R.W.S Bruxelles

argento

279.png

1_zpslwcwbpsh.png

After my South America got ruined by bugs I decided I needed a new challenge and after going through different European leagues I settled on Belgium.  Apart from the cool name and badge I was draw to the club as its a league with some decent teams already so once (I should say if!) I get to the top of the mountain there will be regular competition.  Hoping to establish a rivalry with big city rivals Anderlecht.

We are predicted to finish 11th in the league, our squad is small at just 19 players but with a bank balance of just £3,000 and the following budgets it looks like we wont be adding anyone to the squad anytime soon

4_zpsqwjvxomu.png

So with that in mind lets take a look at what I have inherited, it is a small squad admittedly but there is some talent there.

5_zps1ujn2gsk.png

The best player I have is clearly Mohammed Tchite, the name rung a bell and I checked his history and he has been around a while having a spell with Anderlecht where he banged them in before moving to Racing Santander for £5.5M but it didn't work out to well and he has played for various Belgium teams since and at 32 has drifted into the 3rd division.  On £1,000 a week which is about 20% of my wage budget so we will have to see if he will be worth it.

6_zpsc8mu3bfx.png

With my limited squad and a lack of full backs it looks like I will be using a 3-5-2 this season this is how I am planning on setting the lads out

2_zpsxkrroliv.png

3_zpsslce6hte.png

With the Belgium third division only one team goes up so we will need to be at our best to do it.  

My aims are to get to the Jupiler Pro League 

Win the Jupiler League

Win the Belgium Cup

Qualify for Europe

Win Europa League

Win Champions League

Improve Belgium Co-Effecients

As you can see it is going to be a long journey if I am ever to get to the top of Europe, in South America we were limited by competition and this will be a longer and windy road.  

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We enter the Cup at the 3rd round and the board expect us to reach the 6th round, first up was away to Blankenberge and we dominated as predicted, Tchite scoring 4 times

8_zpskjccuvax.png

Up next we survived a scare going to 10 men to progress into the next round

9_zps457htgok.png

In the 5th round we got a home tie against Beerschot-Wilrijk who are predicted to finish top of our league this year, figured it would be a good chance to see how we might fare this season and despite coming up short we dominated the game so wasn't all bad.  Fell slightly short of expectations but I am not too worried. Time to start the league

10_zpsb2h01tbr.png

September/October Update

12_zpsfm7gvfrt.png

We either turn up or we don't it seems.  The 3-5-2 is working for the most part and we are not getting exploited to much on the flanks, the most exciting game so far was our 4-3 win over Seraing and despite making our best attempt to throw the game away we held on.  We have been quite potent in attack but that was always going to be our strongest area, Tchite has 11 in all competitions although his strike partner Odimboleko has managed just one but due to a lack of options he has retained his place.  No one has really imposed themselves on the league so far and despite losing 4 times are top, it is very tight so far and it will be interesting to see how this season pans out.

11_zpsncwh4szu.png

November/December Update

15_zpsot5blyv6.png

A bit more of a mixed bag we are conceding way too much and once we had Tchite out injured for the last three games we really struggled, I need to sign him to a new deal but his £1,000 a week deal is just too much.  I think though if I have him and can get a few players in we would be in great shape.  Saying that we are still in the mix at the top of the table and the league is very tight, the promotion spots could go down to the wire I think.

Even though our finances are abysmal and we are getting into a lot of debt the board are happy and I have signed a years extension

13_zpselgtpwyc.png

We now have a winter break for a bit I will see if anyone half decent will join us, there's no option to sign players on loan so it looks like I will be stuck with the same 19 players,

It's total BS what happened to you in the previous save, although at least you got the chance to lift the Club World Cup so that was the main challenge completed.

I will definitely be following this one, RWS Bruxelles sound like an interesting choice of team as an unfancied side in a major capital. I also really enjoyed Belgium when I managed there a few years ago in FM12(?) as a particularly quirky competition format for European standards. I think your tactic is completely insane though. :D I'm a fan of 3-5-2 variations but not with 2 out and out advanced wingers! That's more like a 3-3-4 tbh. Call Co Adriaanse, he's the only guy I've ever seen pull it off in real life (he attempted a ridiculous and weirdly successful 3-3-4 with Porto a few years ago - our backline I think was Pedro Emanuel - Pepe - Bosingwa :lol:).

12 hours ago, noikeee said:

It's total BS what happened to you in the previous save, although at least you got the chance to lift the Club World Cup so that was the main challenge completed.

I will definitely be following this one, RWS Bruxelles sound like an interesting choice of team as an unfancied side in a major capital. I also really enjoyed Belgium when I managed there a few years ago in FM12(?) as a particularly quirky competition format for European standards. I think your tactic is completely insane though. :D I'm a fan of 3-5-2 variations but not with 2 out and out advanced wingers! That's more like a 3-3-4 tbh. Call Co Adriaanse, he's the only guy I've ever seen pull it off in real life (he attempted a ridiculous and weirdly successful 3-3-4 with Porto a few years ago - our backline I think was Pedro Emanuel - Pepe - Bosingwa :lol:).

Yeah its a strange one for sure and once I get to sign a few players it will change we score a lot but we are far too open so we've conceded a lot as well so even though we are towards the top end of the table the goal difference doesn't really reflect that

January/February Update

17_zpsbrafbh0a.png

We have been struggling to see off games lately probably due to our rather adventurous tactic but we are still right in the mix with only a few games left to play, Tchite continues to carry the side and I am currently trying to convince him to stick around for one more year.  Only one team goes up but I am pretty sure its a 4 team play off so as long as we keep our consistency we are in with a shout here but it is very tight still so we can't afford any slip ups!

16_zpsi5tmg2yw.png

End of March Update

19_zpsetcuibgj.png

20_zpsbhi5jpzj.png

So we made the final four and head into the next stage, I can only thank the teams around me who also conspired to not reach the final 4 considering we lost 2 of our last 5 games.  So for the play offs its a 4 team mini league and we retain 50% of our points from the league stage and play each other twice so an already tight league has become even tighter.  Big push needed for the last few games.  We also got our first youth intake and it looks like we have a few prospects which is handy considering our squad size.

18_zpsdbpvlcfu.png

33 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Excellent -- looking forward to seeing how the tactic works!

Its a work in progress, when some players leave end of the season I will see who I can bring in and maybe change things.  When it works it works well but then it just doesn't as we get smashed 6-1. Either way I am pleased with how we have done with what we have

Play Offs

22_zpsfkrwn9nl.png

So the play offs started with the toughest tie away to leaders Virton but we managed to get the three points to my surprise we then conceded late to draw 3-3 with Deinze and then added two more wins.  We just needed to get a result against Virton in the home leg and we would of clinched top spot we conceded late again as they claimed victory in the 90th minute with just an away tie at Seraing left we are just clinching onto top spot, as long as we don't lose we get promotion.  We are 3 for 3 against them this season so we just need to do it one more time and we gain promotion.  Final day season drama, got to say after the boring domestic seasons in Peru I had this has been a lot of fun.

21_zpsgwsy2695.png

13 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

tumblr_nynuaggR5W1u662odo1_500.gif

:lol:

23_zpswvjtf3rw.png

We did it!  Tchite bringing us home as he did all season, to be fair we dominated the match as you can see from the amount of shots we had, so we have our first title.  Delighted with this as I am hoping we can improve our income playing in the 2nd tier to stem our losses.  The board have increased our wage budget seven-fold so I am going to be able to finally add to the squad.  Depending on who is interested on joining us I may well ditch the 3-3-4.   The second division consists of just 8 teams where we play each other four times.  Doesn't seem to be any play offs so it looks like a traditional league.

24_zps2uw3duit.png

The end of season awards saw Tchite easily clean up, he was the star of the show and netted 27 league goals and added 5 more in the cup.  It hasn't gone unnoticed as Cercle Brugge who ran away with the 2nd division title by 15 points are interested in his service, he is valued at about £60,000 so if a bid comes in I can see the board accepting it.  

25_zpsuqncf8zj.png

26_zpsd2ewtxly.png

I also bagged the manager of the year award after our success

27_zpsi4dhow3y.png

Now scouring the free player market as I look to try and strengthen the side. I have a few players who look set to join and they will go straight into the first 11 I will get some screenshots up soon as I get confirmation

Summer 2017 Update

So after releasing some players who I felt wasn't good enough to make the step up I got myself busy adding players to the squad I do now have some options at full back but for now I am going to continue with my current set up, probably a huge mistake if the quality of opposition is a big step up but I feel the players I have signed are of a higher ability so maybe it will balance itself out. Some of the signings are youngsters who are just going to add some depth if we have injuries and will mainly play U'21's but if they do well there I may well give them a shot.  Some of the better signings I have screenshotted

