Franky's DESTROYER Tactic for FM 17 (17.2) Super High Scoring!!!

1 minute ago, Franky. said:

Yeah, it's proving to be a similar story in my Wycombe save. Averaging 3.5 goals per game in the league. Even my Man United team couldn't get anywhere near that and that's with Martial and Zlatan season 1 and Dybala and Icardi season 2 as the first choice strikers. A question for you as I'm playing FM Touch and still running patch17.2.......... are you on the new 17.3 patch and have you noticed any changes in the match engine?

Franky, there were no AI changes with patch 17.3

1 hour ago, mantorras77 said:

Franky, there were no AI changes with patch 17.3

Yeah, that's the official story but I've read anecdotal evidence that some tactics are not as effective as they were before the patch, hence my question.

8 minutes ago, Franky. said:

Yeah, that's the official story but I've read anecdotal evidence that some tactics are not as effective as they were before the patch, hence my question.

I hear you but the official story is all we have to go by lol

Noticed no difference Franky, had two matches against CL opposition against Olympic Lyon and Chelsea, have OL a good run for their money away and lost 1 nil and lost 4 nil at home to Chelsea even though we played well. Much like the Italians in the rugby last week, if i had better players it wouldn't have been such a landslide. 

10 hours ago, bean824 said:

This tactic was amazing before the new update and now... not so much. My team are so much worse. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Is there an update to it coming?

Yes, I agree. This tactic, as well as others are not the same after the update and I don't care what anyone says about the match engine being the same...... hopefully there will be an update to bring it back up to speed, although can't say for sure when.

Yup, this tactics performance has drastically dropped. The weird part is that it only has changed in two different part.cfirst, the strikers now seem to have lost all shred of consistency. They can't finish a chance to save their lives. Not even talking about 50/50 chances, but clear-cut tap ins seem impossible for them now. The other is that there seems to be an increased chance ps for players to commit fouls that result in straight up red cards and fouls in the box, resulting in penalties, even on the edge of the box. The tactic took a massive hit with the update. I hope you update it, was getting great results with Chelsea. The one thing that works the same is the midfield, the B2B have bailed me out at time were my strikers have been consistently ****.

My Poole Town side saw a run of mediocre results since the update. 2-0 up at 4th placed Ebbsfleet, we got pegged back to 2-2 within 10 first half minutes. Long balls saw there fast strikers race through and easily beat my keeper.

At half time, I made both CDs mark tighter, I also made them mark specific strikers. They had barely a chance after this and we won 3-2. I'll be monitoring this development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 20:15, sparkysrovers said:

Franky - I see you have made some changes to Hustler 1.2c - can the same changes be made with the destroyer tactic or would it not work?

I have been using Hustler (2seasons) and Destroyer on my Grimsby save, 4 years to get to the Premier League so can't fault the tactics. However this season has obviously been harder in the Premier League, I have found that using the changes from Hustler on Destroyer and changing mentality to Standard keeping the passing as much lower has really helped sure things up for me. Hope this helps someone.

On 3/21/2017 at 20:15, sparkysrovers said:

Franky - I see you have made some changes to Hustler 1.2c - can the same changes be made with the destroyer tactic or would it not work?

Sorry, I missed this post. As Jimtom has said above, there's absolutely no reason why the suggested changes won't work. He's also made a suggestion regarding underdog teams that he's found to be effective so perhaps worth trying that or maybe my suggestion in the HUSTLER thread where if the opposition are pre-match favourites (home and away), you switch mentality to control and move the tempo from much lower to lower..... I restarted my Wycombe save from 1st season in the Premier League and doing this is working really well for me. End of February now and sitting comfortably in 9th, despite a media prediction of 20th.

Also will add that after 20 games first season in Premier League am sitting 6th. New stadium on the way (bit pi**ed that they naming it the McDermott Stadium!!). Not sure how Franky did it but this is the longest game I've played since FM08, tactic is great, have tweaked and changed from time to time when things hit the skids but this is the nature of the game.

Man I can not stress how good this has been since adding the Hustler tweaks and my Normal mentality tweak, 15 league games unbeaten having won 9 in a row now, only disappointment was my second string crashing out the cup to Preston.

Tweaks from after the Chelsea defeat......

results.png

table.png

Archived