the end but still managed 9 wins, Moreno stepping up in Gonzalez's absence.  Vanneste bossing it in the middle and attracting interest from Real Madrid and Tottenham which has been unsettling him.  Hopefully tie him down to a new deal to keep him happy

64VPe8.png

56bUv1.png

Cashed in some more on the Konate deal, he had only played 3 times for them this season so I jumped at the chance to snag another £14M as I really doubt he will go onto make 50 appearances since he has made just 20 in 2 seasons. We also bagged another £4.5M as PSG won the Champions League meaning we have made about £101M off the deal!  I may even try and bring him back if he continues to be a back up player in PSG I mean he has earned me enough money!

WeR28R.png

Good to spend some money on facilities, our youth facilities are already pretty good it is the training facilities that need the most work!

Xdkqc3.png

MYQh0X.png

It is hard to remember a season where Gonzalez has not been voted player of the year, how he isn't a club legend or icon yet is beyond me.

rbp684.png

Look at those shirt sales, flying off the shelf these days!!!

rxoGJn.png

We had two players in the world cup final and it was the Danes who won the trophy eclipsing the 1992 side led by our Andreas Christensen with former no1 keeper Hennig Larsen in the sticks although it was heartbreak at Weber but at 19 he will have plenty of chances at International honours, it was a better display from Belgium who made the last 8.

Transfers Out

uPSIWT.png

A lot of players out the door this summer.  James Boyd and Jorge Samaniego both left for their minimum release fees, Boyd was probably our best all round player but has wanted to leave for a while, Samaniego is a good CB but we have loads of options there so I wasn't to upset.  Perdomo left because I managed to snag a world class keeper so he was surplus to requirements, I was hoping for a larger fee but I also felt it was unfair to make him a back up as he has been good for us. Chiriac and Jemal where back up CB's which was an overcrowded position, the last player to leave permanently was Frances who is a good AMC but with Vanneste and another young Belgian player there as back up I wanted to give the Belgian youngster more playing time.  As for the loans there is some decent fees being brought in each month and all the players are increasing their value by playing regularly often at a higher standard

tBNrk5.png

Signed some decent players this window even with the players that have left I feel the squad is stronger.  John Campbell I agreed to sign 2 years ago and heads straight out on loan, Sganzerla heads back to Boca for a seaso, Rowlands goes to Gent for the season as I look to see if he will make the switch to the Belgian league fine and the other back up player Renane is a young Algerian who I will try and stick out on loan somewhere for some regular football.  Here is the screenshots of the players who will be in my first team squad this season

Isvq5T.png

Huge signing bagged him in February when he went on the transfer list, Dutch number 1 and he is a fair bit better than Perdomo so I am happy with this upgrade, it didn't cost too much either which I am happy with

V8f9He.png

Signed from Anderlecht, yep we are now stealing our rivals best players.  Paid over the odds for him but he is home grown and I need more Belgians in my squad.  I don't use wingers so will be using him as a striker and I may well retrain him as an AMC as well.

HKqcUt.png

Was tracking this guy for a while and with 3 CB's out the door I decided to finally bring him in, I was going to wait for another year but with Dortmund and Tottenham sniffing around it was now or never.  

6FELeh.png

He chose Chelsea over us 4 years ago when he left Birmingham for £27M, he never made an appearance for them and his development has stuttered but at 24 with regular football still can hit his peak, solid back up for Gonzalez/Moreno
agWvPZ.png

I lost Boyd so this was the direct replacement from PSV, surprised he hasn't been capped yet.

