Work Permits

Playing FM16, start of 5th season trying to sign Iheanacho from Man City, he is out of contract and agreed terms.

He has been at Man City 6 seasons, never played for Nigeria apart from 8 u20 caps

It takes 1825 days to get a UK passport, he has completed 1641 and has a status(whatever that means) of 184

His work permit application has been rejected on appeal, I can sign him and wait but will the days continue to count down? roughly 6 months?

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a question regarding work permits too.

I play as Spurs. Can anyone explain why one player gets a work permit and the other doesn't?

Both Brazilian with no other nationality. No caps or youth caps. I paid 6m each and offered identical contracts of 15k a week as hot prospects. Scout mentions that Evander would not get a permit, nothing is mentioned about a permit for Diego.

diego.jpg~original

evander.jpg~original

Diego is granted a work permit on first application with no need to appeal.

Evander's application is turned down. I appeal and that fails too.

I fully expected them both to fail, no problem there. I just don't understand why Diego got one. What am I missing here?

41 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I fully expected them both to fail, no problem there. I just don't understand why Diego got one. What am I missing here?

I would stick it in the bugs forum for SI to look at as I don't think its working quite right but there are some slight differences as well.

Diego is in the main squad of Botafago who play in the top division of Brazilian football.  As a result he will gain points towards a WP for playing A) for a club in the top flight & B) Actually playing enough top division games.

Evander plays for Vasco who aren't in the top division & he is in the U20s therefore not playing 1st team matches.

IMO Evander has no chance of getting a WP while Diego should gain some WP points but I don't think he gets enough to qualify either but then perhaps with no transfer record history in FM he might get extra points for transfer fee/wages which would tip him over in FM.

6 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

I would stick it in the bugs forum for SI to look at as I don't think its working quite right but there are some slight differences as well.

Diego is in the main squad of Botafago who play in the top division of Brazilian football.  As a result he will gain points towards a WP for playing A) for a club in the top flight & B) Actually playing enough top division games.

Evander plays for Vasco who aren't in the top division & he is in the U20s therefore not playing 1st team matches.

IMO Evander has no chance of getting a WP while Diego should gain some WP points but I don't think he gets enough to qualify either but then perhaps with no transfer record history in FM he might get extra points for transfer fee/wages which would tip him over in FM.

Ok thanks, I've raised it.

I'd just once again like to point out the need to be able to offer players on loan to specific countries. I had an Argentinian prospect who came to England in January. I found him a loan at a Spanish club for the rest of the year, great. But then when I offered him on loan again in the summer and he only had 60 days to return to Spain to continue his citizenship progress, I didn't make the cutoff. So that's 180 days towards his EU passport wasted, all because I can't offer him out to Spanish clubs.

On 09 February 2017 at 23:03, Shakey said:

Playing FM16, start of 5th season trying to sign Iheanacho from Man City, he is out of contract and agreed terms.

He has been at Man City 6 seasons, never played for Nigeria apart from 8 u20 caps

It takes 1825 days to get a UK passport, he has completed 1641 and has a status(whatever that means) of 184

His work permit application has been rejected on appeal, I can sign him and wait but will the days continue to count down? roughly 6 months?

I went ahead and signed Iheanacho without a work permit, i have had him at the club for 1 month and he still has a status of 184, this isn't coming down. Any idaeas?

Archived