FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimbowmanuk, not a bad sacking once again three times in a row!:( So, what are the problems on being sacked? Are you continue the challenge or give up?

I think my main problem was not finding a good striker until the January transfer window, I got a kid on loan from A.C. Milan and he started scoring loads of goals. I'm going to persist with it though. I know once the 1st season is out the way I should be in a more comfortable position. I've decided to start from scratch again and holiday through so I'm getting a fresh perspective and not the same personel or players.

One question, is it ok to use fake players names options?

Ok here we go again, I decided to use the fake player names option(I hope this is ok?), also I used the original database and not the winter update one when starting the game. I still had to holday 2 seasons to get them to appear but we are predicted to finish 16th which is already an improvement. So without further ado say hello to San Marino's new manager:

Questa Volta

Italian translation meaning This Time

9TiWOTE.png

San Marino - 2017/18 - Season 1

Average Attendance :- 499

Season Tickets :- 169

Predicted finish :- 16th

Well after 3 previous attempts I have managed to make it through a whole season, and what a season it was. Firstly I'll apologise if I haven't got all the information up, I have been absent from the forums for a couple of years and haven't written an end of seaosn report in while so I'm a bit rusty.

Serie C Cup

I'll start with the Serie C cup, we didn't progress through the group stage. After a stunning 3-1 victory in our 1st match we succumbed to a 1-0 defeat in the second despite dominating the whole match we only managed 2 shots on target and I believe this impotency cost us dearly.

Cup Group

Cup Fixtures

Serie C/B

I think the decision to use the original database and not the winter update one was the turning point in my fortunes, there was a lot of different teams in the league than I had experienced before which was nice to see. We were predicted to finish 16th in the league and the chairman had set me the task of not getting drawn into a relegation battle. After losing the 1st game away to Siena we then won 4 on the bounce and I thought for a small moment that we may have a chance at promotion. We kept up the good results for the 1st half of the year and I knew we had enough points to avoid relegation based on previous experience. By the time Christmas came around we were sitting in a good position, so good infact that the Chairman decided to start talks on my new contract. I signed the new contract straight away and then things went a bit sour. After that we only managed to get 2 victories from our remaining 18 matches but the 1st half of the season we had done more than enough to secure safety and avoid the playoffs, finishing in 12th position.

League Table

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

Players

Impressed by a couple of my players and I'm expecting big things from some of the younger player next season

Player Stats

Best XI

Transfers

All the transfers were either free or loan with all 6 loaness featuring in the clubs Best XI for the season, I raided my senior affiliate Cesena for 4 loanees and they certainly made the difference. I decided at the moment not to retain them but I may bring them nack in if I cant get similar if not better players.

Transfer History

Youth Intake

A decent crop of players in with a couple that may get game time next season. The top two prospects both share the same name, fortunately I use a youth naming system so I wont get confused with them

Youth Intake(Original Names)

Youth Intake(Nicknames)

YP18A

YP18B

Any Other Business

Finances - pretty dire hoping to improve in the next couple of years

Summary

Really pleased how my 1st season went, a little disappointed that we fell apart in the 2nd half of the season though. Also I feel we should have done better in the Cup. I was not able to go on a coaching course as the Chairman was concerned that i was asking in the hope of moving to a bigger club.

Next season

Next season I'm hoping to be pushing towards the top end of the table and maybe even challenging for promotion, I already have a couple of youngsters lined up to sign, they were released by Serie A clubs but look good for my level.

I honestly think I could realisticly challenge for the Serie C Cup too.

I'll hopefully convince the chairman to let me do a coaching course as well.

Well done jimbowmanuk, persistence paid off!

The first time I tried on FM12, I got sacked and didn't attempt it again until the next year, where I just held on in my first season before I started posting, so kudos on the perseverance :)

First year out of the way and it looks good, second year will hopefully be better now that you have gotten yourself settled.

