Citizenship Via Marriage

Weston

We've seen it happen before (Amauri comes to mind) where a player gains a nationality via marriage, so why not add the feature? Would add to the randomization of realism, and it's more than feasible that the 20 year old Argentinian you just signed would marry a local Italian girl before the 10 years of residency required for naturalization passes. This is especially important as the non-EU regulations in the game now more faithfully mirror those in real life as they become increasingly strict.

17 hours ago, OhHoopedOne said:

What sort of ceremony would they have? Would you have to take into account a players religious beliefs? If so, how would SI verify what those are?

I think some simple inbox messages stating something along the lines of "Player X has begun the process of acquiring X nationality through marriage. The final decision will be made by X date," and/or "Player X has now acquired X nationality through marriage. He will no longer count towards the non-EU quota and is now eligible to represent nation X as a player," for example, would do the trick.

Just now, Weston said:

I think some simple inbox messages stating something along the lines of "Player X has begun the process of acquiring X nationality through marriage. The final decision will be made by X date," and/or "Player X has now acquired X nationality through marriage. He will no longer count towards the non-EU quota and is now eligible to represent nation X as a player," for example, would do the trick.

Because you do have to think about these sort of details, you know. We canny just add things willy nilly, ye hae t' hink hings through min

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2017 at 17:36, Weston said:

I personally think this would be an interesting addition to the game. I am rather intrigued by this, don't know how hard it would be to implement though because they should then have on their profile or information screen information about the nationality of their spouse. This could be hard to verify or access the information as some of the players in real life could complain about privacy. I doubt it will become apart of the game, but I would enjoy the added element of realism. 

7 hours ago, RailhawkFM said:

I personally think this would be an interesting addition to the game. I am rather intrigued by this, don't know how hard it would be to implement though because they should then have on their profile or information screen information about the nationality of their spouse. This could be hard to verify or access the information as some of the players in real life could complain about privacy. I doubt it will become apart of the game, but I would enjoy the added element of realism. 

What if the Home Office got involved and it was proven one of your players was in a sham marriage. Would it involve a jail sentence or would the player just get a fine? With a court case pending, would he be eligible for selection?

11 hours ago, OhHoopedOne said:

What if the Home Office got involved and it was proven one of your players was in a sham marriage. Would it involve a jail sentence or would the player just get a fine? With a court case pending, would he be eligible for selection?

I get it, and I acknowledge that there is some characteristics of this idea that make it unlikely to be implemented. But there is no need to ask for such minute details. We are fully aware that this is a Football Management game and not a life management game. As the original author of this thread said, there have been instances where marriage has affected a player's nationality. This remains an intriguing concept, that probably won't get into the game.    

2 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

I doubt regens would complain about getting married. While we're at it, let their spouses possibly be controversial ones, wanting to move to nicer city, or something. Imagine you're manager of Real Madrid and your goalkeeper marries FC Barcelona's striker.

It fits perfectly in line with reality and I think it'd be a great addition. 

10 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

I doubt regens would complain about getting married. While we're at it, let their spouses possibly be controversial ones, wanting to move to nicer city, or something. Imagine you're manager of Real Madrid and your goalkeeper marries FC Barcelona's striker.

A 93rd minute penalty in the el classico, on the last day of the season. If his husband scores Barca win the title but if hubbie misses, it gives Madrid the point they need. The tension would be unbearable not just for the fans but the players themselves especially as it would most likely result in divorce and a match fixing probe

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good suggestion. If it happens irl it can be implemented in game.
Although i don't know what problems it might cause with real-life players. It could be done with regens only. Selected randomly. And some hidden attributes could be taken into account, like:
-Professionalism (meaning the player is more mature than the rest, wants to get married),
-Adaptability (likes his new country and doesn't have a problem to settle in),
-Determination (isn't afraid of commitment, the difficulties of a marriage).

Although, you could exploit that with tutoring.

Now, we could all make fun of things like:
-Temperament+Aggression (problems at home)
-Loyalty (divorce)
-Finishing (x player got 6 kids)
-Stamina (keeps his wife happy)
-Dirtiness (you know what i mean)

but it wouldn't be FM anymore...

I really don't see why we need anything more or less than a randomized chance of a player gaining the nationality of the league he is based in on an increased probability each additional year he resides there, notified by a simple inbox message.

• 1 year later...

Archived