Add teams from group stage to knock-out round for a different competition

saintree

Hey guys,

I am wondering how I could add teams from group stage to the knock-out rounds of an inferior competition. What I want to do is, all 3rd-place teams (and them only) from the group stage of the competition (lvl 0) qualify for Eighth Final of an inferior competition (lvl 1). A real-life example would be UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League, where all eight 3rd place teams from ECL Group stage qualify for Europa League Round of 32. Anyone has any idea how to achieve this, or has a file for me to look at?

Attached is my New European Leagues plan that consists of three levels. Arrows means losers from a stage of a superior league sink to an inferior league and start the corresponding round with the number of teams the arrows point at. You can see it is really chaotic at group stages (3rd of lvl 0 goes to lvl 1 Eighth Final, 4th of lvl 0 and 3th of lvl 1 go to lvl 2 Eighth Final) and it is a pain to set up---I end up with 1st teams of the corresponding team playing at or even 3 different competitions. Hope you guys can give me some suggestions...

Thanks! :) 

1089808090.jpg

In the Champions League rules, qualifying 3rd placed teams for the Europa League works by doing the following in the League Fate Actions for your higher ranked competition group stage:

Set Continental Cup, UEFA Europa League, 2, 2, 6 (The numbers corresponding with Top Position / Bottom Position / Continental Cup Seeding)
Set Continental Cup, , 3, 3 (The numbers corresponding with Top Position / Bottom Position)

For the Europa League equivalent I have the following in the Teams section of the required stage to grab the 3rd placed teams:

Get League Stage Teams, UEFA Champions League, 8, 3, 2, 2 (The numbers corresponding with Max No. Of Teams / Stage / Top Position / Bottom Position)

I copied that over to mine and it works. I'm not exactly sure why all of the numbers are what they are. Some of them I understand, but that's the requirement anyway. I had this same problem for years lol.

@kingrobbo any idea in regards to the numbers? The 6 in particular threw me off considering setting the seeding at 6 on paper would be inaccurate (I have 4 stages before I grab UCL teams for example).

15 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

In the Champions League rules, qualifying 3rd placed teams for the Europa League works by doing the following in the League Fate Actions for your higher ranked competition group stage:

Set Continental Cup, UEFA Europa League, 2, 2, 6 (The numbers corresponding with Top Position / Bottom Position / Continental Cup Seeding)
Set Continental Cup, , 3, 3 (The numbers corresponding with Top Position / Bottom Position)

For the Europa League equivalent I have the following in the Teams section of the required stage to grab the 3rd placed teams:

Get League Stage Teams, UEFA Champions League, 8, 3, 2, 2 (The numbers corresponding with Max No. Of Teams / Stage / Top Position / Bottom Position)

I copied that over to mine and it works. I'm not exactly sure why all of the numbers are what they are. Some of them I understand, but that's the requirement anyway. I had this same problem for years lol.

@kingrobbo any idea in regards to the numbers? The 6 in particular threw me off considering setting the seeding at 6 on paper would be inaccurate (I have 4 stages before I grab UCL teams for example).

Is there a sample file that I could refer to? That would help a great deal.

6 hours ago, saintree said:

Is there a sample file that I could refer to? That would help a great deal.

Added mine. Like I said, I copied it straight over from the real rules so  it may not make much sense on paper since my comps are laid out differently.

Hope this helps.

Carlito85-EuropaLeague_&_SuperCup-Bugs_73EA6424-B873-4976-9BB0-2DF94F1EACE7.fmf

this is what you need to do the example I have is teams dropping from the Champions league into Europa after group stage is played

first pic is what is needed in europa

other 2 screenshots are the set up required in champions league

7d3be23b6d313e59dae7e055c996a308.png

512907d5a2ef4179cba5f2b8022eb817.png

15ec160681802b47fde476355330767d.png

it can get complicated if you are not familiar with the advanced rules

good news is since last patch we are able to get to get fixture rules to work now in game and ffp rules in continental rules after they were bugged for several years

up to my neck with requests etc guys here and on other sites so please dont get offended if I dont get back to you got a lot on at the mo:brock:

and please be aware I dont do my own editing until last patch it out as there is no point due to possible conflict issues as happened in previous years:(

16 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

this is what you need to do the example I have is teams dropping from the Champions league into Europa after group stage is played

first pic is what is needed in europa

other 2 screenshots are the set up required in champions league

7d3be23b6d313e59dae7e055c996a308.png

512907d5a2ef4179cba5f2b8022eb817.png

15ec160681802b47fde476355330767d.png

it can get complicated if you are not familiar with the advanced rules

good news is since last patch we are able to get to get fixture rules to work now in game and ffp rules in continental rules after they were bugged for several years

up to my neck with requests etc guys here and on other sites so please dont get offended if I dont get back to you got a lot on at the mo:brock:

and please be aware I dont do my own editing until last patch it out as there is no point due to possible conflict issues as happened in previous years:(

Any idea why the continental cup seed is set to 6? Never understood that part.

23 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

here is rules I am testing in game 

3724e46bbb2488b2687f92fd5217f8da.jpg

334b7a0c0fb6af65dd180caeb4414fce.jpg

here is knockout round for 2017 with teams dropping down from UCL

d6f382aea1dcd927469f8d7723372b3f.jpg

ignore the above editing fixture rules in continental comps is still bugged the rules appear in game as set up  as per above screenshots

be79eb7e0c24a9af6d0b24c6cc1fabc2.png

b76885db73d518fabf6efb81428ad8e4.png

but as a manager you get those 2 registration requests 1 with my rules other with old rules too

been playing as a europa league team encountered this issue in season 2

so bottom line its still bugged to hell

no point in editing these rules, it results in teams such as barca not picking any/ most first team players in squad

to teams only submitting min number squads, been working ages on this time to give up again

Archived