(suggestion) edit the date

Bothan Spy

how about an option to edit the date in the editor? most of us have tried to manually update the game or downloaded an unofficial update, but I find it frustrating that the start date remains the same. e.g. putting pogba at Manchester united and the start date is still July 2015 so he is still the wrong age as well.

I highly doubt SI will ever incorporate a feature that basically negates one of the primary reasons to buy their game every year. I mean, just think about it: if you could change the date every year on an older version and load a custom database, what incentive would there be to buy the next version if you weren't sold on the new ME, features (or lack thereof), etc.? They'd be cannibalizing their own sales.

Why else do you think last year's version of the game is still full-price even though the new one gets released in a matter of weeks? Or why they refuse to announce any new features until after their "loyalty" offer expires? 

Frankly, I think the best you might hope for is if they made it so you could start games with the winter update patch in the winter window. And even that's a huge ask. 

51 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

how about an option to edit the date in the editor? most of us have tried to manually update the game or downloaded an unofficial update, but I find it frustrating that the start date remains the same. e.g. putting pogba at Manchester united and the start date is still July 2015 so he is still the wrong age as well.

He isn't the wrong age, he is the correct age at July 2015.

I think being able to change the date would cause a lot of knockon effects with regards to contracts etc.

I suspect there might also be legal issues with the licences.

TBH I don't think there is an easy solution to what you want and I agree with userhername above that the best you can hope for is perhaps having different start date options but even then I suspect FM would still process the "gap" inbetween July & when you wanted to start which would lead to transfer/sackings etc.

I'd rather have it the other way round, that the start date is as it is now, but maybe fixed for all comps (atleast those who run a fall-spring schedule), and then all transfers that happens after said date IRL are not included in the game (or to have the option of turning RL transfers "on" or "off").

• 2 months later...

Archived