32_zpsjreixedr.png

34_zpshml1vjom.png33_zps5ftslo4c.png35_zpsmq5sdsvp.png

31_zpsh1eupl7u.png

Also we have had a bit of luck with the finances as now are actually getting some TV money, admittedly our wage bill and expenses have gone up but this should hopefully help a bit. Also as you can see from below the board aren't expecting much so there's no pressure.  I reckon we can stay up, although the teams from 5th to 8th compete in a relegation play off so unless you finish in the top half it could still prove to be a tough league to stay in

29_zpsj7qtlqgr.png

30_zpslggbmfli.png

August/September Update 

We enter the cup in the 4th round and after dispatching a few amateur sides and then it was time for our biggest test as we faced Genk in the 6th round and after a stunning display in extra time to confirm our place in the 7th round.  It wasn't a smash or grab either as we matched them all over the pitch.  Decent gate as well although it is mainly away fans probably the first time I have seen the home fans outnumbered by such an amount.  Our reward is another home tie against a top tier side as we take on Mechelen.  Would love a cup run and last season a 2nd division side won the cup so its doable!

37_zpsa2m79p4z.png

39_zpsnkfc3y5r.png

It has certainly been a step up and after some tough adjusting we managed to pull together a few results together. Marzouk has been the man so far with Tchite only just returning from injury.  As you can see from table things are very tight, looks like it could be quite an eventful season.

40_zps0xqphcid.png

After receiving loads of messages in my inbox touting players I added another 5 players. Tom a Bulgarian/Brazilian winger who was playing in the Turkish super league last season, Billy O'Brien a Welsh keeper released from City arrives as back up, Ismaila N'Diaye a holding midfielder was released by Cercle Brugge and has experience at this level, George Green an attacking midfielder last playing for Salford in the Conference North on loan from Burnley (kind of sums up our level) and the one I am most excited about is Turkish/German playmaker Zafar Yelen who looks very technically gifted and joins on a short term deal.

41_zpsex92j9ft.png

Just a little mini update 

42_zpsitwzqq8o.png

Our cup heroics continue as the giant killing continues with Yelen's penalty sealing the deal late on, was a very close game and we just took our chances better, the main result for this little update is because of who we face in the quarters. That is right we take on Anderlecht in what I hope will become the first match in a bitter rivalry! I am sure we are not on their radar yet but they are on mine.  With a few decent draws in the cup at home we have already made 50% more money on the gate this year than last year.  We are still losing money but we aren't losing it as quickly now and we are about £750.000 in debt.  If we get any of the gate at Anderlecht then that would help a lot.  

43_zpskwjvovv3.png

Congratulations on going up. And I wonder if SI in future editions will consider creating an achievement for "Being successful with a crazy tactic". You've earned it. :D

Yelen is an insanely good player for that level! :eek:

19 hours ago, argento said:

[...]   The second division consists of just 8 teams where we play each other four times.  Doesn't seem to be any play offs so it looks like a traditional league.

Ow how wrong you are... IRL, the regular season has just ended and the fun (play-offs, play-downs, champion's finals, ...) will now really start! I won't even start explaining how it all works as a) I don't really understand it myself and b) it would give me finger cramps by the time I am through, but you're in for a treat!

Of course:  There is of course a possibility that the league format was just too complicated for SI to program and they went for a classic format instead. (I don't have fm17 myself to check)

8 hours ago, noikeee said:

Congratulations on going up. And I wonder if SI in future editions will consider creating an achievement for "Being successful with a crazy tactic". You've earned it. :D

Yelen is an insanely good player for that level! :eek:

Cheers, I am actually growing quite fond of this tactic!

7 hours ago, CRM2009 said:

Ow how wrong you are... IRL, the regular season has just ended and the fun (play-offs, play-downs, champion's finals, ...) will now really start! I won't even start explaining how it all works as a) I don't really understand it myself and b) it would give me finger cramps by the time I am through, but you're in for a treat!

Of course:  There is of course a possibility that the league format was just too complicated for SI to program and they went for a classic format instead. (I don't have fm17 myself to check)

I am guessing something must happen as otherwise the league ends in February.  I'll keep you guys posted!

October/November Update 

45_zpsefvujrlh.png

We have started to string some results together and have had a sharp upturn in fortunes after 5 game unbeaten spell where we picked up 13 points.  We have been conceding a lot of goals still but its to be expected with this crazy gung ho formation at least we are chipping in goals from different players now and not just relying on Tchite. As you can see from the table below we are surprisingly up to 2nd but it is extremely tight still, Lierse already have put a decent gap between themselves and the chasing pack.