Finally Champions League groups drawn and it was a tough one I still think we will qualify but it isn't the easiest.  Genk got a rough draw with last years winners PSG and Real Madrid, Kobenhavn are the last team so they should at least drop into the Europa League latter rounds

dhQLvP.png

January Update

Jupiler League

We have been in top form in the league with just the one slip up when I played the B team.  Vanneste has stepped up his goals this season being in double digits already.  Moreno has struggled to replicate last seasons form but O'Connor has has been in good form to step up, with our new number 1 we have been leaking less goals and he is definitely the best keeper we have had on the books since Larsen.  Gonzalez killing it as always, he is far too good for the Belgium league.

lrh12O.png

KCla5O.png

Croky Cup

TLfBhw.png

Anderlecht gave us a a scare in the quarter finals but good ol Gonzalez popped up in injury time to make sure we remain the pride of Brussels, it is always great getting one over them but I have been dissapointed with their quick decline they booted out Koeman last year but so far the new guy hasn't fared any better either

H3JFSD.png

Champions League

Proved to be quite a straight forward group in the end...  Where Moreno has failed in the league he has been very prolific in the Champions League heading the scoring charts, huge win in Istanbul was great but doing the double over Bayern was even greater.  

llvRjS.png

hZ4msh.png

Some decent teams unseeded for the draw, wasn't the hardest but neither the easiest, Spurs won the Europa League last year and have RWS Bruxelles alumni Hennig Larsen and Jorge Samaniego.  Time to show them why it was a poor decision to move on!

Y1DDch.png

January Transfer Window

Junior has been targeted for a while but I was holding out for his minimum release fee and finally someone met it so another one of my stars heads to the Premier League.  Flamengo make over £10M on it as they had a 40% sell on, still a decent chunk of profit.  Was always going to be hard to keep hold of our best players although it is frustrating to lose 3 of my starting 11 to minimum release fees in just 6 months

Y94x2W.png

EdI5fx.png

Another clause cashed in, he was always going to get this.  Now it is time to start spending some of this money

V5IeWL.png

I was chasing this guy years ago when he was at Braga but he chose Leverkusen, he was on the transfer list there so managed to snag him for £13.75M, a lot more than I would of paid all those years ago but still a steal for this kind of experience.  Signed as a replacement for Junior

DrZxjo.png

Admittedly mainly signed this guy to add towards my homegrown contingent but he is also a quality player who is a natural CB/DM/CM which is very helpful. He is already 31 and I paid £4.2M for him, goes against my normal signing criteria but figured it wasn't a huge outlay and with a lot of players leaving constantly I struggle to develop and maintain homegrown talent.  

snSW0b.png

He has only been here 6 months and is already getting itchy feet, bit disappointing. He seemed fine at Feyenoord for years as I was tracking him.  I think the ai is loaded to make your players more unsettled.  I've got Salvador Gonzalo on loan at Monaco who is a quality keeper too but I still feel Baggerman is the best option.  He has a £50M release fee, so pay up or he stays.

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Absolutely dominant.  :thup:

My aim is to try and buy more home grown Belgian talent as although they are asking a  lot of money if the other teams spend wisely it could help stimulate the domestic league into becoming a bit more competitive

NQOQ5l.png

Continued to cruise ahead in the league building up a solid lead, Anderlecht making the top 6 again is a relief, I have my eyes on 1-2 of their players so maybe they will continue to re-invest the money wisely and will lead to them becoming a more powerful force again.  With our current co-efficients we could have up to 3 sides qualify for the Champions League which would be a great achievement.

s0pFKu.png

QDDJMr.png

We have made the Croky Cup final again and hopefully we can keep up our routine of winning it every other year, relatively straight forward draw for the final and I will probably keep using some of the fringe players for the final since they got us here, it's only fair.  

00fmTr.png

nOGPZe.png

They gave us a scare in both legs but we had enough about us to get past them, after an action packed first half the second half just petered out, very happy with the quarter final draw and whilst there are no easy games at this stage it is one of the kinder draws.  Saying that they did just knock out Man City who took us out on away goals in the semi finals this year.

