The use of Inverted Wing Backs

I've always been scared to experiment with Inverted Wing Backs but the role does sound interesting to me. I'm very curious to know how they can be implemented usefully and how to make the most of them? What tactical system would they best fit into?

Well when you consider how Pep uses his fullbacks, they're playing as auxiliary CM's when Bayern have possession. I don't really see much difference from normal wingbacks to inverted ones positionally, they're just different with the ball are their feet. I come closer when I use a normal fullback-support with sit narrower & hold position instructions. But still nothing like what Pep uses, If I want anything like that I'll sacrifice defensive shape and just put the fullbacks at DM with 1 central DM. Helps the possession shape but upsets the defending shape.

Well when you consider how Pep uses his fullbacks, they're playing as auxiliary CM's when Bayern have possession. I don't really see much difference from normal wingbacks to inverted ones positionally, they're just different with the ball are their feet. I come closer when I use a normal fullback-support with sit narrower & hold position instructions. But still nothing like what Pep uses, If I want anything like that I'll sacrifice defensive shape and just put the fullbacks at DM with 1 central DM. Helps the possession shape but upsets the defending shape.

i guess you can do that and use manuel marking on the opposiot wingers?

Archived