"Wing"ing it in Asia...

Raware

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hangzhou - Season Review 2040

pFfufnM.png

Chinese Super League/Chinese Super League progress/Chinese Super League fixtures : A fantastic season for us as we exceeded expectations of a mid table finish by finishing 3rd in the league and qualifying for next seasons Asian Champions League!

Chinese FA Cup : Repeating last seasons achievements of winning the FA Cup was always going to be difficult to do this season but we gave it our best try as we made it to the semi final where Beijing beat us over the two legs.

Chinese Super FA Cup : Because of our win in the FA Cup last season, we were involved in the season opener this season as we took Jiangsu to penalties, but unfortunately we lost on penalties.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group G : We made it out of a tough group as we finished as runners up in the group, just behind Seoul.  We were given a tough 2nd round draw but we surprisingly managed to dispose of last seasons ACL winners Shanggang before we also beat Central Coast Mariners in the quarter final.  We met our group rivals Seoul again in the semi final but they proved to be too strong for us this time around as they beat 3-1 on aggregate to end our ACL journey.

Squad : Another great season from the players as Yu Peng was able to make the step up in divisions and continue his goal scoring as he bagged 34 goals in 49 games while his strike partner Lin Xiao struggled to reach the heights he hit last year as he scored just 11 times in 36 appearances.  Qian Jong had a good season as he claimed the Chinese Super League Young Player of the Year while Dou Keda also had a good season as he bagged 5 goals and 6 assists as both of them have attracted the interest of both Shanggang and Chongqing. 

Reserves/Under 19’s : A decent-ish season for the reserves and the Under 19’s as they both floated around mid table all season but looking at how the Super League orders teams if teams are on the same points, league positions for the reserve teams become involved and they could be very important if we’re level on points with another team in the league next season, so I’ll have to give a bit more attention to the reserves next season.

Transfers : As I stated at the start of this save and when I took the job at Hangzhou, I will be relying on youth from my academy for this save and while I’m ‘not allowed’ to sign players, Ronaldo Schmude joined us permanently at the start of the season as part of his loan agreement (before I joined).  I did also state when I took the Hangzhou job that I would allow myself to sign previous youth academy products and that happened as I signed Li Chi Keung (29M) for £150k from South Korean side Seongnam.

Finances : Not great as the bonuses that I awarded at the end of the year for our great season (£1.4 million) has plunged us into debt.

My views of the season… : A great season for us back in the Chinese Super League as we exceeded expectations and finished 3rd in the league meaning that we’ve qualified for next seasons Asian Champions League.  We also performed well in the cup competitions as we made it to the semi finals of both the FA Cup and the Asian Champions League.

We also received news that the new chairman will be improving the training facilities and the youth facilities…to only then be told that once again, the planned improvements to the youth facilities are to be scrapped.

My aims for next season… : We definitely over achieved this season so I think it’ll be difficult to match this years achievements next year, especially with Qian Jong and Dou Keda wanting moves to a bigger club, and with Shanggang and Chongqing sniffing around them both with reportedly major interest, I’m expecting imminent bids for them both.  If we can repeat this years achievements next season, great, but I’ll be happy with a top half finish if I’m honest.

One more piece of news worth mentioning was that my old club, Wing Yee managed to win the Asian Confederations Cup this season for a 5th time after beating Buriram Utd on penalties in the final.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League		           Position	Competitions won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      5th	-
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Community Cup, Senior Shield
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	FA Cup
2020/21	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup
2021/22	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup 
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, FA Cup
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, FA Cup
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, Senior Shield, FA Cup
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, HK SH Club Championship
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, FA Cup, HK SH Club Championship
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Champions League
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Community Cup, FA Cup
2034/35	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2035	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2036	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2037	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2038	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2039	   Hangzhou	 Chinese First Division	      1st	Chinese First Division, FA Cup
2040	   Hangzhou	 Chinese Super League	      3rd	-

Trophy Cabinet

Chinese First Division				-	x 1	(Hangzhou)
Chinese FA Cup					-	x 1	(Hangzhou)
Hong Kong Premier League			-	x 13	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong Community Cup				-	x 14	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong Senior Shield				-	x 9	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong League Cup				-	x 12	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong FA Cup				-	x 11	(Wing Yee)
Asian Champions League				- 	x 1	(Wing Yee)
Asian Confederation Cup				-	x 4	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong Shanghai Interport Club Championship 	-	x 2	(Wing Yee)

On 8/23/2017 at 16:49, kidthekid said:

Great season. Keda looks the real deal

Thanks @kidthekid.  I'm not sure whether I'll be able to keep him for much longer as he's requested to leave and there's 4 or 5 clubs interested in him.  With only 2 years on his contract left, it may make sense to cash in on him as he won't sign a new contract :(.

On 8/23/2017 at 17:10, Dexter_Morgan said:

Good season back in the top flight and you did well in the cups so obviously there's the makings of a good side there :thup:

Thanks @Dexter_Morgan.  Yeah, the squad looks promising.  Hopefully, we can produce a few more good youngsters in the next few seasons :D

Rawlings 'Son Watch'

GE0jucL.png

Dean Rawlings (25O)

Profile Overview | Attributes Overview | Information Overview | Coach Report ] | Career Stats

With Ryan Rawlings (24A) now retired, it just leaves Dean Rawlings (25O) playing as again he struggled, even in the reserves as he managed to find the net just once.  He also suffered a bad injury during the season which he’s still suffering from as he injured his Achilles tendon which left him out for 4 to 5 months :(

Archived