XoIIDW.png

pLCn5z.png

c9yvtJ.png

The Cup comes back to Brussels!  Kept the faith with some of the second string and they still pulled through.  Soumah grabbing the 2nd he has barely played since signing 3 years ago against Standard and with better options at front I may finally let him go, he has wanted to leave for a while and I feel now I should let him leave rather than have him still rot in the reserves

4IggKA.png

After only managing a 1-1 draw in Brussels I was a bit worried and we scraped it on away goals after a 3-3 draw in Naples.  Thought we were going to bottle it at one point.  Very tough semi final draw, a potential final against either last years winners PSG or Atletico Madrid who we defeated last year.

K5FAJ5.png

First domestic treble! Standard Liege who finished 14th after a shocker of a season went through the European play off lottery all the way and beat Lokeren to get the last Europa League spot, redemption there.  This league is always interesting.

zZqzov.png

HYQiCy.png

gUq3Jv.png

Couldn't get past Barcelona, still with expectations only the last 16 still getting to the last 4 the last 2 years in a row is still some achievement for a small side from Brussels.  
4I1Gis.png

1 hour ago, Joagamecube said:

You are a legend! :D Any chance you play with a database that goes all the way up to the third amateur division? :D If so, you should start managing my home town team and make them glorious,you're good! :D 

My database goes down to first amateur league!  I got very lucky early on to get to the Jupiler League earlier than I anticipated. 

Now fighting off the advances of various clubs for my star players

Geez, you're playing quickly, I had some catch up to do.

Europe League winners - brilliant
back-to-back Champions League semi-finals - better!

This looks as if you're just a tiny step away from Champions League glory. I sense the European title coming over to Brussels in the next 2 or 3 years...

25 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Geez, you're playing quickly, I had some catch up to do.

Europe League winners - brilliant
back-to-back Champions League semi-finals - better!

This looks as if you're just a tiny step away from Champions League glory. I sense the European title coming over to Brussels in the next 2 or 3 years...

I feel we are getting closer, it is just a case of holding the key players together 

With that said, this years arrivals/departures

PZyvga.png

Oscar Herrera has been a bit part player and although very talented I have 2 Belgian left backs that need playing time so I let him leave for his minimum release fee, Soumah managed just 10 goals in 37 league appearances over 3 years so decided to cash in on him.  The other departures where all players who I thought wouldn't make the grade or youngsters that had clauses I forgot (Madrid stealing Toth).  We also are going to net £1.5M a month roughly from the loan deals which will help offset our very high wage bill (especially for a Belgian club).

AbUqZu.png

Agreed to sign him towards the end of the last year, paid over the odds for him but he's young and Belgian.  Will give him some starts this year but don't expect him to feature much, may well send him out on loan in January

GntO8C.png

Signed from Argentina but for once not from Boca, decent striker who will hopefully make an impact off the bench

O97S3n.png

Retained the Super Cup!

003tXj.png

Pleased with our group, some decent sides but nothing we should be worried about, Gent are in for a rough ride and will be in a tight spot to finish even 3rd I feel

TtJCER.png

Apart from a slip up in the Brussels derby we have been coasting it in the league with 57/60 points.  Willy De Witte has been our break out star, he has been on the fringes for a few years now and with Vanneste nursing a long term injury he has taken this opportunity well.  Eduardo Gonzalez has been even more prolific than normal and is having his best return yet for goals.  After qualifying for Europe last season Standard Liege have reverted back to their earlier form having won just one game so far, with only one team getting relegated each season they have been close a few times now but manage to turn it around late on, maybe this year will be the year they don't.

5bLyKW.png

We cruise through to the last 4 of the cup again and a potential final with Anderlecht

vPKTfk.png

kclNG5.png

aUeJo4.png

Topped the group, was rather straight forward but Malaga and Benfica were tougher than I expected, our goal difference looks so much better only because Legia were so poor and we put 13 past them in 2 games,  Moreno won the golden boot in the Champions League last year and with 8 goals in the group stage he could be on his way to retaining it.

fZ89nw.png

Fairly happy with the draw there was certainly tougher draws. Everton are struggling in the Prem sitting 9th and Lukaku is now past his best so I can't see them giving us too much trouble.
YYZqzR.png

When transfer windows go bad....  Their minimum release fees were met and they had no interest in renegotiating, we lost around 35M of it in sell on fees but still some good profit.  Not going to panic sign anyone unless there is someone I really think will add to the squad

hNFUan.png

XuBC7e.png

One signing, Yano is already an established international signed from Hiroshima for just £2M I actually agreed to buy him for twice this in August but he refused to join, currently subject to a loan bid from Sheffield Wednesday which I will probably accept as it is for his wages and £200k a month so will pay off half his transfer fee already if he accepts

su8L7F.png

Awards, Awards, Awards

NwXIxL.png

YP53M4.png

uPRrmy.png

Westerlo dead last without wins. :( They became my fav team in Belgium when I managed them a few FMs back, got them champions and into the later stages of the Europa League ... (not anywhere near as far as you've gone!!) 

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

Westerlo dead last without wins. :( They became my fav team in Belgium when I managed them a few FMs back, got them champions and into the later stages of the Europa League ... (not anywhere near as far as you've gone!!) 

They also relegated in real life this year, sadly..

EKa06S.png

We scraped past Genk, Gonzalez coming to our rescue again.  Anderlecht bottled the semi finals so sadly no all Brussels final

9uOqAU.png

Champions League update

wYgmGb.png

When Gaulthier got sent off I got a bit nervous but thanks to a win at Goodison we were already in a good place, still a 10 goal thriller is always fun.  Porto knocked out Juventus last round so they could be quite tough.  Got a great chance of making the final 4 again here.

3B57C5.png

7 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Willy De Witte is one of my favorite regen names in ages...assuming the "e" in "Witte" is pronounced (as it is for an old friend and former teammate of mine).  

It is a great name for a great player.  He has really blossomed last 12 months here's a little screenshot for you

OBoINj.png

DnCaDJ.png

We cruised through the league and have managed our best season yet winning 28/30 of the games, we still only head into the championship round with an 8 point lead because Genk had a very good season as well, good to see Anderlecht bounce back as well.  Westerlo managed to turn it around at the over end finally winning a few games and condemning Standard Liege to relegation, Gent also had a bad season finishing out of the top 6 for the first time in a while

8B8Hax.png

yPXqze.png

Croky Cup retained!

yVHauX.png

8 hours ago, noikeee said:

I don't know who to root for in that CL quarterfinal...

we sensed your support in the 2nd leg

xhd82b.png

Probably the best possible semi final opponent, the other semi is reigning Champions PSG v Bayern Munich

RZ072J.png

Ff1Ic5.png

Another home win saw us through as we make our first ever Champions League final.  Moreno looking for Champions League golden boot again and leads the way with 15 goals and Gonzalez isn't far behind on 13.  PSG in the final looking to make it 3 in a row.  Can we end their domination?

XRckec.png

joOpA9.png

8Omgji.png

League is getting a bit boring now, might put some restrictions on myself to try and keep things more interesting but that will only make our main goal of being European Champions harder.

Y7266o.png

Gonzalez breaking an 80+ year record

z90SVr.png

Now it is time for the final.  We have to travel to France to meet PSG, can we do the unthinkable?

The line ups

49cy12.png

They scored early so we were immediately on the back foot, we had a way back into the game but for once Gonzalez wasn't our hero as Donnarumma who is an absolute beast saved it.  Josip Vukur who started n Belgium with Gent and turned me down more than once put us to the sword with a magnificent hatrick.  We had plenty of shots we just couldn't take our chances.  Still we are getting closer.  Incredibly PSG have won 3 Champions Leagues on the bounce!
JyLxsQ.png

This shows just how dominant they have been

U9VxYT.png

Another award, hadn't won it last 2 years so glad to get a bit of recognition.  Still despite my great rep still not been linked to any top 10 premier league clubs.  Not that I want to take any jobs yet but I may well move on in a few years if we win the Champions League

l5NeQ6.png

Delighted for Gonzalez he's been close a few times but because he only gets 1.5 points per goal he hasn't managed to get it before, he's already 28 he has been with us a while now 8 seasons (including 2 on loan).  He has made 429 appearances in all competitions for us scoring 377 times and is our record appearance holder and all time top league goal scorer. Still only rated as an icon by the club I hope he gets to legend status he certainly deserves it.

