How important is backroom staff for youth?

therealpete

As the title suggests.. just curious how many people actively seek out youth coaches/physios. On my Arsenal save my U18s have 7 staff on the coaching side but im not entirely sure how those staff impact the youths development. Not to mention for smaller sides that have a lesser balance the coaches payroll could be taxing is the dividends of growing youth players isnt realized.

As the title suggests.. just curious how many people actively seek out youth coaches/physios. On my Arsenal save my U18s have 7 staff on the coaching side but im not entirely sure how those staff impact the youths development. Not to mention for smaller sides that have a lesser balance the coaches payroll could be taxing is the dividends of growing youth players isnt realized.

I cannot stress how important staff (quantity and quality) is on Youth Development. In particular a HoYD's mentality is likely to rub off onto your NewGens (thus affecting how they reach their potential).

It is not possible to develop great Newgens without youth coaching/scouting

I think this is a great question.

What kind of things do people look for in youth staff then?

Obviously if you are looking for a u21/u18 manager you look for manager traits (motivation, man management, determination, JPA, JPP, Tactical Knowledge and Working with youngsters) but do you have to settle for lower stats because you can't attract those with better stats to drop to a youth role?

With the coaches i tend to go for as many stars as possible regardless of working with youth as long as it is "reasonable" (10+) , that way they may not be great with kids but they are not bad...however they ARE excellent coaches.

Then with the managment duo ( manager and assistant ) i always make sure the manager has high tactical ability and working with youngsters ( i assume in my own head with no evidence to back it up ) that way he can "handle" the kids which is his job and in matches etc he is keeping the tactics right and helping them to "play the right way" .

That is my theory and as i say i have no hard evidence it works although i can say i always churn out great youth and have successful teams , i don't know if that is through my scouting and the lads would come great anyway or is that through my coaching system :D

If i remember right, the prefered formation of the HOYD also influences the newgens possible positions?

Im pretty sure i heard that a while ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does as his mentality definitely influences the players personality when getting an intake.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived