[FM16] Fiorentin-o? Never heard of them! A copycat youth challenge

smp20

This might be a silly queston, but have you gt FM set so that it auto uploads updates?

I know it's unlikely, but it soulnds like you are trying to load a game that has a different database, which might be correct if you were still working of the original database and the others are working off the Winter one. The other option of course os that the update has happened, but you chose to start the game with the old database for some reason.

I'm not sure :eek: Do you know where I can check?

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure :eek: Do you know where I can check?

No expert but maybe here?

7cd4b78b98db9acfa93341cacdef3761.png

The current version may be different as you started on a previous patch, but the m.e. should be the same.

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Youth Intake 2024

eb3cb05b003408590e9366e21e93379a.png

It doesn't look that great, but we have one potential star and another player who I believe is better than the rating given (at least I hope his potential is better!)

d7ee45b42dd0a67df616ee4f03484cd1.png

Mazza is a quality addition and I can see him being our RPM for years to come. Interesting that his potential isn't 5 star, it would have been not so long ago. He has some low mental attributes which I hope we can develop quickly.

4c41835a7578eee5b5e24e2f05acad2f.png

Given our lack of quality at right back (Paolo Bugli 19E is our first choice) I think Zafferani is a player who could make it into the first team rather quickly. I just hope the assistant is wrong about his potential, but either way he is good enough.

I am actually pretty pleased with the intake, 2 players in positions that we need.

984081ca6da5abfa748bd16bc364652d.png

205b9708db09ca296a0d91178ffd8a25.png

I love it when you get a news item like this. I started training Morganti as an AMC but I changed my mind and trained him as a DMC. He spent a couple of years in the U19s and became natural in his new position and has really developed in his first full season in the first team. The news item is just the icing on the cake :)

Profile at start of youth intake

That's some massive development for Morganti! 16 passing :applause:

Yeah he's really come on, I'm so glad I changed my mind and trained him as a DM as he's been ace there. He hasn't got the right attributes to play the shadow striker in my system so would have been wasted.

651e37eb6e35560f94d5126f0021d03d.png

Terenzi beats a long standing goalscoring record :)

bac6f2d8569ea6ffacd565c9365017a2.png

But minutes after he is stretchered off. I just hope he's back in time for the CL Qualifying games.

d117c067fa0ba00d5773406b2ceddbab.png

League Table ~ Champions Playoff ~ San Marino Cup ~ Facilities ~ Finances

A quick update from me as I am getting ready for a day of Euro football :) This was a season of real domestic domination, we won every single game! We are spending a load of money on facility upgrades yet again, overall our facilities are looking very good. I wonder if we will ever be able to improve our youth recruitment?

I will be doing a squad analysis update soon, taken loads of screenshots of my team.

Your doing fantastic with these mate. Out of interest could I see your tactics?

Have you used the same from the outset or have you had to change them depending on what players come through your youth system?

Cheers Ashton. I've kept the same tactic all the way through (and on many saves before this one). Here it is:

b425a189dfd316463545df3d35c30d09.png

59cc5f88c37b83d7d7f9e8f144fb3fd8.png

845d85a2dfe3aba5375765c0f9d983e0.png

What a draw :O a real good chance of progressing into the 3rd qualifying round!

aa72f797efb3746de69a05688f2043f9.png

Two weeks before the tie, just in time to get him back to full fitness :)

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Squad Analysis End of 2023/24 Season

Goalkeepers

7W2d822.png

Stefanelli 22B ~ Conti 23A

We have two good young keepers in Stefanelli and Conti while Sebastiani is good enough as an emergency keeper. Rosti, who was first choice for 2 seasons previously, is leaving at the end of the season. Although Stefanelli is currently first choice, I can see Conti overtaking him this coming season

Right Backs

Zsy3loq.png

Bugli 19E ~ Zafferani 24B

Right back has been a weak area for us for several seasons. Currently Bugli has been filling in and doing well, but the addition of Zafferani will give him stern competition. Zafferani's Potential in his reports has lept from 2.5* to 4* which is great news as he is likely to take Bugli's place in the team.

Left Backs

0c7MBXB.png

Casadei 19A ~ Stefanelli 23B

Left back is a very different story to right back. Casadei has been a great performer over the past few seasons for us and he has a great understudy in Marcello Stefanelli.

Centre Backs

n6HV5lZ.png

Giardi 22A ~ Ciacci 19B ~ Rinaldi 20B

Centre back used to be one of our strongest areas but as the rest of the squad has improved it has been left a little bit behind in recent intakes. Giardi is our clear best centre back, while his partner is either Ciacci for his aerial ability or Rinaldi for his pace. Both have some clear weaknesses, but are decent enough. I will be clearing out the deadwood in this position.

Defensive Mids

p9P5iX3.png

Morganti 21A ~ Lividini 17A ~ Mazza 24A ~ Vallone 21D

An area where we have both depth and potential. Club captain Lividini is a good all rounder and has made nearly 250 appearances for us already. Morganti has emerged as a key player this season, while Mazza will add a fantastic option for next season. Eventually, Lividini may lose his place. Vallone is a good backup option, while several DMs will be leaving very soon.

Right Mids

a8NqbHk.png

Fiorini 19A ~ Carbonari 23C

Fiorini is our 2nd best player and is a key creator and scorer. While Tedenzi was out injured Fiorini went on to match his goalscoring record of 24 league goals in 20 games - an incredible amount for a wide midfielder. Carbonari is a good understudy to have as well.

Left Mids

BkX6956.png

Colonna 16A ~ Fiorini 23D

Unfortunately I missed the left mids when I took the screenshots so its a few weeks later and without the 23/24 player stats. Colonna was the star player from our very first intake and he is our all time appearance holder. He still performs very well, even in Europe, but his technical atts are terrible and I can see Fiorini becoming first choice next season, he was taking over towards the end of last season somewhat already.

Attacking Mids

25jzgHY.png

Muhammad Ali 22C ~ Casadei 20C

OK yes, it had to be done, he was renamed Muhammad Ali. Thanks to his brilliant name, rapid development (professional personality) and some great performances he has become one of my favourites :). Casadei is an okay second choice and we have a host of average prospects here.

Strikers

vkx5UOl.png

Terenzi 20A ~ Brunetti 16B ~ Michelotti 22D

Here he is, the star man! Terenzi has scored crucial goals in Europe and broke the scoring record this season, 24 in 17, before unfortunately getting a serious injury. Brunetti has been a great goalscorer in his absence and I've just noticed that he is now a model professional! The first at the club. Michelotti spent the season out on loan and was the leagues 3rd top scorer behind Terenzi and Fiorini. He will be in the first team squad next season being tutored by Brunetti.

The moment to forget is a win, very impressive!

Do you use this tactic both at domestic and international games?

Thanks :) Yes I use exactly the same for domestic and European games.

fab5f7bdf5c80b984dff8612e26b22bd.png

We won the first leg 4-2 away and just as well! We were picked off on the counter by Dundalk who almost sent us packing. We face Celtic in the 3rd qualifying round, a very tricky tie!

51af3be6408322bc83837dda1719184c.png

We kept it respectable but Celtic were just too strong for us. Europa League Play-off next got my fingers crossed for a good tie:

8a754862fb8ec858de28a32200b5f5a6.png

A tough side, but we could have faced Roma instead. After beating Olympiakos last year, we have a good record against Greek sides.

131c516aa59ad9b09526858b568acc63.png

Get in!!!! Matteo Fiorini was suspended so Carbonari started at right wing. It was a tightly contested game but AEK scored two quickfire goals in 76' & 79'. We didn't give up and just 3 minutes later the young Carbonari nodded it in to make it 2-1 and therefore put us through on away goals :)

0e9ddfee34627567dfe3ebfe08adc2c7.png

As expected, a very tough group. It could end up the same way as last year, though we could get a result against Plzen.

Haha. Good spot. I haven't seen that before.

I've only just twigged what this meant :D yeah we won every league game by 2 or more, slim pickings for the moment to forget!

Love that. :applause:

Is he the only one and is he any good? Thinking of getting him back?

Here he is - as you can see he is not very good! Nevertheless, he made over 100 appearances for us and has now moved on to a new club. He scored 14 goals in 28 games on loan to San Giovanni :)

I have several players that went out on loan the last couple of seasons. Normally, they are not that great but still good for the division. The standard of the other teams is still really low, even though over half the teams are semi-pro now.

It's deadline day and I have a load of Austrian and Belgian clubs bidding peanuts for my players. I hope my chairman keeps calm about it...

It's Super Cup day and I am forced to play this team:

6e6d89760e8c3bc175c677bce58c8e79.png

Because everyone else is away on international duty! This happens every year, but not normally quite as bad as this.

Edit:

d5b6439df0bfe8cb3908e95742acf696.png

Nevermind!! We went 2-0 down, including a player we had released scoring against us for our bitter rivals. Somehow, we won the game 4-2 with mostly grey players...