HRh3wu.png

This guy came through our youth set up a few years ago and with Charita injured a fair bit this season he played a fair bit and he has become phenomenal he was turning heads at Barcelona so snapped him up on a long term contract till 2033 with an option for another 2 years with no release fee either.  Charita is my vice captain but I think Gauthier is better even now and has a lot more room to grow.  Shocked he didn't get called up to Belgiums Euro squad.
xi8Kg4.png

Bit disappointing to lose this after just 2 years, hopefully if Anderlecht kick on again and our sides do better in Europe we can hopefully get it back!
h35pXg.png

bVMUon.png

Germany lose their third final in 8 years as Holland return to the big boy table after a few years in exile.  Belgium done alright getting to the quarters and they had 4 of our players in the squad and about the same again at least in ex-players.  We had two players lift the trophy this year with Bolt and Baggerman coming back to Brussels with medals

BudXfK.png

Gonzalez picking up more accolades, apart from the yearly bid from Atletico Madrid no one had really come in for him which is surprising considering he is proving to be just as adept for the national side as he is for us!  He also made team of the year, as did two of our goalkeepers.

AjUHBt.png

Minimum fees coming back to haunt us.  The agents insist on them and I have been offering over the top wages to at least get them as high as possible.  Now got the scouts out looking for new recruits.

dXNvMT.png

ecjUtW.png

I know where my money is going...

C9i7Vl.png

Our first signing, this season.

yprpi5.png

Snapped up for £21.5m from Krasnodar, he only had a year left on his deal so I could of probably got him cheaper in January or in the summer but with other clubs lurking around I jumped now as we have the cash.  Got high hopes for this kid.

Finally I saw in the news that Staunton became manager of Benfica so I figured he must of had a really good career to get that kind of job, weirdly they signed him on the back of winning League One with Chesterfield.  Very bizarre

VKkyj9.png

Transfers Out

pZps7G.png

Lot of movement as always, generating £1.8M a month in loans which will help stem the losses of my huge wage bill.  You guys knew I lost Alaniz and O'Connor but Man City came in and destroyed us in August taking Charita, Rudolfsson and Moreno for their minimum release fees.  Three players who often started last season.  Makaringe signed for me 3 years ago made 7 appearances and has been shipped out on loan to various places since and his contract was up next season so I cashed in.  Lucky was a big player for us in the early days but has spent last 3 years out on loan netting me around £9M and then £11.75M now to see him go permanently, not bad for a free signing.  Olivan, Awuah and Montoya were both talented players but they were only on the fringes of my squad so I let them go.  Now with those players out lets see who is arriving

Transfers In

BIziLr.png

Started at Watford and was touted as the next big thing and joined Man City for £49M he barely played moved onto Spurs where he didn't fit in either so we bagged him for just £7.5M which I feel is a bargain

rxcKrb.png

Snapped up from Fenerbahce for £21.5M, class central midfelder with plenty of room to grow

aq4Dhj.png

Spent nearly £30M on this guy, which was the cheapest of all the options available to me.  Will mainly be a rotation player for the next year but I fully expect him to become a big part of the side especially since Christensen is 32 so he will only have a few more years left at this level.  Also has hair

YBZYuN.png

£2M from Nacional, will have him out on loan to develop some more.  I agreed to sign him a while ago and had to wait till he was 18 to complete the transfer. 20 for determination so if he knuckles down can see some good improvements stat wise for him.  Has some hair as well which is a shock for us