44_zpsm2zg0dla.png

46_zpsxpi69fn7.png

We matched them for most of the game but the best side won, I am looking forward to playing them more regularly when we eventually make it to the top, we got £14,000 for reaching the quarters and we got some good gate receipts we made £340,000 for the month.  Our finances aren't as bad but it still didn't stop the board from selling Tchite to Sweden behind my back.  £100k for a 33 year old isn't the worst bit of business I guess but he was such a crucial player for us last season I am gutted to lose him

47_zpsciyfqspa.png

With Tchite gone I decided to sign another striker and with limited options for my budget I managed to pick up ex-Mouscron target man Roman Ferber on an 18 month deal, he was playing in the top tier last season so should be more than capable for this level. I also signed another player as my scouts raved about him as English midfielder Tom Adeyemi he has a 4* rating from the coaching and scouting side and will slot perfectly in the middle, spent last season on loan at Rotherham in the Championship from Cardiff

50_zpsunp3dpxm.png 49_zpsh5rvpa7a.png

also managed to bag myself a new deal with a pay-rise

48_zpstram8ipo.png

End of January Update

52_zpsv7yeiehh.png

We struggled in January and had a rough end of the month with three losses back to back still we had 3 wins in the period so wasn't a complete disaster however with just four games to go catching Lierse is virtually impossible now.  Not sure whats going to happen after as February seems too early for the season to end?

51_zpsdjvqlsd1.png

Also on deadline day out board decided to sell Santerman to Dutch side Go Ahead Eagles behind my back with no chance of getting a replacement.

53_zpsxxsgbw2m.png

4780656.jpg

You're building quite a neat squad, I like every signing.

Can't you look at the rules page for the league, and/or the results from last season, to figure out what happens in terms of playoffs or a new mini-league or whatever?

20 hours ago, Keano16 said:

At least there's no dull games, although you've dropped off a bit in form. Gutting with the Santermans deal.

Yeah was gutted to lose a key defender but we have a few options there so just need to bed someone in quickly!

8 hours ago, noikeee said:

4780656.jpg

You're building quite a neat squad, I like every signing.

Can't you look at the rules page for the league, and/or the results from last season, to figure out what happens in terms of playoffs or a new mini-league or whatever?

The rule page would of been a good idea to look at!  Either way I have finished the regular season so I have a little bit more information now.

End of Feb Update

56_zps5rjg6zm9.png

Marzouk ended his barren spell in front of goal to pop up with a huge goal at Lierse!  A great end to season sees us finish 2nd in the league overall!

58_zps23e6npkx.png

So as I waited patiently to see what comes next I received the following email

54_zpsnnrev6qz.png

Because of the away win at Lierse I actually leapfrogged them in the table for this stage.  The league is split into 2 stages and from what I can make out the winners of each stage play each other in a play off.  Losing 5 in 14 doesn't seem like league winning form but it proved to be the case. There was no play off final last year but I think that is because Cercle Brugge won both stages.

57_zpswklisony.png

So after our dramatic win at Lierse we have the chance to pip them to the title as we take on them in a two legged promotion play off. No relegation or other play offs have been announced yet so still not sure if it end in March or not, from looking ta last year there was a bottom 4 relegation play off after the regular season so I guess it is just waiting to be drawn to show up this year

55_zpsvuj2tksd.png

So we got our youth intake and we had one guy who looks like he might be useful, I don;t play with an AMC so I might have him retrain as a AMR I see he can already pay there a bit although I would need to get that crossing up!  Maybe one for the future

60_zpssgansp5o.png

59_zpstdzmd7yw.png

Wow what a game!  Three nil down after half an hour and it was all doom and gloom for our 36 fans who made the journey!  Paul Niankou scores a screamer and we start to believe we get a penalty only for Green to miss the target completely would of been a perfect time to score just before the break. I ask for more everyone is motivated apart from Green who is still feeling very sorry for himself and when Adeyemi scores his first goal for the club the dream is back on we had more chances but couldn't put them away.  If after half hour you would of offered me 3-2 down I would of taken it for sure, we are still in this and the promotion dream is still on.  Annoyingly it was the first time Lierse had beaten us we had beaten them 4 times in the league.  Just need to do the business at home!

61_zpscfnwopfu.png

Unbelievable scenes as not only did we go through we actually kept a clean sheet, the turning point admittedly was the sending off which enabled us to exploit the extra man advantage as we win back to back leagues to reach the top flight, I was not expecting this and didn't plan on getting htere for a few more years yet I am not sure how this squad will cope but its going to be fun!  The board have increased my wage bill to £49,000 which is a 40% increase although as we are nearly £1M in debt so we still have no transfer budget.  

