OneDrive/My Docs issue for FM

I setup a new laptop and I copied over all my old My Docs from the old machine

Last night I noticed that instead of them being in My Docs on the C: they had filled up my OneDrive and the game was defaulted to that (I havent used a OneDrive before, so it may be set to backup automatically, or i dropped the files in there by mistake?). I wouldnt care but its full seeing as i have all the facepacks in there.

So I copied everything down to the C: again but FM wont see the new path for any of the graphics files

I assume I need to reset something somewhere?!?

Can anyone help please

• 2 years later...

If i remember correctly you have to create the folder yourself. So for example create a folder i C drive and name it FM20, change the launch options as the link in the above post shows and point it to the newly created folder. Next time you start the game up it should populate that folder with all the underlying folders.

48 minutes ago, shakeable said:

If i remember correctly you have to create the folder yourself. So for example create a folder i C drive and name it FM20, change the launch options as the link in the above post shows and point it to the newly created folder. Next time you start the game up it should populate that folder with all the underlying folders.

Certain that is the way to do it as had the same problem wanting to use my HDD not my SSD that the game is installed on.

When you are selecting the destination within FM, manually create the folder and it will work.