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Europa League Campaign

a64b2e2e56d7580c476a13df8d9f1001.png

35258bc3af85a7e91c15e58e201fe4be.png

We picked up our first ever win in the group stages! :D As you can see from the report, it was far from easy. We went 2 up, then down to 10 men, they got one back and missed a penalty late on. Overall, a good showing in the group stages, we were only thrashed once.

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Youth Intake 2025

e3d7bb8b537c643d0414008ce168cda7.png

Absolute rubbish :( I suppose we were due a bad intake but I hope it doesn't become regular. I have signed the 5 players with more than 0.5* potential, but they're not worth tagging.

6bDOE5x.png

League Table ~ Champions Playoffs ~ San Marino Cup ~ Facilities ~ Finances

Complete dominance on the domestic scene, we conceded just 3 goals in the league and won the cup without letting any in. Most of the clubs in the league are now semi-professional and some clubs finally have players on semi-pro contracts rather than non-contract. I hope that the standard of the league improves over time, who knows maybe another team could win a game in Europe? Each year we are putting money towards facilities upgrades which are now "Good" and we have already spent £3.8m on the next load of upgrades.

JCGAm8C.png

We are now a 1.5* rep league :)

V7QwEhr.png

Up again in the club rankings.

yCvr9yV.png

:eek:This is really going to help the other teams in the division!

Improving at a good rate, both club and league wise!

Yeah seems like a nice upwards trajectory at the moment and it's had some good knock on effects, to come in the next update :)

Hi smp20

I posted this in Jupjamie's thread so thought I would post it here.

Do you mind if I make a tiny suggestion?

I don't know how good you are on Excel, but how do you feel about including a spreadsheet that will allow us to track your progress in certain areas as the save progresses year on year.

If interested, the areas I would love to see tracked, (and I'm sure I'm not alone), are as follows.

Facilities x4.

Club Rep.

Club ranking.

League Rep.

League ranking.

Continental competition progress.

League goal difference at end of season.

Finances at end of season.

Avg Attendance.

Nat Team Ranking at end of season.

It sound like a lot ow work, but actually you report on each and every one of those each season and once you have the sheet created, it would actually be less work.

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Champions League Qualifying 2025/26

Thanks to our rise in the nation and club co-efficients, it seems as though we are a better seed than before. In the 2nd qualifying game we were drawn against the winners of a 1st round tie which turned out to be Dudelange, the Luxembourger champions.

nHcTZ9y.png

The first European game we were out and out favourites for and we duly delivered in a 5-0 aggregate win. Next up we faced BATE, a team we had played and beat before.

Fnk5hdo.png

We manage to beat the Belorussian champions, they must really hate us! A one goal win in both ties was enough to put is into the CL Play-off. There were a host of teams we could ended up facing, I can't remember exactly who, but we were drawn the best tie possible against Malmo.

ozAc4Gm.png

We did it!!! Champions League football for the first time :D We got a narrow win at home and held on in the away leg to put us through.

JwyyzVQ.png

This amount of money is mouth-watering, it'll set us up for a few years at least.

EXZRWXA.png

As far as it goes, this is not a bad group. Zenit don't look great and Roma and Benfica are good sides but not powerhouses.

A7IVFcG.png

I've never seen such low odds to win the Champions League, but I'm still not tempted to put any money on us :p

Hi smp20

I posted this in Jupjamie's thread so thought I would post it here.

Yes looks like a great idea :) I think I could fill in most of the information retrospectively and then continue there on. Thanks for the feedback :thup:

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

Champions League Group Stage 2025/26

zsVGYC4.png

We started in style by getting a 1-1 draw away to the Russians, a first CL point! This was followed up by two big losses against Roma (6-1 at home) and Benfica (4-1 away), but we weren't bottom at the mid-point:

hmUdBrp.png

Ax4rRxd.png

Fast forward past the Benfica game where we were officially knocked out of the CL (2-0 home loss) to the Zenit home tie. Just incredible! A CL win and with it a place in the Europa League knockouts! I thought we had a chance to maybe pickup a home point against Zenit, never did I think we could draw away and win at home. And if that wasn't enough...