62_zps79kxgdzk.png

So after our win there was another stage for a European play off the teams who finish 7th to 15th in the top league and the other 3 teams from the top 4.  Two groups of six then the top 2 of each play in semi finals and then there's a final where the winner gets a place in the Europa League 3rd qualifying stage if last season is anything to go off!  So finally got the answer to my question, either way my season is over as I start to scour who is going to be available on a free transfer

20 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

Did I understand this correctly? Second tier clubs are playing in Europa League play offs!? :eek:

From what I can make out yes!  I mean the stage is called a European play off and the team that won it last year entered the 3rd stage of qualifying.  I mean the 2nd division side will need to be better than the 9 top division sides so I guess its a tough ask but they could potentially play Europa League football whilst in 2nd division.

In other news our debt has just increased as the board decided on dome home improvements to the stadium, they can't afford a coaching course for me but they will get a loan out for some undersoil heating but it is a mandatory requirement it seems so I will forgive them

63_zpsg66nfwa0.png

After out heroics in earning back to back promotions I was awarded manager of the year, to be fair I deserve it! Maybe next year Mido

64_zpssm1pfist.png

At first congrats with the great promotion to the first tier of Belgium (Jupiler Pro League). You are all right when it comes to the play-offs for European Football. Even second-tier clubs can actually achieve a spot if they win the play-offs. But the play-offs are divided in two different groups. And the winners of both groups does play for the actual ticket.

How on earth did you get promoted? I know this league is quite hard. I have played in this league for 10 years and getting up never was an issue. Congrats!!!

Interesting is how you will stand in the Jupiler Pro League next. As newly promoted side your financial balance will not increase that much...

38 minutes ago, Patje! said:

At first congrats with the great promotion to the first tier of Belgium (Jupiler Pro League). You are all right when it comes to the play-offs for European Football. Even second-tier clubs can actually achieve a spot if they win the play-offs. But the play-offs are divided in two different groups. And the winners of both groups does play for the actual ticket.

How on earth did you get promoted? I know this league is quite hard. I have played in this league for 10 years and getting up never was an issue. Congrats!!!

Interesting is how you will stand in the Jupiler Pro League next. As newly promoted side your financial balance will not increase that much...

Cheers!  I was shocked to go up but no sides seemed to show any consistency so we just lucked out I guess.  I am currently scouring the free player market looking for some diamonds in the rough.  You are not wrong about the finance side of things as we only got fractionally less for being in the 2nd tier last season.  The Jupiler League looks a big step up and this is the first time I have ever seen try and not get outclassed too much, not even battle bravely.  Looks like the board have written off any hopes!  Our finances might be doing better if we sold some more shirts maybe....

65_zpshbelpbmo.png

66_zpsbnkpflby.png

67_zpstdartwwl.png

That is it for tonight, I will be back tomorrow night after some Harry Redknapp esque wheeling and dealing featuring 100% less Kranjcar, would happily take a Defoe though!

Welcome to the top tier which is, or at least used to be one of the most fun leagues in FM - not sure if they've further complicated the playoffs now though, if you say even 2nd tier teams can get into Europe!

5 hours ago, noikeee said:

Welcome to the top tier which is, or at least used to be one of the most fun leagues in FM - not sure if they've further complicated the playoffs now though, if you say even 2nd tier teams can get into Europe!

Yeah definitely looks like it could be fun!

Summer Update

73_zpsgiwx5qok.png

If anything the squad got a little smaller it was hard to attract players that were both willing to come and that was an improvement on what was already at the club.  Of the signings I have got some pictures of the better ones. I am most excited about the defenders Mbabu in particular and also Castelletto

68_zpskenop1r2.png

70_zps6e2b6gyu.png

71_zpspmgclza1.png

72_zpsrpzfemq9.png

And finally, get your bets on boys!

69_zpsnfijamow.png

End Of September Update

74_zpse07trchx.png

As you can see getting promoted to the Jupiler League has seen a surge in season ticket sales!

77_zpsucsgejtc.png

We make the 7th round of the cup as we were expected although we did make it hard for ourselves

76_zpsd8ebcjzq.png

Its been better than I expected, I love that both are wins have been epic 4-3 wins.  Apart from getting hammered by Standard we have been quite competitive.  Looks like there is still some life in the old 3-3-4 yet! So with two wins under our belt things aren't looking too bad so far.

