Football Manager Chairman Challenge - aka from millionaire to multi-billionaire

Just now, TheEarl said:

Great season @toonbalmy87 , I guess you will continue with Gateshead another season or more to get them into Premier League?

I will update the leaderboards tomorrow.

Well get into the prem then stay 3 seasons see if i can win it then move on if i win it in 2 then stay for 3rd for champions league

9 hours ago, TheEarl said:

No need to restart @jaysdailydose you have set the correct starting year so, if you are 29 years for a month is totally fine. Good luck with Zagreb and enjoy the game :)

Sorry about your restart @toonbalmy87 hope it will continue nicely.

Holidaying for a week or two is totally fine by the way, I have done it after all the games are played sometimes, to speed up things in between seasons.

Thanks, bud!  I knew it shouldn't be an issue because I know that you know I'm on the level. :)  

I play slower than you guys, at least at first until comfortable at a club -- but I'll keep you posted.

This is literally the first time I've been this short on staff wages.  Pretty much anyone decent wants 1.4k/w -- my board is offering like 450. ;)  So, even with Superb training facilities, I think the lads may have a trifle longer dev cycle.  LOL

Definitely interesting, though.  I've never managed in Croatia before, and was glad I was able to find a solid club.  Thanks for the challenge, I'm sure it will provide some fun and educational content both here and on my blog in the long term!

Great profits @toonbalmy87 , I will not get those figures this season, so I will be behind. But am making a pretty good profit considering there is no player sales above 100K. As for the league, its much more tight than yours, and I will probably need well above 90 points to win the league. Blackburn are ahead by 6 points at the moment, but we play them soon and can close the gap. Personal salary is the least important, but think mine will be slightly higher than yours.

8 hours ago, toonbalmy87 said:

currently sitting 10 points atop of the championship. i am currently i February... Spent 15 Million Made £34 Million

Incredible. Your flying like a rocket @toonbalmy87

Your squad screenshot from last season is gone (dont worry about it), but could you tell a bit of what kind of players you have in Championship, and what kind of attendances at your stadium?

all really yung players avg age off 20 years old. i spend a while going through all of the national youth teams just looking in case and i found couple of gems also the free transfers brought me 5 new first teamer's. The youngsters who i get normally have big clubs interested so i scout report them and if any good sign them but give them an offer they cant turn so i pretty much sign them the next day i had 1 players he wanted 2k so i gave him 8k on a 4 year deal and 2 year option for me so basically hes tied to me for 6 years.

Attendance: i have an average attendance of  6768 which is last in the league the stadium hold 11800 and i managed to buy the stadium this season so no more payments going out for it.

The club is now worth £51 Million so i have added a value of £50 million in 3 1/2 seasons :onmehead:

The Earls quest for 10 billions

Club: Plymouth Argyle (English League One)

207px-Plymouth_Argyle_F.C._logo.svg.png

The season in League One started badly with 2 losses in the first 2 matches. All in all the cups went badly, but in the end I managed to win the league 1 point ahead of Blackburn. Income was a bit lower than @toonbalmy87 but still decent enough. For some reason I only got 49 HOF-points for winning compared to the 63 points that toonbalmy87 got???

Screenshots:

League Table

Club finances

Personal income

Season summary:

Personal income: 81K

Profit/loss: 2,895M

HOF-points: 49 (1,225M)

New chairman value: 7.456M

Trophies: Welsh League Cup, Welsh Premier League, Irish Premier League, Irish FAI Cup, English League Two, English League One

On 1. oktober 2016 at 01:53, toonbalmy87 said:

i was thinking aswell because obviously the huge hike in value of the club what if when we move club we sell our old club for what its valued then it is realistic :D 

I will think of this for future week of the challenge. But as for now, it seems only likely to happen to lower league clubs from England. Lets say I had continued with The New Saints, maybe take them to 3rd qualifying round of CL of even into the playoffs. Maybe I could see their value rise a few hundred Ks , but no way I could take them from 1M to 50M. Another thing is, we want to become multi-billionaires. Once you reach big clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. The game is build up to not have too much inflation, so you are just as likely to see this clubs drop in value. How painful will it be if you just managed Barca for 2 seasons. Lets say you can make 50M profit over those 2 years, but you only then find out that the value have dropped 200M ???

1 minute ago, TheEarl said:

I will think of this for future week of the challenge. But as for now, it seems only likely to happen to lower league clubs from England. Lets say I had continued with The New Saints, maybe take them to 3rd qualifying round of CL of even into the playoffs. Maybe I could see their value rise a few hundred Ks , but no way I could take them from 1M to 50M. Another thing is, we want to become multi-billionaires. Once you reach big clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. The game is build up to not have too much inflation, so you are just as likely to see this clubs drop in value. How painful will it be if you just managed Barca for 2 seasons. Lets say you can make 50M profit over those 2 years, but you only then find out that the value have dropped 200M ???

true but those are the killers off football. as long as you are making money out of the club shouldn't really matter until you sell it and then you only sell it for more than its worth

6 minutes ago, toonbalmy87 said:

true but those are the killers off football. as long as you are making money out of the club shouldn't really matter until you sell it and then you only sell it for more than its worth

If I bring this into the challenge, you will have to take both the increase in the value when you sell it, but also the decrease in value when you sell it, if that happens. But for now, will try to leave the challenge as it is.

Just now, TheEarl said:

If I bring this into the challenge, you will have to take both the increase in the value when you sell it, but also the decrease in value when you sell it, if that happens. But for now, will try to leave the challenge as it is.

sounds good to me 

I will post my update for the last season later this week.

But a question @toonbalmy87 , in Championship you sold players for 34 million, and bought for 15 million. How come you only had 290K profits? Was the expenses for agent fees too high? On the contrary as you will se with my update later, I had a turnover of around 21M and made a profit of approx. 900K and I spent more money on signing players than on selling them. But both figures where as low as around the 1M mark. How high was your turnover? I would guess it would be around 50M mark, so where did all the money go out?

3 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

I will post my update for the last season later this week.

But a question @toonbalmy87 , in Championship you sold players for 34 million, and bought for 15 million. How come you only had 290K profits? Was the expenses for agent fees too high? On the contrary as you will se with my update later, I had a turnover of around 21M and made a profit of approx. 900K and I spent more money on signing players than on selling them. But both figures where as low as around the 1M mark. How high was your turnover? I would guess it would be around 50M mark, so where did all the money go out?

i bought the stadium and at the end of year my chairman decided to build a new one at the cost of £14 Million :idiot: and i did other things such as youth and training facility's and youth coaching etc

2 minutes ago, toonbalmy87 said:

i bought the stadium and at the end of year my chairman decided to build a new one at the cost of £14 Million :idiot: and i did other things such as youth and training facility's and youth coaching etc

Ah!!! I see, that can help you a lot in the long run, but of course took out a lot of your possible profits. 

I am soon at the change of season date, and I think we will be pretty even in terms of Overall Bank Balance, but I have a few weeks to simulate yet, and have to go to real life work now :p hehe

7 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Ah!!! I see, that can help you a lot in the long run, but of course took out a lot of your possible profits. 

I am soon at the change of season date, and I think we will be pretty even in terms of Overall Bank Balance, but I have a few weeks to simulate yet, and have to go to real life work now :p hehe

almost finished another season and i am 44 Million in profit ;)

49 minutes ago, toonbalmy87 said:

almost finished another season and i am 44 Million in profit ;)

Thats just amazing, I cant play at your speed at the moment so I will take some time before I can catch you up, but I will post my Championship season tonight hopefully, and update the leaderboard post.

How do you see your savegame going forward? And whats your plan with this challenge when FM17 comes out?

1 hour ago, TheEarl said:

Thats just amazing, I cant play at your speed at the moment so I will take some time before I can catch you up, but I will post my Championship season tonight hopefully, and update the leaderboard post.

