FM17 Maximum realism challenge

This challenge is something I've been thinking about for a long time (and by long I mean since FM15). There are a lot of challenges where the aim is to play with maximum reality (no player search, scout players you can sign, start with lowest rep possible and unemployed, etc.). But this challenge is something bigger for me,,, And hopefully for a few more FM-ers.

The Aim

To play with maximum realism. And by maximum I mean MAXIMUM :) . Live your life as if you were a REAL manager, starting from scratch and all the way to the top of the Hall of Fame.

The Rules

The following rules are MANDATORY:

• Create a Sunday League manager with no badges. He should be 20 years old, nationality and spoken languages should replicate yourself in real life. Adjust your manager attributes as you wish.
  • Start the game unemployed, Use the Job Center to apply for jobs and bring in staff to your club.
    • NOTE: You can holiday 1 season and take control of a club promoted from a non-playable league as a part of other challenges (see list below).
  • You can sign players you are able to scout or bring on a trial. Just like in the real world.
  • You have to play the full flat 90 minutes of each competitive game. Friendly games can be played in highlight mode, though it is not advisable.
  • You are NOT allowed to use downloadable tactics, edited/customised league/player databases.
  • You are NOT allowed to use editors, play only with the standard in-game leagues.
  • Once you've got your first job, you are NOT allowed to holiday. Ever.

Game Set-up

You can load the leagues and player database to your liking. There are no restrictions here.

Too easy? Add more hardcore!

You can take part in other challenges, as long as their Rules do not contradict the Rules for this challenge. If I am not mistaking, you can take part in the following challenges as well at the same time:

For example, you can play a Youth Academy challenge with just one team in your whole career, never sign any players, try to win the Champions League... as long as you play the full flat 90 minutes of each competitive game.

What and how often to post?

Try to post results per each month. You are free to post what you feel is interesting for yourself and for others.

A pre-season preview, end of season review, youth intakes and other interesting stuff would be very interesting to read as well :).

Suggestions

You are free to read numerous articles about how to develop players, analyze opposition team reports and any other articles that are on these and other forums. This is your chance to learn more about this beautiful game.

Yes, you will probably play only a couple of seasons until FM18 is out but... This is life, real top class managers rarely play more that 70+ games per one calendar year :)

On 10/25/2016 at 21:21, Shevchenko said:

For example, you can play a Youth Academy challenge with just one team in your whole career, never sign any players, try to win the Champions League... as long as you play the full flat 90 minutes of each competitive game.

Sounds like something I should be able to finish after real life retirement in 30-odd years time. I'm guessing I might have made the Football League by then :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived