Franky's ULTIMATE CARNAGE Tactic for FM 17

This is a more aggressive version of my Supreme tactic. Whereas that was a balanced tactic designed to keep things tight at the back and win games by the odd goal, this one is much more attacking and has more goals in it. It's designed to put weaker opposition to the sword and is a 'we'll score more than you' tactic....... it's more satisfying than the Supreme tactic for those managers who prefer to win 4-2 rather than 1-0.

FORMATION

4b4698f0ae.jpg

PLAYERS REQUIRED

Wing Backs – These guys are the key players in the team as a lot of the attacking play revolves around their ability to get forward and whip in dangerous crosses so good crossing ability is a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness, as will good dribbling ability. Set their training focus to 'crossing' unless it is already high, in which case set it to 'dribbling'..... the better their dribbling and crossing ability, the more effective the tactic!

PPM to set (in order of importance)......... 1) gets forward whenever possible......... 2) hugs line.

Training focus - crossing or dribbling if that is lower.

Centre Backs - There's a regular centre back in both DCR and DCL positions. One must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap.

PPM to set......... stays back at all times.

NOTE: The default setting is 'Central Defender' but you need to change that to 'Ball Playing Defender' for any centre back who is better in that role. It's okay two have two BPD's if need be.

MC – Sits in front of the back four and sweeps up most of the opposition clearances. His ability to win the ball in the middle of the park allows the the front 4 plus both wing backs and RPM to operate in a highly attacking manner. Also offers a passing option as he's always unmarked. When it's played to him, he's on the lookout to distribute to the RPM or wing backs when they make their runs forward. Must have a high work rate as he'll be charging around, picking up all the loose balls and closing down attackers. A defensively sound, hard working player...... Schneiderlin being perfect for this role.

PPM to set......... stays back at all times.

Training focus - 'passing' if less than 13, otherwise to 'tackling' or 'positioning'.

Roaming Playmaker (RPM) - The man who drives the team forward with his creativity. He'll look to play the wing backs in at every opportunity and generally dictate play from the middle of the park. The man of the match award is usually a three horse race between him and both wing backs. Will run with the ball whilst looking for options so must be a semi decent dribbler, minimum 13 in the top division. Must also be defensively sound as he's in a two man central midfield.

PPM to set......... 'switch ball to other flank'. Arrives late at the edge of the area and receives plenty of pull backs so if he has long shot ability of 13+, then 'shoots with power' and 'shoots from distance'.

Training focus - dribbling.

Shadow Striker - This guy should be all about attacking prowess without having to worry about defensive attributes. Needs to be a decent finisher as the striker will hold the ball up, then put him through on goal for plenty of one on ones.

PPM to set......... 1) gets into opposition area......... 2) gets forward whenever possible.

Training focus  - finishing or composure.

Inside Forwards – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is important. Also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates.

PPM to set......... 1) gets into opposition area...... 2) cuts inside from x flank.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Wingers work just as well as Inside Forwards so just use these players in whichever role they are more suited to.

Complete Forward – Comes deep to receive the ball, then uses his strength to hold up play while the bbm and inside forwards make their runs, then looks to play them in. A strong target man type player is best for this role and if he has a good jump reach then that will be perfect as he can then make the most of the tonnes of crosses fired in by the wing backs.

PPM to set......... likes to try to beat offside trap, but only if he is quick.

Training focus - strength.

NOTE: The default role is for a CF but use the striker in the role that he's best suited to. Deep Lying Forward or Defensive Forward can be used. Just make sure to set them on support duty.

TACTIC USAGE

I use the tactic usage formula below, making no changes to team mentality until half-time, unless we go 2 goals down, in which case I'll switch immediately to control and keep it there for the rest of the game or if I take the lead I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend duty. If I'm leading by the odd goal at half-time, I'll drop the mentality one notch or if I'm anticipating a tough second half then I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend.

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds.........

Favourite (home) - Control

Odds on favourite (away) - Control

Favourite (away) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (home) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (away) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (home) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (away) - Contain & switch both wing backs to defend duty.

Cup finals or other matches at neutral venues should be treated as home games.

If you need to protect a lead and the priority is to avoid conceding, switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty (credit to Sabine for this tip, which works very well). I prefer not to do this until half-time at the earliest. Needless to say, if the objective changes and you need to score, don't forget to revert them back to attack duty when upping the mentality. Also, if you switch from contain to a higher mentality, the tempo will automatically be set to 'normal' so you'll have to manually turn it down a notch to 'lower'.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Never go higher than Control as I find Attacking and Overload mentalities counter productive (too many wasted passes and shots from ridiculous angles and distances).

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both wing backs and MC  must have a high work rate (minimum 14 in the top division).

2. Both wing backs must have good crossing ability (minimum 12).

3. Every player must have at least 7/10 in the green suitability circle.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AND TEAM TALKS

I let the assistant manager deal with OI's and also team talks as I'm playing the Touch version of the game where you can't do team talks yourself. Obviously, if you know what you're doing then would be better to do team talks yourself, although I would leave OI'S to the ass man. You need a decent one though so make sure he has high attributes for Tactical Knowledge, Judging Player Ability and Motivating.

FURTHER INFORMATION/ADVICE

The Striker and both CB's must NOT be on corner taking duty plus inswinging corners only.