75_zpszyie8bfl.png

With deadline day rapidly approaching I made two final signings both on loan, the Ghanaian lad Adjei I actually tried to sign before but I couldn't afford him and he joined Sevilla and I am delighted to bring him in on loan he will be great alongside Marzouk. Mihoudi is a great prospect from Monaco but he got injured for 3 months 2 days after he signed but as he isn't costing us anything I decided to keep him.

78_zpsfhsglyad.png

79_zpspflml8xi.png

82_zpsmwlegqg7.png

Been a rougher few months in the league we got a surprise win at Lokeren and then we through away a 3-0 lead at STVV but at least hung in for a point, definitely finding things tougher but I expected that and I am enjoying the challenge and as you can see things are tightening up at the bottom end. My only objective is to stay up so we are doing enough for that so far.

81_zpswz4zuhht.png

Thankfully we are performing better in the cup as we make the quarter finals

83_zpseqk5kn3c.png

And finally our finances are getting worse uh oh

80_zpsgjprrwwd.png

End of January Update

89_zpszts5lclg.png

As you can see apart from a good start to December it wasn't a great spell for us which isn't surprising considering whats expected of us but what is a shock is 2 0-0's! The league is tight at both ends and with only 8 games left we are getting to the business end!

87_zpstkhaggxy.png

We are faring better in the cup where we march into the semi finals!

88_zpsb3csrity.png

We also managed to get some of our debt under control but it came at a cost as we lost Marzouk to Guingamp, I am delighted we got him on a new contract so we at least got rid of the £725,000 release fee, he was our best striker who is actually contracted us (we lose Adjei back to Sevilla at the end of the season). Its a decent fee but we are still over £800,000 in debt.  With our financial difficulties it has meant we have been unable to improve any facilities so my youth facilities suck.  I was able to get an increase in my wage budget so I got 2 new signings on a free.  Carlos de Pena a Uruguayan left winger who is a cut above what we have at the club and we also got a new keeper with Laurent Henkinet who looks handy and again better than what we already had.  A lot of players have their contracts expire in the summer and I probably wont renew many of their contracts as they aren't good enough.

86_zpskfme8svg.png

90_zpschawjgns.png

91_zpswojx0msm.png

March Update

98_zpsnyncgp28.png

97_zpslivemxve.png

We had a great patch of form just when we needed it, huge result over Anderlecht lets hope it is the first of many! In the end we easily avoided relegation and I am looking forward to rebuilding but before we get there its time for phase 2 of the league!  The cup dream ended when Gent hammered us 6-1 on aggregate over 2 legs.  Mechelen have been relegated and so the teams 7-15 plus 3 teams from the 2nd division are in two groups of six where the top team in each group qualifies for a semi final, not sure which 2 other teams will enter the semi final until we get there.  I am still trying to make sense of it all.  At the top end the top 6 keep half their points and play each other twice more to duke it out for the title.  Lets see what happens

100_zpszpthtbxs.png

94_zpsrjhhfxxw.png

He finally scores! He hasn't performed that well and has scored just 3 times he will need to up his game for next season, either way I need reinforements up top.

In other news we have a new board, they have wiped some more of our debt but only via another loan so not sure if its really that helpful. Also I have been attracting interest abroad now as Blackburn looked at me. They are now in league one and I went for the interview looking for a new contract from the board, I didn't get a new deal and McLaren got the Rovers job but they are still a big club so my reputation must be getting a bit better at least.

92_zpscof4v1gr.png

96_zpsqocd78jg.png

End Of Season Update

103_zps61de33xc.png

As you can see a mixed bag in the end of season play offs, we threatened at times but in the end we ran out of steam, the highlight was the 7-0 demolition of Rorelare.  Francis Adjei ended up runner up for the golden boot with 18 league goals and with 22 in all competitions, he will be missed.

102_zpsgegde1kb.png

so Lokeren and AA Gent played the semi final which Gent won however it ended abruptly there with no final this year, the only reason I can think is because Gent also won the Croky Cup and I think they got a European spot for that so they just said leave it at that? Really still kind of unsure how this all works still! Anderlecht survived a wobble in the play off round to just clinch the title.  As you can see from below the financial disparity between our city rivals is one thing holding us back not just against them but the league in general. It might also help if we the fans actually bought a shirt!

109_zpsvdxvpcbm.png

106_zpscuivyaa6.png

We had some good news as we finally climbed out of the red thanks to some league money, we still have some loans but things are on the up at least I hope.  The tax bill isn't ideal but if we can start making this money regularly I might be able to actually improve some facilities soon!

