Mauro Icardi?!?!?!

knownasA

Hi guys, I have been for the last days working on a save with Inter Milan and it's been going great! I am 1st in the table with 12 games and 3 point advantage against Juventus (also managed to beat them 3-2 away). Jovetic is scoring some goals, mostly every clear cut chance he has. The team is playing really good football. So far most teams can only shoot from long range, so we are really solid defensively.

The only problem with this team is one (and a big one): Mauro Icardi. He simply doesn't score. I have used him in my 4-3-1-2 in many different roles (most times I have used him as an Advanced Forward, because I've been looking online and everyone is getting amazing results with him in this role... but he simply doesn't score. He is getting all the chances in the world (created my the midfield and his partner uptop, Jovetic most times or Gabriel Barbosa others).

I am posting here to know if anyone can offer me a solution or an idea for how to make him score more goals, since there's been some games where I almost get an heart attack because we are only on a 1 goal lead and his fails could have saved the game long before the final whistle. But it doesn't happen. Ever. He has 15 games and 3 goals. Even Murillo is close to him on goals!

Help me guys!

The icardi in my inter save, one of the best!

he does can get a 6.3,6.4,6.5 for a run of games but his goal scoring is totally a treat after u interact with him. I do that once he have an near 6 for rating for Last Game or Recent Form.

ADvanced Forward. My inter team doesn't retain possession. Icardi ranks Number 1 for most number of offside though every season. Ha 

but his averaging a goal per game and broke the UCL record for 18 goals in my fourth season. The way he moves into channels totally suited my team play. 

Cheers

22 minutes ago, Kunny81 said:

The icardi in my inter save, one of the best!

he does can get a 6.3,6.4,6.5 for a run of games but his goal scoring is totally a treat after u interact with him. I do that once he have an near 6 for rating for Last Game or Recent Form.

ADvanced Forward. My inter team doesn't retain possession. Icardi ranks Number 1 for most number of offside though every season. Ha 

but his averaging a goal per game and broke the UCL record for 18 goals in my fourth season. The way he moves into channels totally suited my team play. 

Cheers

Do you play him as a lone striker?

I used Icardi as an Advanced Forward with Lacazette on the left at an Inside Forward (A), Jovetic in the middle as a Trequartisa (A) and Candreva on the Right as a Winger (S). He broke the record for the most goals in a season, yet we only finished 2nd. If you're top I'd say you're doing well, even if it is at the expense of Icardi's goals.

Personally i think he is THE best goal getter on the game. The best 1 on 1 man too... i mostly play him as a lone striker but i also use a 3 striker formation with him set as CF (A) and the others CF (S)  Icardi is middle of the 3.

He has around 110 league goals in 100 league games for my Liverpool team and that is in 3 full seasons and a half.

16 hours ago, craigd84 said:

Personally i think he is THE best goal getter on the game. The best 1 on 1 man too... i mostly play him as a lone striker but i also use a 3 striker formation with him set as CF (A) and the others CF (S)  Icardi is middle of the 3.

He has around 110 league goals in 100 league games for my Liverpool team and that is in 3 full seasons and a half.

19 hours ago, Kunny81 said:

You can refer to my posts under Inter - team guide ya for the tactics used.

19 hours ago, Lawly Boi said:

I used Icardi as an Advanced Forward with Lacazette on the left at an Inside Forward (A), Jovetic in the middle as a Trequartisa (A) and Candreva on the Right as a Winger (S). He broke the record for the most goals in a season, yet we only finished 2nd. If you're top I'd say you're doing well, even if it is at the expense of Icardi's goals.

I finally managed to make him score some more goals. Of course it wasn't essentially a problem because the team is winning and scoring but I think it is a waste to have such a good player and with his salary to not be scoring goals. Fortunately he has scored 6 goals in the last 4 games. I don't expect him to score everytime but I do need a guy who gives me the winning goals.

Thank you guys!

I'm still torn between Icardi and Dybala for my Liverpool team, just fiishing season 2 and I think Sturridge and Ings are not good enough now. 