As soon as a player picks up a booking, manually set him to 'ease off tackles' in order to avoid a second yellow. Front 4 are set to this by default.

Do not buy an MC or wing backs with poor work rate, they're not compatible with this tactic. I had Carrick at Man Utd with a 'work rate' rating of 11..... got rid straight away.

For your best free-kick takers, set their PPM to 'tries long range free kicks' as the default setting is to float the ball into the box, even when there's a clear scoring opportunity with a direct shot. Once this PPM is acquired, they won't waste such opportunities.

Every player that has less than 12 for long shots should be trained to 'refrain from taking long shots'. For the Inside Forwards/Wingers and Striker this is a priority as they tend to waste good passing opportunities by taking ridiculous shots from distance....... this PPM will help to minimize that.

FINAL WORD

I haven't tested this tactic much and have uploaded it in the hope of getting constructive feedback, after which I'll look to update it further so if you use it, please let me know how you get on..... especially the tactic usage side of things.

Franky's ULTIMATE CARNAGE Tactic for FM 17 (17.1.1)_38E0F425-B6CC-4C9E-8C04-545A4D14181C.fmf

21 minutes ago, BojanVu said:

I think you must testing your tactic and then share this any one who want to download. Just like Knap doing yoiur job testing and then share in forum. On first look this is godd tactic with but in the middle i think DLPd + CMs are ideal role. 

Yes, I understand but I don't think there's any harm in asking others to test it. It's up to the individual. They don't have to if they don't want to :)

1 hour ago, Franky. said:

Yes, I understand but I don't think there's any harm in asking others to test it. It's up to the individual. They don't have to if they don't want to :)

first two matches with your tactic Franky

Southport - Chester 0-2

Chester - Gateshead 5-0

:D

5 hours ago, BojanVu said:

I think you must testing your tactic and then share this any one who want to download. Just like Knap doing yoiur job testing and then share in forum. On first look this is godd tactic with but in the middle i think DLPd + CMs are ideal role. 

Load of rubbish in my opinion, he's just sharing something that he's created which is what this forum is for. Nobody is made to use it, they use it off their own back. They don't even have to give feedback if they don't want because nobody can make them. 

Keep up the good work Franky. Might give this a try in the morning.

franky%20test_zpsiv1uoczd.png

So this was the first loss I have suffered, midway into my season.

However.

It's probably been the most convincing we have looked as a dominant attacking team. You have managed to get the pressing working in a way I couldn't with my tactics which I am happy about. 

So 1 of the goals I conceded was a long ball over the top in behind the defender who has an acceleration and pace of 10 so no surprise there. The second goal I conceded was from mental decision making from my rb. As the ball was being crossed into the box, he decided to peel off his marker in the box and charge the ball, no idea at all why, I don't know if its an issue you have, or just the me having a bit of fun with me lol.

Looked good in its first outing, I have my biggest rivals next, so will test the measure of its credibility for this league, so far so good though mate.

franky%20test%202_zpsnn79wlp5.png

This is about 4 seconds real time after they had taken their freekick, 2 players are just staying standing in front of the goalkeeper.

Again not sure if that`s a tactic issue or an me issue, just thought I would highlight it so you could clarify.

Also had a man sent off so took off the shadow strike, but I`m interested to know what you think would be the best choice to take off in this formation.

40 minutes ago, McGougan33 said:

franky%20test%202_zpsnn79wlp5.png

This is about 4 seconds real time after they had taken their freekick, 2 players are just staying standing in front of the goalkeeper.

Again not sure if that`s a tactic issue or an me issue, just thought I would highlight it so you could clarify.

Also had a man sent off so took off the shadow strike, but I`m interested to know what you think would be the best choice to take off in this formation.

I really don't know what those two are doing standing in front of the keeper...... other than playing everyone onside :D

As for who to take off in case of a red card, definitely the Shadow Striker.

46 minutes ago, sparkysrovers said:

Maybe not a great LLM tactic, I've had mixed results so far. Tactic isnt fully fluid yet though. We're missing a lot of shots, conceding many penalties (2 in one match) and giving away leads

I'll be honest. After a few test games, I've seen the tactic to be way too open defensively. Scores goals but let's in far too many for my liking. If I develop it further, the first thing I'll do is try to tighten it up at the back. My SUPREME tactic is more balanced and far superior defensively. 

3 hours ago, McGougan33 said:

franky%20test_zpsiv1uoczd.png

So this was the first loss I have suffered, midway into my season.

However.

It's probably been the most convincing we have looked as a dominant attacking team. You have managed to get the pressing working in a way I couldn't with my tactics which I am happy about. 

So 1 of the goals I conceded was a long ball over the top in behind the defender who has an acceleration and pace of 10 so no surprise there. The second goal I conceded was from mental decision making from my rb. As the ball was being crossed into the box, he decided to peel off his marker in the box and charge the ball, no idea at all why, I don't know if its an issue you have, or just the me having a bit of fun with me lol.

Looked good in its first outing, I have my biggest rivals next, so will test the measure of its credibility for this league, so far so good though mate.

You showed images of the game against Sevco but i'm still waiting to hear how you got on against your biggest rivals...........Partick Thistle, the oldest Glasgow derby.

Archived