[FM16] More than Malé: a Youth-Only challenge in the Maldives

The_Gato_In_Goal

2023 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Mohamed Ibrahim - Our fantastic captain is getting on now in age, but I'm hoping he can rub off on some of the younger players before he retires.

Ahmed Rasheed (04a) - Another strong year. He doesn't have the greatest stats, but always produces. Will have to fight for his place next year with Ahmed Zahir (08d), so we'll see how that turns out.

Abdulla Rasheed (02d) - Same as last year he got goals and assists. Again, not one of our highest rated players, but he does what's needed and is a club legend.

How was the season?

We were able to defend our title again and this save is now getting to the point where domestically, we should be winning everything quite easily. Even though we got to the semi finals of the Asian Confederation Cup, the champions league is still out of reach because we're nowhere near the level of some Korean/Australian/Chinese sides obviously. The intake this tear was AMAZING however, so once those players develop, maybe we can start to improve in Asia. So for next year, I'm hoping to get knocked out of the champions league and then better our semi final appearance in the ACC.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, yatesiboi37 said:

You are flying through this Gato. Very impressed. How is the Maldives national team doing? Do they play many games?

7NPaYXi.png

There's the last year schedule. The only ever success they had is making it to the Asian Cup in 2019. I will take over the national team at one point farther along in the save and look to win stuff with them.

23 minutes ago, Sir_Liam said:

An impressive Confederations Cup run, and an incredible youth intake.  Did you get much prize or TV money from the Confed Cup run?

Not much prize money (100k in total I think). But I made 600k last year in total, so not too big of a deal with the prize money.

Youth Intake - 2024

hAyVMpC.png?1

Another great player that I don't understand how we get them. Ahmed Ibrahim and the other 2 give us the 7th or so quality striker, so I'll look for other positions soon :p

But, professional, pacy, good finishing, I think Ibrahim could destroy the league as a poacher, so might have to change tactics to accommodate.

kewG47i.png?1

1q3CRsw.png?1

m1VTzig.png?1

B0FyO7m.png?1

On 7/29/2016 at 01:37, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Youth Intake - 2023

Literally everything that could be going right is going right this season. Easily our best intake yet, and it has a star striker :D

b9PNpLt.png?1

I tagged so many players that I will gives you links to them this time.

08a

08b

08c

08d

08e

08f

08g

08h

08i

08j

Nice start to the challenge here - and this intake is incredibly good for the Maldives. Congrats on the Confed Cup run too.

2024 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Mohamed Ibrahim - Still going strong, but starting to be phased out by youngsters.

Ahmed Rasheed (04a) - One of our lower rated CMs now, but still performs like the best.

Mohamed Rasheed (01a) - Happy that our first youth player still is important to the club. He had his best season in a few years.

How was the season?

Not able to go undefeated in the league because every time there are international games half my squad is unavailable for the league games. Literally we beat New Radiant 4-0 and then next game lost to them 1-0.

Don't talk to me about Asia.

Finances are around 1M now, I've been storing up to turn professional. 2 or 3 good Asia runs should get us enough money.

So I want to not fail in Asia next year and go undefeated.

I got a crash, but luckily I saved before the Al-Faisaly game. I replayed that match until I got a 4-2 win and played Naft Tehran as normal.

kd0wfij.png?1

The one game we deserved to win, we manage to get 3 CCC and 3 HC and still manage to not score and lose to their "cool-finishing"

One to the ACC group stages then.

gaj7Ow2.png?1

That was a lot less close than I thought it would be. We came out strong and finished our chances and then shut up shop and rode out the win for the 2nd half.

Xoxxa8s.png?1

And that's what we were in it for, it puts us closer to turning pro. (Anyone know how much money the board wants in finances before going pro?)

2025 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Adam Nasheed (06c) and Ahmed Ali (08b) - Both wingers who create an insane amount of goals for each other and for our 3 strikers. Stats don't lie in saying 2/3 of our goals were from crosses.

Haidhar Ahmed (08a) and Ahmed Ibrahim (09a) - 2 great strikers that complement each other superbly. Both finished the season with great scoring records and even though both were injured for a bit, they played the majority of our games.

How was the season?

Well we proved that we're better than the ACC and that we're still nowhere near ACL level. A great season domestically even though we fell apart at the end of the year and ruined our perfect record.

Also, I'd like to give a farewell to club captain Mohamed Ibrahim. He was there at the begginning and was the only bright spot in our side for many years. His 19 leadership made him a crucial part of our side and it was disappointing in the manner he left the club :(

A week before the ACC finals he came to me saying that he wanted a new challenge. I told him the trophies he'd win with us was the most valuable thing and tried to tempt him with a pay raise, but he wasn't buying it. I would have loved to keep him at least one more year for his testimonial, but I decided it was better to let him leave the club than pissing him off because you don't want your captain mad before an important cup final. I really wish he'd stuck around to lift the ACC as captain, but if he didn't want that then I have nothing to say for him.

Here's his history with us.

zQHKczK.png

Ahh, the frustration when you lose your star player for nothing :(

At least in China if I lose my players it's likely to be for a good amount of money!

wjsMZXE.png?1

Good result, but can I take time to rant about fixture congestion. We had a stretch of 5 games in 79 days and then immediately 5 games in the next 13 days. I know there's are reason for this, but when you have all your players missing games for international call ups and you have to deal with this as a semi-pro side...

EDIT: I had to play the President's Cup final with 8 of my first team players travelling on international duty!  It's ridiculous.

Youth Intake - 2026

Yvkfvu0.png?1

Guess what, a GK WHICH WE ALREADY HAVE 4 GREAT ONES IN OUR SQUAD WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE GKS SO STOP GIVING ME THEM GAMES. Oh, and a pretty good striker. Not a replacement for Ibrahim unfortunately, but I was looking for a striker with decent creative attributes to link up the other 2 strikers, so I'm happy with the other Ibrahim.

EDIT: I knew I needed the link up play. We won our first 3 games with him in them 6-0, 5-0, and 9-1.

ysj8AcU.png?1

9oVsrJc.png?1

2SxwlBf.png?1

2026 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Haidhar Ahmed (08a) - Stepped up and had an outstanding season to cope with the departure of Ahmed Ibrahim (09a). Him and Hussain Ibrahim (10a) should be a good enough replacement for next year.

Adam Nasheed (06c) - So many assists and a few goals. Wingers are so important in our formation and I'm so happy to have decent ones.

Ahmed Ali (08b) - See above.

How was the season?

Finally we had an undefeated season! Now next year we try and go unbeaten in the league. We won the ACC again and I'll be looking to at east make it to the group stages of the ACL next year. Finances stand at just over 2M now, so it can't be too long until we go professional. Funnily enough, we have a transfer budget of 1.4M, but we can't even offer anyone a full-time deal :p

Archived