104_zpsjv4grmeo.png

105_zpspsdn1yd1.png

Pre-Season

So I am in the thick of the transfer window and have been doing plenty of wheeling and dealing.  Castelletto who is easily one of our best players departed, I was hoping to get his minimum release fee but I couldn't turn down that kind of money for a right back who I use as a make shift centre back.  I already have signed some replacements and more importantly we have begun to lay some foundations for our youth team finally and after 3 years I can do a coaching course.

111_zpssufvfvxd.png

112_zpsujudv8vt.png

In perhaps the biggest news is this guy is staying!  Yep Sevilla agreed to loan him to us again for the season, he proved he was worth the £14,000 a month plus wages, surprised he agreed to come back he probably isn't good enough to start for Sevilla but he could definitely be trotting out for bigger clubs than us.

107_zps3i5jmy0m.png

In other news the league is going backwards as we lose our automatic group spot, my boys are a few years off from challenging the top boys and the board don't have high expectations which helps us.  Next up screen shots of my signings!

108_zpsafxrdwk0.png

110_zpsra1zwmzj.png

Transfer Window

121_zpsncmylerl.png

We have been very active and as well as keeping Adjei for another year Monaco also let us have Mihoubi for another season.  Managed to clear £10,000 off the wage bill by releasing players and George Green went back to the UK as we got £200,000 for him off Cardiff. Jonathan Mensah is a big coup at centre half he has plenty of experience and a guaranteed starter.  We have some very talented youngsters on loan as we also got Correa from Nacional, Faes from soon to be rivals Anderlecht and Eyenga-Lokilo a Belgium youngster at Palace.  Here is a screen shot of the newbies.  I am very happy with the squad now and have good depth for my 3-3-4!  

120_zpseg1thobc.png

119_zpsdcbe1jcd.png

118_zpsuwyix2t0.png

117_zpsad3qzjyh.png

114_zps8ticyjvk.png

116_zpsrgukces5.png

113_zpstvciymcf.png

115_zpsbm4d4oxn.png

I got a bit too carried away on deadline day as I added four players and 2 of them are going to be a big part of the team.  Leroy Fer is a name familiar to many and has years of Premier League experience and will compete with Adeyemi in midfield, Itto Bul the young Australian/South Sudanese striker looks a class act, he was linked to Cercle Brugge but tbefore they could offer him a contract I hijacked the deal he has already scored 3 times for Australia in 8 caps and I think he has a very bright future.  Nick Powell at this level will provide decent back up and de Sart was signed so I have enough Belgium players for squad registration and he should be able to hold his own when called upon.  Definitely think this is a stronger squad then last year so I will be hoping for at least 10th again or better.  Still think we are a little off from the top 6 Championship group.

122_zpsegn2rckw.png

124_zpszvxbqoey.png

123_zps25a5tokn.png

125_zps43ywtvkv.png

September Update

127_zpsogek4sdb.png

I accidentally missed off the first game a 4-0 loss at home to Cercle Brugge.  After the first day drubbing we backed it up with two big wins and started to look the part. Was disappointed to lose away to recently promoted Lierse and we are currently on a 6 game run without a win, we only sneaked past Westerlo on penalties in the cup. Itto Bul got himself off the mark in the last game so I am hoping the youngster might kick start his form now.  The league table has us exactly where we finished last year but I am not too worried I am bedding quite a few new players who have to get used to my ultra attacking formation and more importantly is that a positive goal difference!!!  Unbelievable scenes

126_zpstzwo0pfs.png

December Update

131_zpsedkc7tqe.png

We have had a sharp upturn in fortunes thanks to our strike force, Adjei is being well supported by Itto Bul who has adapted well.  Highlights have been beating Standard at their place in a huge upset and then dismantling Eupen 6-1.  We were unlucky against Lierse we got it back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down but we had a man sent off and they scored late to pick up the points.  The table doesn't look too great considering the results but I am happy with our form and if we win our game in hand and qith our goal difference things will be looking better.  In the above a few of those are cup games with wins at Gent and Lokeren. Big draw for the semi final as well!

130_zpsy6i23hwp.png

129_zpsyxpr5bg4.png

In other news Adjei has won the Golden boot!  He has been in sensational form this season, Bul also finished 3rd in Asian player of the year.

