[FM17] The Beta Male: Hamish Dreams

forameuss

Oh Flower of Scotland...

The Yokohama International Stadium was rocking as the slight majority of 72,000 fans sang along

When will we see...

The piper that FIFA had brought in was already struggling to keep time with the crowd, who roared on at their own pace, much like they usually did at Hampden

Your like again...

And when would they see the like again?  Scotland were in a World Cup Final, and as he looked around he saw kilted grown-men weeping.  They were about to watch their country face Brazil - a true giant of World Football - on the biggest stage imaginable.

That fought and died for...that wee bit hill and glen...

He looked to the pitch and saw 11 brave man lined up.  Resplendent in the traditional blue opposite Brazil's iconic yellow.  They looked up at the crowd, focused, ready.  And every one of them was belting out the anthem.

And stood against him...

A gun-shot cry of "'gainst who!" rang out, as was tradition.

Proud Edward's Army...

Followed by a less friendly cry aimed at their bitter rivals.

And sent them homeward...

But as he looked to the pitch again, he saw something else.  While all 11 players stared up at the crowds, belting out the anthem, one man stared elsewhere, and even from a distance he could tell it was straight at him.

'tae think again...

The deafening roar of the crowd might have drowned out the volume, but it didn't stop him understanding the words that Hamish Glengarrie was mouthing.

Wake up Max...Wake up...

"WAKE UP MAX YOU ****ing ****!"

Max snapped awake as he felt the punch in his stomach.  Hamish again.

"Wur you havin' a wee dream there, pal?" Hamish smiled down at him.

"Aye," he groaned, wincing, "An odd one too.  You were there."

"Oh aye?  What was I doing?  Pumping Lorraine Kelly, was I?  Ooft...she'd love a bit of Hamish..."

"Not exactly," Max sat up, "Scotland were in a World Cup Final, and I think you were the manager."

Hamish looked into the middle distance, clearly imagining it.  Then he frowned.  "Hold on, who were we playing?"

"Brazil.  In Yokohama."

"Did we win?"

"Don't know, you woke me up before kick off"

Hamish nodded cryptically.  "So the prophecy may still come to pass..."

Max cast a worried glance in his direction, but then the moment passed.  

"Anyway," Hamish continued, "Who knows...it might happen for real."  

He pointed at the TV screen.  Max hadn't noticed it sitting there on mute, running the story that Gordon Strachan had resigned from his post following the unsuccessful Euro 2016 qualifying campaign and subsequent defeats in friendlies to France and Italy.

Just to let you know, I haven't abandoned this before it started.  I wrote out the long opening post, tried to post it, and then it crashed.  Too furious to bother typing it all out again at the time.  Then I was off to Prague over the weekend, so to be honest I haven't really had much time with FM17.  Have gotten a few games under my belt though, so about ready to start posting up the new story.  

Also keeping me busy has been the news that I'll be a father for the first time by the end of April :)  Naturally, boy or girl, they'll be called Hamish

Image result for scotland logo football

The Beta Male : Hamish Dreams

Scotland National Football Team

cYLZiNB.png

Iff7WU7.png

Set-up wise, we're keeping it simple.  I wanted to get a decent coverage across Europe to try and make sure that the other nations get populated well enough, plus all the UK nations.  It should mean that I can jump out into club football without much bother should I choose to do that.  Plus with changing my laptop to one less powerful (previous one was great, but it had a habit of ******** screws then died) I need to keep an eye on things.

oAQBqza.png

OnmUxXo.png

Might be a surprise, but I won't exactly be playing as Hamish Glengarrie this time around.  Instead, I'm revisiting an old name and playing as Max Harvey.  Nothing particularly exciting in the character creation, apart from remaining a good Glaswegian who fights the good fight and supports Partick Thistle.

Attribute-wise I've made some movement.  I set my template to Man Manager, after initially using Disciplinarian.  I prefer to leave the disciplining to a right-hand man...

hoNyxIW.png

So here he is, looking resplendant in his brown loafers and black suit combo.  It's off to Hampden he goes

On 26/10/2016 at 14:50, forameuss said:

Also keeping me busy has been the news that I'll be a father for the first time by the end of April :)  Naturally, boy or girl, they'll be called Hamish

Congratulations. As a relatively new father myself prepare for your life to change dramatically and very much for the better. Never will you love something so much.

Archived