Ipad advice please

Hi, I currently have an iPad that is way too old to be compatible with fm touch so I'm looking at upgrading. I've seen rumours that there should be a new ipad out this March so I was planning on waiting now for the new one to come out so I don't invest in technology that is instantly out of date and I can then play fm touch on this. I have though seen previous threads which have confirmed that no new tablets would be added to the compatibility list so any new tablets although they may have the correct spec wouldn't technically be compatible. 

So, my question is would you advise getting a tablet now and being able to play this years fm and if so how many versions can I expect it to last for in the future?

Or, wait and get a new version when released and accept I can't play fm until the new release?

sorry for the long winded post!

About the first question, 

I play in a Ipad Mini 3, and the game runs with no problems.

I played FMT15, FMT16 and now FMT17 all in the same Ipad and all run the same way, with the same quality. If this means that it will run also FMT18 or even FMT19, i don't know. Perhaps the guys from SI can give some input here.

About the second question, only you can answer it. All i can say to help, or not, your decision is that FMT17 is a great game.

Thanks for the help. That's good that your iPad has lasted 3 versions. My main worry is that purchasing an iPad now would mean that I might only get 2 versions of fm touch out of it rather than waiting and being able to get more.

I appreciate there's not really a right answer so the advice is appreciated. 

Has anyone played touch on a newer tablet that isn't on the compatability list but has good enough specs successfully without issues?

If it helps, the limitation restricting support for newer tablets only applies to Android.

There is no mechanism on the Apple App Store to limit an app to specific iPads. The only limitation is on the supported versions of iOS. Therefore if Apple release a new iPad it should be fine to use for FM touch.

• 2 months later...

Archived