I'm really not sure who to buy.  I can get Icardi a lot cheaper than Dybala, but Dybala seem better all round.  Juventus are about to finish 5-6th though so I'm hoping he will want out with the lack of champions league next season.  Inter are about to win the league though so that may make Icardi harder to sign!!

hmm......

12 hours ago, gmulv said:

I'm still torn between Icardi and Dybala for my Liverpool team, just fiishing season 2 and I think Sturridge and Ings are not good enough now. 

I'm really not sure who to buy.  I can get Icardi a lot cheaper than Dybala, but Dybala seem better all round.  Juventus are about to finish 5-6th though so I'm hoping he will want out with the lack of champions league next season.  Inter are about to win the league though so that may make Icardi harder to sign!!

hmm......

if you are playing ings and sturridge then you need dybala and icardi! unstoppable duo

I play 1 up top normally, that is either Origi or Sturridge (Origi is good so he stays), Ings doesn't play much so will be sold and Sturridge is declining so I was going to replace him with Dybala

16 hours ago, gmulv said:

hmm......

Go with Dybala mate. He might not be such a prolific goalscorer like Icardi (which for me still isn't scoring as he should), but he is definitely more versatile and complete. If you have the money go with him. If you can, go with both!

• 4 months later...

Well after 7 seasons for me Icardi has scored WELL over 260 LEAGUE goals in 230 games and over 300 goals in total. So he has broke the Liverpool record all time goalscorer Roger Hunt.

I would say the best 45 million i have ever spent as that is the first time i have ever had that record broken. Meanwhile, Dybala is in and out of the United squad.

I'm playing as Inter and used Icardi up front on his own as a CF(s) in my 4-3-3 in the first two seasons. He scored between 30-35 in each with a good number of assists as well.

I then fell out with him due to his constant demands for pay rises or to leave for a bigger team so sold him for 80m and replaced him with Belotti and Ze Gomes. Belotti has been unspectacular and inconsistent and Ze Gomes has scored a grand total of zero goals and I'm struggling to make the CL places after respective 1st and 2nd place finishes with Icardi in the team. Needless to say, I'm regretting my decision to let him go.

If you can get him firing, my advice would be to avoid selling him,

Bought him at the start of the 4th season (Liverpool). Really struggled with him to begin with, and I generally didn't play him much at one point. He got in a strop, so I played him some more, and eventually he got going and has scored quite frequently for me recently, inc a 91st minute winner at Barcelona!

For me, it seems like he takes time to adapt, but once he is settled, he can be a match winner, definitely.

14 minutes ago, MrMungo said:

Bought him at the start of the 4th season (Liverpool). Really struggled with him to begin with, and I generally didn't play him much at one point. He got in a strop, so I played him some more, and eventually he got going and has scored quite frequently for me recently, inc a 91st minute winner at Barcelona!

For me, it seems like he takes time to adapt, but once he is settled, he can be a match winner, definitely.

He ONLY hit 24 league goals in his first season but after that it was 30's and 40's 45 is his record league goals and 63 overall.

3 hours ago, themightyyak said:

I'm playing as Inter and used Icardi up front on his own as a CF(s) in my 4-3-3 in the first two seasons. He scored between 30-35 in each with a good number of assists as well.

I then fell out with him due to his constant demands for pay rises or to leave for a bigger team so sold him for 80m and replaced him with Belotti and Ze Gomes. Belotti has been unspectacular and inconsistent and Ze Gomes has scored a grand total of zero goals and I'm struggling to make the CL places after respective 1st and 2nd place finishes with Icardi in the team. Needless to say, I'm regretting my decision to let him go.

If you can get him firing, my advice would be to avoid selling him,

Belotti i had on last years game and found playing him as poacher or advanced forwards he was getting goals like no tomorrow. Not as many as Icardi but DEFINITELY a 1 in 2 striker. 

Ze Gomes... now i havent used him but he looks decent on my save.

• 2 months later...

i coached Icardi at inter, easily their best striker but yeah he seems to be rather inconsistent. you can easily tell whether he would get an 8+ or 6 just by the first few highlights. he either plays very well or very badly! PSG came in with 100 mil and i sold him

Archived