How do you see your savegame going forward? And whats your plan with this challenge when FM17 comes out?

i am going to be playing this until January thats when i buy the game normally because past 3 years its been 50% off in January.

well hopefully should be league champions within 3 seasons and champions league football next season so soon a i have done everything with Gateshead then i am moving on.

Club: Plymouth Argyle (English Championship)

This season started even worse. We lost a lot in the beginning and had a lot of ground to make up. But eventually we managed to win the league, just clear of Nottingham and QPR. I got the same amount of HOF-points as @toonbalmy87 this time, but our turnover in terms of transfers was nothing to speak about. Thanks to good financial control ,we still made just above 1M profits anyway.

Screenshots:

League table

Personal income

Finances

HOF-points

Season summary:

Personal income: 140K

Profit/loss: 1,192M

HOF-points: 76 (1,9M)

New chairman value: 10,688M

Trophies: Welsh League Cup, Welsh Premier League, Irish Premier League, Irish FAI Cup, English League Two, English League One, English Championship

My plans going forward, is to stay with Plymouth for one season in Premier League only. Then I will take as much profits out of the club as possible, and move to another league somewhere.

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

This was raised in the stories forum and the answer was you can eit for upto 30 mins after posting only. Nothing was mentioned about it changing though.

Thanks for letting me know @Bagpuss

But I have edited the post several times, as its intended to be a Leaderbord post to be updated when people makes progress. Strange that I have been able to edit before, but not now...

3 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Club: Plymouth Argyle (English Championship)

This season started even worse. We lost a lot in the beginning and had a lot of ground to make up. But eventually we managed to win the league, just clear of Nottingham and QPR. I got the same amount of HOF-points as @toonbalmy87 this time, but our turnover in terms of transfers was nothing to speak about. Thanks to good financial control ,we still made just above 1M profits anyway.

Screenshots:

League table

Personal income

Finances

HOF-points

Season summary:

Personal income: 140K

Profit/loss: 1,192M

HOF-points: 76 (1,9M)

New chairman value: 10,688M

Trophies: Welsh League Cup, Welsh Premier League, Irish Premier League, Irish FAI Cup, English League Two, English League One, English Championship

My plans going forward, is to stay with Plymouth for one season in Premier League only. Then I will take as much profits out of the club as possible, and move to another league somewhere.

any players in your squad who perhaps could be a leading player i just signed Coman from Juve :cool:

19 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Thanks for letting me know @Bagpuss

But I have edited the post several times, as its intended to be a Leaderbord post to be updated when people makes progress. Strange that I have been able to edit before, but not now...

Yeah turned out it was a recent change as i see you are alreayd aware off and its been reverted.

Amazing season @toonbalmy87 , huge profits and already into Play Offs for Champions League. Congrats man!!! If you ever leave Gateshead, am sure you will be a hero there for a long time, but you can choose a lot of good teams now with a value of almost 100M...

Incredible career.

My season is not going so well. I will be happy to keep Plymouth in Premier League the first season,  as my signings are nowhere near as good as yours @toonbalmy87

But no matter what happen, I will move clubs after the first season with Plymouth. Take the money and leave for a club in a different country.

Incredible career.

My season is not going so well. I will be happy to keep Plymouth in Premier League the first season,  as my signings are nowhere near as good as yours @toonbalmy87

But no matter what happen, I will move clubs after the first season with Plymouth. Take the money and leave for a club in a different country.

top two clubs in chile are only in the 20 million mark so i think ill go there or psv

Incredible career.

Young kid i got from Croatia who i paid 100k for is now worth£45 Million 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, toonbalmy87 said:

New update computer has died so when i get a new one ill start again but on new game:mad::(

Sad to hear that. Hope you will get a new savegame going soon @toonbalmy87

I have bought FM17, and have stopped my game as well. I will start a new one later on FM17, but first I will familiarize myself with the new game.

Archived