9BIUnK.png

After Man City raided my side I needed another left back as back up, I signed this guy from Club Brugge where has spent over 3 years and is classed as home grown for the Belgium league which is a bonus.  Can also play right back as well. Cost £4.2M

cMhvgr.png

Back up for the season, there wasn't much about and I needed cover.  I have another full back I am developing who I spent a lot of money on last January but I have shipped him out on loan for the season as it was my team Norwich that came in for him and he will develop quicker playing regular football in the premier league than he would off the bench with us

ol9uJK.png

Was transfer listed by Leverkusen can play CB or DM naturally and also when in need as a CM.  With Atletico stealing Alaniz I only have Dendoncker as a DM so it seemed a good deal.  Only cost £13.5M which isn't bad at all since we got £38M for Alaniz

EyfeiG.png

First game and first trophy of the season, also a great debut from Ates grabbing a goal as well

ibZXL7.png

There is some tough groups there with Groups E and F looking !  Dortmund and Inter are decent sides but I am confident of us progressing through the group.  Last season with 2 teams in the group stages so hoping Genk make a good showing so perhaps we can get it back! 

Look who is back with a deadline day signing

yryCNB.png

We made around £100M off PSG with all the clauses we cashed in on but after 4 years made 15 starts and 49 appearances in total scoring 16 times.  Good to have him back he is a good striker for this level and after he spent 3 years with us when he was younger he is classed as home grown which is a great extra benefit.  Hopefully he can recapture the form that made PSG snap him up in the first place

January Update

Croky Cup

BM0I4t.png

We played mainly a second string side so far and we got a tasty draw for the semi finals

BsBRhd.png

League 

Tk32FM.png

Been on cruise control in the league with all our strikers pitching in, might even have a shot at going unbeaten this season.  Konate in his first seaon back has pitched in with a few goals off the bench and Gonzalez has been having a quiet season by his standards but is still our top scorer.

D0j8vj.png

Champions League

nKZpdx.png

ZgIECd.png

Topped the group but I expected to I was surprised with how poor Dortmund were, Genk nearly qualified for the latter stage managing 9 points but Bilbao and Man Utd both ended on 10 points.  I was really hoping they would pull through but sadly it wasn't to be.  We are drawn against Porto who we beat in the quarter finals last year.  The biggest games in this round is probably Bayern v Man City and Barcelona v Chelsea so a few big dogs will be heading out early.

u8sB9D.png

In other news his dream move to City isn't going to plan for him.  £30M summer signing and was transfer listed by November.

scZSOz.png

Transfer Window

Only player to leave was young Scottish keeper Campbell who joined Everton till the end of June and we are picking up £250,000 a month for our troubles, he will play regularly at a higher level so will help hom and us long term

In

I4eYpV.png

Our main signing this window, he was on the transfer list at Chelsea and picked up for just £9.25M.  He chose Chelsea over us a few years back when he left Pumas but he never played a first team game and spent last season on loan at Hamburg.  I nearly snapped him up on loan in August but Chelsea wanted £350,000 a month and when he went on the transfer list in October I snapped at it, at only 20 he is a long term signing especially with Christensen and Dendoncker approaching the end of their careers.

8wjF12.png

Bagged this guy on a free after his contract expired looks a decent prospect.  Signed from Emelec I only found him as he spent last season on loan at Atletico Paranaense. Have sent him out on loan to Zulte Waregem till the end of the season. Worst case scenario we sell him on for a profit.

oi4rqj.png

Signed from KSA for £5,000 compensation, was recommended and had a cool hair cut.  Will spend some time out on loan while I watch how he improves to see if he is ready for the first team squad.  

dTJuLj.png

Losing three regulars for the first team here, we have depth in all positions but not too worried.  

