Scouting Assignments

Hey there,

I'm playing on division 9 in England, so lower, lower leagues. And I've been wondering how to best set up my scouting team.

Currently I've got 3 scouts that are around 10 JPA & JPP. It's the best that I can get on that level.

I'm constantly looking for new players in any position really to upgrade my squad. But I'm not sure as to what scouting assignment I should set. Is there any difference in "First team player" and "Report from a nation"? It all seems a bit of the same for me right now.

Also, I tend to look at the stats more so than the Stars rating. I really want my players to have decent stats in WOR, PAC, ACC, STR, PAS is nice to have and depending on their role POS, ANT, DEC, CON, FIR. Once again, I play in the lower leagues so I can't really look for technical skilled players much.

I somewhere found an option to set the scouting to "until full knowledge" when scouting or to just send a report, but I can't find it anymore. Should I initially get a scouting report and every player that might be interesting scout individually until full knowledge? Or should I just set it to scout until full knowledge either way to increase my player pool?

Should I scout the whole country or should I just stick to the league I'm in or the one above? Also, how many assignments should I give each scout? If only one, should I really keep next opponent report ad "waist" a full scout on that?

Thanks for your help!

Ok what I tend to do:

A) Send scouts out on general assignments.

At your level you are going to fairly limited to your home country and competitions.  At the start of the season I would stick one scout on "Next Opposition" one to scout on England & the last one on a competition (Maybe the league above the one you are playing in).  Once the scout has finished England I would assign him to another competition (Maybe a youth league or the league you are in or something).

In terms of orders I would set it for 3* CA & 3* PA with a max estimated transfer cost of say £20k.  I know you can't afford £20k but setting it at that will pick up a lot of players who have less than a year left on their contracts and could be signed on bosmans.

B) Add every player who the scouts find onto the shortlist, over time this will build up the number of players on your shortlist.  Its not strange for me to have 2k-3k players on my shortlist although at lower league clubs I tend to have less (Currently I have just under 1000). 

C) Every player I sign comes from my shortlist.  Each month I use the filters on my shortlist to filter down the players to those I might be interested in in the next transfer window/end of season (Filter by position, contract expiry etc and then sort by stars).  Players that look interesting I then assign to a scout for one month (Say max 10 per scout on top of their normal assignment).  I then rinse & repeat each month, filter also by those with less than say 90% scouting knowledge so your scouts aren't looking at the same players every month.  Once the transfer window comes round I find I have pretty good knowledge of potential signings and can work from there.

9 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Ok what I tend to do:

A) Send scouts out on general assignments.

At your level you are going to fairly limited to your home country and competitions.  At the start of the season I would stick one scout on "Next Opposition" one to scout on England & the last one on a competition (Maybe the league above the one you are playing in).  Once the scout has finished England I would assign him to another competition (Maybe a youth league or the league you are in or something).

In terms of orders I would set it for 3* CA & 3* PA with a max estimated transfer cost of say £20k.  I know you can't afford £20k but setting it at that will pick up a lot of players who have less than a year left on their contracts and could be signed on bosmans.

B) Add every player who the scouts find onto the shortlist, over time this will build up the number of players on your shortlist.  Its not strange for me to have 2k-3k players on my shortlist although at lower league clubs I tend to have less (Currently I have just under 1000). 

C) Every player I sign comes from my shortlist.  Each month I use the filters on my shortlist to filter down the players to those I might be interested in in the next transfer window/end of season (Filter by position, contract expiry etc and then sort by stars).  Players that look interesting I then assign to a scout for one month (Say max 10 per scout on top of their normal assignment).  I then rinse & repeat each month, filter also by those with less than say 90% scouting knowledge so your scouts aren't looking at the same players every month.  Once the transfer window comes round I find I have pretty good knowledge of potential signings and can work from there.

Thanks! :-)

But why do you put every player on the shortlist? Won't they be in the list with all known players and you could filter from there?

Just now, Areolys said:

Thanks! :-)

But why do you put every player on the shortlist? Won't they be in the list with all known players and you could filter from there?

Possibly, I guess its habit dating back years when scouting on FM was different.

I know that those on my shortlist have all been scouted to some degree and they fit the settings I gave to the scout at that time.

My Scouting system (since yesterday ^^)

1. Choosing the best tactic scout for scouting the next opponent

2. Let the Chief Scout do, what ever he want

3. Add some special scouting tasks time by time (look first team Center back wit 3*/4* etc)

Archived