17.3 changes to editors

Roy Race 9

The patch is out there is very little info as usual on the changes to both of the editors

A bit like what was posted when FM17 was released ..

why dont the editors get a full change list as per the game update ???

the product should say what has been addressed 

So if there is an update on this or anyone knows what exactly has been done  can they post full details here please 

Cheers 

For those that missed it this is the feedback from SI on the 17.3 patch for the editor

PRE GAME EDITOR
- Fixed individual crashes for various user submitted files
- Fixed errors on several user submitted files
- Further improvements to validation process

So you know exactly what has been fixed??

Don't  you find various issues a tad vague?? Why not list  them

Or say what has't been fixed 

I have tried testing 4 bugs I reported 3 still exist 

There were hundreds of  bugs reported are you saying they are all fixed as from my own experiences they are not.

So if you know what has/hasn't been addressed  please share with us. Your work Mons is top notch and you give clear and precise feedback, advice/help to users of your project if SI were to provide that standard there would be no issue.

Cheers 

17 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

So you know exactly what has been fixed??

Don't  you find various issues a tad vague?? Why not list  them

Or say what has't been fixed 

I have tried testing 4 bugs I reported 3 still exist 

There were hundreds of  bugs reported are you saying they are all fixed as from my own experiences they are not.

So if you know what has/hasn't been addressed  please share with us. Your work Mons is top notch and you give clear and precise feedback, advice/help to users of your project if SI were to provide that standard there would be no issue.

Cheers 

Mate, I know exactly as much as you do re what has been fixed, i.e. those 3 issues posted. Are they vague? Yes. Do I expect to be told, in the most minute detail, whose files are affected and what, invariably minor, issue has been solved? Certainly not.

I said nothing about the "hundreds of bugs reported", so please don't make any assumptions of that sort on my behalf. To be precise, there are, to date, 193 posts in the [url=https://community.sigames.com/forum/532-pre-game-and-in-game-editor/]pre-game and in-game editor bugs forum[/url], so I think you may be exaggerating just a tad when you say "hundreds of bugs", especially considering the likelihood that at least some of those are reports of the same issues. Having had a quick look through that forum, I can only see that you started 3 threads in there, one of which after you posted the above. Of the remaining 2, [url=https://community.sigames.com/topic/389178-continental-fixture-rulessquad-rules/]1 appears to have been resolved[/url], and [url=https://community.sigames.com/topic/390437-free-player-transfer-using-in-game-editor-bug/]another which is still tagged as SI need info[/url], so presumably unresolved. Not sure why you felt the need to embellish your experience tbh...

The reason that I give clear feedback is that I am best placed to do so, since my files are usually self-contained and fairly basic. With something as complex as the whole FM game, much as I imagine that SI want to help out everyone and go into the nitty-gritty like I do, it's simply just not time-effective. Not everybody is as capable and willing as you in explaining their bug, and some people need to be spoon-fed what to do and how to do it. To over-extend an analogy, some people can cook, some people need to be told what to cook, some people need to be fed and some people need to have the spoon inserted into their mouth, and occasionally elsewhere ;)

Kidding apart, my FM17 pre-game editor experience has been remarkable bug-free, and I'm not aware of any major issues with the editor, although I'll admit I haven't been overly involved in the editing scene this year. What I mean is that there hasn't been a particularly evident or game-breaking bug which hasn't been addressed, so I can't really find anything amiss with releasing such a small update for what is an overwhelmingly stable editor. But, of course, I stand to be corrected...

Hi @Mons Editor is a quite of tool..I use it more than game itself actually... When talking about 'bugs', I think editor as software is not bugged at all, however sometimes it seems game does not recognize changes made in editor... and that's issue of game not editor's fault.. Maybe this is what you are thinking @kingrobbo

4 examples... 1st : I edit some lower league competition to have 2 groups and nation rules are valid.. However in game when i try to select that specific league - guess what -  I cant select it (it's greyed, disabled) WTF and I dont know why??

2nd: I create continental competition that includes reserve/u19 teams of nation top division teams from Ex-Yugoslavia...In editor everything is fine, in game - competition includes random teams from South America and Europe. Once again, what's wrong?

3rd: When you are creating or adding leagues via nation rules there's option (something like this) "B teams can't be promoted in same division if is there main team." If you tick small box next to that sentence you actually remove option for B teams to get promoted. However if you leave it un-ticked my guess that B team can be in same division with main team if it wins promotion ofc. However in game that never happens...

4th: I've added tons of RL players in my Croatian database and only for dozens I've edited playing history...However in game, sometimes, career stats are not available... You'are right - game itself is problem...

4 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

@kingrobbo

4 examples... 1st : I edit some lower league competition to have 2 groups and nation rules are valid.. However in game when i try to select that specific league - guess what -  I cant select it (it's greyed, disabled) WTF and I dont know why??

That usually happens when you set the groups and add teams to it. If you just set the amount of groups and set the teams to the competition you can select all clubs at the start.

51 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

Hi @Mons Editor is a quite of tool..I use it more than game itself actually... When talking about 'bugs', I think editor as software is not bugged at all, however sometimes it seems game does not recognize changes made in editor... and that's issue of game not editor's fault.. Maybe this is what you are thinking @kingrobbo

2nd: I create continental competition that includes reserve/u19 teams of nation top division teams from Ex-Yugoslavia...In editor everything is fine, in game - competition includes random teams from South America and Europe. Once again, what's wrong?

For these 2 points, I would suggest that you upload your files to SI so that they can have a look at them and optimise them, moving forward :yes: As the update notes confirm, it "fixed errors on several user submitted files" and they could possibly fix yours' too - although it'll probably be in FM18 now, I guess.

And I too use the editor much more than the game itself, it's only round this time of the year that I feel satisfied enough to start a new game :)

There is a thread here re veryfing advanced rules  still not fixed

Also issues with ige not fixed

Other issues i reported may be fixed 

Wont know until i get into a save

and if the last one is unresolved will be pointless using editor as if the feedback is correct heavily edited DB can cause issues then there is no point. Some files have a 100k plus changes in them, and there is no point using an IGE if it makes things happen as below.

Users might not be aware as how often do you go and check on an AI game and see if they are picking a full strength squad?? I only did it by chance hopefully it was/is an isolated thing if not will have massive implications for us editors as per the feedback in the below link

Archived