NhdUbo.png

Hope this doesn't kill his development and because I sold Charita and his replacement Van Stappershoef is also injured I have been playing Christensen at LB I may well revert a 3-5-2 and play a second DM to pick up the slack for the rest of the season.  I looked for a left back in January but no one decent was available

e6jkhC.png

Our last plans got cancelled but we are regularly getting good crowds now so hopefully this will come to fruition now.

March Update

p18KB7.png

We finish the regular season unbeaten!  Gonzalez leading the way with 33 goals as per. Despite our defensive injury problems with Baggerman in the sticks we still managed to bag a lot of clean sheets, he is attracting a lot of interest but with Gonzalo ready to step in and Campbell nearly ready.  Dendoncker's contract expires end of the season and he is nearly 34 he is still a decent player but Loppert is mainly used as our DM now.  He wants over £100,000 a week to stay and it is a lot of money to sit on the bench especially when I have a fair few home grown talents now.  I wanted to keep him till he retired though so I could transition him into the staff

Gt2LP7.png

rCaoKk.png

JwtIfX.png

Anderlecht's lack of form has been disappointing and the last few years they have fell off a fair bit.  I have raided them a fair bit and PSG and Man United have both splashed cash to sign their key players but sadly the money has not gone into signing new talent.  Genk have become the closest team in terms of a competitve rivalry lately

i77PQd.png

9 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Have completely missed your thread somehow. Will try to catch up with it some day, for now you got a new follower! :D

Oh and nice job finishing the regular season unbeaten!

Cheers always good to have a new follower, hope you enjoy.  

cxQNiw.png

We picked up a 3-3 draw in the first leg so I was quite confident of going through on at least away goals as I couldn't see them beating us at the fortress.  Banza-Lusamba deputised for Gonzalez up front and proved to be quite lethal.  When I signed him he was naturally a winger but as I don't play with them I converted him to a striker.  Vanneste has been trying to leave for a while and with the emergence of De Witte I might try retraining him as an AMC to compete for a spot there as well.

There was 2 clubs I didn't want in the quarter finals PSG and Man City and just our luck we got City.  Monaco got to the semis last year and overcome a 3-1 first leg defeat to Atletico Madrid to qualify against the odds and they have proven to be very handy but PSG are just ruthless.

tCwD65.png

Another Croky Cup as Wlly Konate scores in the final to lift his first trophy since rejoining the club.  He has scored 12 in 18 since rejoining which is more than he did in his last 3 years at PSG.  That is our 6th Croky Cup although we are still way behind Anderlecht who have bagged 13.  

OC8RFw.png

xzfOIz.png

When Moreno scored in the 1st minute I thought it was it, my old striker who won the Champions League golden boot the last 2 years coming back to haunt me.  We scored two goals quite quickly but I still wasn't confident that we would hold out but when Sanches was sent off I went into attacking mode and it worked as we took a two goal lead.  Parilla pulled one back so it is still all to play for.  Keep it tight at home and we have got this!

wEuSJ0.png

Justin Bexfield what a man.  Bet Man City are ruing the day they sold this guy.  They spent £49M on him he scored twice on debut and despite that he never played for them again in the next 3 years before joining Spurs barely playing then joined us.  He has had a fantastic season for us scoring 27 times in 34 appearances as well as scoring in the final as Nigeria lifted the African Cup of Nations with him as the star player.  He didn't make his International debut till 25 as he gave up waiting for England, definitely their loss.

Onto the semi finals as we meet Arsenal.  They haven't been that competitve on the European scene in recent years but have bounced back now.  Avoiding PSG means we could meet them in the final and try and get some revenge for last year or we could meet Mourinho's United.  Still before we get ahead of ourselves we have to get past Arsenal.

BLnmEu.png

Season is going down the pan quickly. We have Genk next in a huge game

n64A3d.png

Things got even worse

p2I8u3.png

At least we have an away goal, Gonzalez got injured as well putting him out for over a month so essentially ending his season

Archived