132_zpsggsjttrx.png

After some league one job interview offers last summer I got this offer from QPR, they are sitting 7th in the Championship with the board wanting a mid table finish but I have unfinished business here so turned it down, it's a good sign that my reputation is improving and maybe soon some Premier League teams might show a bit of interest

128_zps63havusd.png

133_zpsbbyzqf3y.png

I have been after a parent team a while if only just to boost the finances a bit. I was given a choice between Sevilla or Braga and it was a no brainer there is a conveyor belt of talent being produced there and once we get a bit bigger we might be able to afford some of their other cast offs.  Excited about this, the money now at this point doesn't add a lot to the pot considering our budgets but at least the board finally came through for me

134_zpsrirovp5u.png

Just when I thought I got through the transfer window unscathed,  We are losing cash every month so we are going to have to sell players to survive.  The only positive is he was our highest earner on over £7,000 a week so at least the wage bill is looking better.  Standard are having a horrible season and currently sit below us and he has joined them for the same money but they are a bigger club so I guess it just makes sense.  Would of preferred all the money upfront though considering our financial predicament

End of February Update

137_zpsrs1wurlc.png

We've been on a good run picking up a fair amount of points as we push away from the relegation zone and safely into mid table obscurity.  Carlos de Pena has been Mr consistent popping up whenever I needed him too.  Delighted to beat Standard 3-2 just a few days after he moved with Francis Adjei grabbing a late winner.  We still have a outside chance of the top 6 as the teams around us are quite tightly bunched.  We have already got more points this season than last year with four games to go so at least that is a sign we are still moving in the right direction.

136_zpsjzgnwxbq.png

I had big dreams of getting past Brussels rivals Anderlecht and making the final of the Croky Cup for the first time but after we lost in the first leg 2-1 at home I realised it was just a pipe dream but then we only went and won the reverse 2-1, extra time was nervy and neither side could get the winner and so we went to penalties!  As you can see from below some of the boys are going to need some extra training. 

135_zpsrygrec1e.png

139_zpsykdkavrk.png

Unbelievable scenes as we managed wins against Anderlecht and Oostende who were sitting 1st and 2nd and agent Owusu on loan to Eupen from us scored a convenient late own goal for us to get us a point.  So this means there is one game to go and it is all to play for with just four points separating 4th down to 11th.  We have a great shot of making the Championship group here as we take on already relegated Mouscron at home.  I have listed the fixtures below.  We are going to need some luck on our side but we deserve it!

138_zpsdnm3n44w.png

140_zpsffoqmree.png

143_zpsbumzemm1.png

So we got the win we needed even though we made it harder for ourselves.  But would it be enough? Yes against all the odds we stole 6th place thanks to a lot of draws, we now enter the Championship group for the first time and get to keep half of our points. 

141_zpsi3vqkpcv.png

142_zpszse9oouq.png

25 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

Wow, amazing progress. Shame about finances. #AgentOwusu

Yeah the finances need to improve for sure, its a long road ahead!

The play off group was tough as to be expected as we were in good company we did however finish 5th.

145_zpsm8tgknvd.png

So what does 5th place get us? One more match! Probably the toughest draw we could of had.  So from this here is what I make out of all this. 1st and 2nd qualify for Champions League and 3rd and 4th for Europa League (depending on winner of Croky Cup) then 4th/5th (depending no cup winner) takes the winner of the Europa League play off semi final winner for the final European berth.  Complicated much?

147_zpsyvdntjeu.png

In other news a new deal for my success and a new record broken by the team!

146_zpsb1b81axx.png

144_zpsexrvbkzt.png

148_zpsjb2x9pph.png

That's right there's another team from Brussels in Europe next season!  Have that Mensah you mercenary you left for a bigger club and how did that work out for you?  Itto Bul is already a legend in my mind and it was a clean sweep for him at the awards as he won player of year and young player of the year.

151_zpsp116iqt6.jpg

150_zpsoygi4qhx.jpg

Also our finances have been boosted by our 5th place finish which means upgraded youth and training facilities

149_zpswizjdwat.png

152_zpsdrntxmyc.jpg

Big news on the finances here as we get a huge sponsorship deal, I know it is over 5 years but compared to what we were earning before it will certainly help out especially as I will be adding to the wage bill in the summer as we look set for a European adventure. Still we need to do something on the shirt sales front only 430 come on i've had better sales than that in the English non-league.  In other news Francis Adjei our Ghanaian loanee is set for a 3rd consecutive stint with us, our parent team Sevilla is letting us keep him again.  He has already bagged 45 goals in his 2 seasons with us in all competitions and at this rate he might end up never playing for them, would love to get him permanently so I will be keeping my eye on him.  Time to get scouting

153_zpsiuu0k4op.jpg

Archived