6oohSyy.png

An amazing result. There was nothing depending on it, we were guaranteed 3rd place and Roma already through, but a Sammarinese team beating an Italian one is really something to shout about. I have no idea how we won this, we were battered all game but our keeper Conti was out of this world. What a way to finish the campaign. Here's the results and table:

U5mlEaM.png

b1wds75.png

9LtzQdS.png

An insanely tough draw in Europa. Valencia won it in 2022, were runners up in 2021 and got to the CL Semis in 2023. Nevermind, it is just incredible to be in this position :D

It has been going unbelievably well! I have some decent players but nothing compared to the teams we have been facing. I'm just hoping we can keep our good fortune up...currently most of the squad are wanted by Austrian, Greek and Belgian clubs, hopefully we don't lose any. Terenzi has just signed a new 3 year deal on £3.8k a week.

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

First Golden Generation: Champions League Stats 2025

So I've decided to do a little feature post on our players that have got us to the Champions League and into the Europa League Knockouts. Unlike previous seasons, I've been fortunate with suspensions and injuries which has made a real difference. I've also been resting players in the league games before the CL on a rotational basis. You will notice that most players have started 8-10 league games, but we've actually played 13.

122e865c8221b26d9d46be4886d3a866.png

With the exception of the 2nd choice centre back, all players have managed an average rating above 7.0 in the Champions League. We have had two incredibly important players, Matteo Fiorini 18A and Federico Terenzi 20A

14ca205c639edea66b0657a51ebcb3af.png

We were always going to ship goals in the Champions League and Conti has been under a lot of pressure. He got clean sheets in both the Dudelange games, but didn't get another clean sheet until the final group game. Before this, he had some good games including an 8.0 rating in the first Benfica (1-4) game, showing how much pressure we were under! The final game against Roma he pulled off a world-class performance to keep a well deserved clean sheet against a superior Roma side. He has developed very nicely, it's hard to believe he is still a teenager!

878eac8784c07d2acb987e46a36ae6a3.png

Zafferani wasn't highly rated at first, but he has proved all his critics wrong. He has become the firm choice at right back and has been solid defensively and added support going forward. I imagine he is close to his full potential even at the young age of 18.

2b699168fdd0fda384f54e6831cf4cef.png

Giardi is our best centre back and adds good pace to our back line. As you'd expect when we're shipping in goals, his performance levels have fluctuated but being at over 7.0 average rating is good in this situation.

2e02d62252fe506acc5020f4a73fc9c2.png

Ciacci has just about edged Rinaldi as the 2nd centre back, but this is definitely the weak area of the team. Nonetheless, both Ciacci and Rinaldi can be proud of their contributions despite their shortcomings.

7b40ef90527e39a6369a350e41eb3d81.png

One of the 'experienced' players in the team at the age of 23, Casadei has been fantastic both defensively and as an attacking threat. He has 2 goals and 3 assists in the Champions League campaign, impressive for a left back!

393f7b52af15d6252f6b40365431baf3.png

Lividini is preferred to Morganti in the CL due to his experience and slight better defensive attributes. He may not be captain anymore (Muhammed Ali has taken the armband), but his experience and consistency has been crucial in our campaign.

b7faf636c7055f9a295c7f10907328b9.png

Alberto has been a revelation this season, developing quickly and becoming indispensable to the side. He may not have may goals or assists in the campaign (just 1 each), but he has had a pivotal role in starting our attacks, particularly on the counter.

a404b0164452a3c3c08fe16980180161.png

One word for Matteo's CL campaign: outstanding. He has scored very important goals (7) and assists (4) and has an average rating of nearly 8. His mental attributes are outstanding. I am sure that these performances will never be forgotten by the Fiorentino faithful.

c20f9688d4646aa65d2b253dd10ac1ec.png

Both our wings are filled by Fiorini's! Andrea has taken over Colonna as our first choice left midfielder and has been ever-present in the CL, putting in good performances throughout.

eba55f4035b1fdf41960ef6fac10e45d.png

Muhammad Ali. He's quick, brave, unpredictable and a great leader. He's been solid for us in attacking midfield, particularly important in our high pressing game. Although he hasn't scored and only has one assist, he is a very important player for us.

62cf1bac5b8bd8ba154a879ef5e8ef66.png

Terenzi is the best striker to have come out of San Marino! He has scored 8 goals and set up 4 for his team-mates. He's just an outstanding player and we are very lucky to still have him!

Very interesting look at your squad. That's actually a pretty strong team, some of those players are really solid (I especially like the look of your keeper). Out of interest, how do you train your players?

Although we lack depth in quality beyond the first 11 (with the exception of one or two areas) I think this team is very solid indeed. Generally, players are trained in their roles. Terenzi is the exception, he has been trained in quickness since day 1. Oh and Conti (keeper) has been trained in positioning for some periods too.

Archived