9TiWOTE.png

San Marino - 2018/19 - Season 2

Average Attendance :- 515(+16)

Season Tickets :- 176(+7)

Predicted finish :- 14th

Serie C Cup

Two very comfortable victories in the group saw us through to the next round, we recieved a bye to the 2nd round where we were paired with Parma, the gulf in class showed and also made me well aware that the team needed to be much stronger if we are to win promotion.

Cup Group

Cup Fixtures

Serie C/B

A great second season and we were picking up a lot more victories, We were sitting in 4th position with 7 games to go and I honeslty thought we were certain of the play-offs, unfortunately my next 4 games were against 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th in the league where I only managed to get 2 points, this was followed up by a 0-0 draw with the team that had just been relegated. Victory in my final 2 fixtures wasn't enough to secure the play-off so we ended up finishing 5th, one point away. This should give me a great chance of promotion next season.

League Table

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

Players

Some great performances again, mostly from the loan players brought in.

Player Stats

Best XI(Season)

Best XI(All Time)

Transfers

All the transfers were either free or loan again, I did make some money although I didn't want to. As I was discussing a professional contract with YP18A, Lazio decided to jump into negotians as well. This was only going to end one way and the tribunal decided I would be awarded £33,500 in compensation, I did recieve £12,000 when he got his 1st cap for San Marino though.

Transfers

Youth Intake

Not as good an intake as the previous year, only really YP19A showing anything worth noting.

Youth Intake(original Names)

Youth Intake(Nicknames)

YP19A

Any Other Business

Finances - Still Dire

International Caps - YP18D seems to have cemented a regular place with 3 others aall receiving their first caps

Summary

Delighted with the way the season went and some matches showed me we are still a little bit of class away from promotion

Next season

Next season is the one where we really push for promotion, I know where I need to strengthen but again may have to rely on loan players from the parent club as the board has limited me to my own youth academy due to lack of funds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season	| League	| Position	| Cup		| Round		|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2017/18	| Serie C/B	| 12th		| Serie C Cup	| Groups	|		
| 2018/19	| Serie C/B	| 5th		| Serie C Cup	| 2nd Round	|

9TiWOTE.png

San Marino – 2019/20 - Season 3

Average Attendance :- 511(-4)

Season Tickets :- 185(+9)

Predicted finish :- 11th

Serie C Cup

I didn’t enter the cup til the 1st round, and it took me extra time to overcome Sambenedettese despite dominating the game, the 2nd round saw us with a home tie against Lucchese a more cagey affair but we scored the only goal of the game. Foggia proved to be too strong for us and although we scored twice they were clinical running out 4-2 winners.

Cup Fixtures

Italian Cup

My first foray into the Italian Cup and my team created more than enough chances to run out easy winners unfortunately they were very inaccurate and we had to decide the match on penalties, unfortunately we lost and were out at the 1st hurdle.

Cup Fixtures

Serie C/B

I had high hopes for this season, and when we were 2-0 and cruising at half-time in our opening match I thought this is my year. However my team collapsed in that match and I had to rely on a last minute equaliser to seucre a draw. Results were very inconsisitent and soon we became a mid-table team with nowhere to go. Poor season all round improvements needed in the goalkeeper department should help next season.

League Table

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

Players

Lots of Loans again this season but the striker, Roberto Masiero, I picked up on a free was the best player in my opinion.

Player Stats

Best XI(Season)

Best XI(Overall)

Transfers

All frees or Loans again also released a lot of the deadwood.

Transfers

Youth Intake

We’ll just put this one down to a bad harvest.

Youth Intake(Nicknames)

Any Other Business

Dire

Finances

International Team

The San Marino U19s job became available, I applied and received the job. So far only played one friendly the team was made up mostly of my youth players.

San Marino U19s V Guam U19s

Summary

Poor season need to put this one behind me and hope for better next year

Next season

Need to tighten up at the back and create more chances for my star striker

| Season	| League	| Position	| Serie C Cup	| Italian Cup	|
| 2017/18	| Serie C/B	| 12th		| Groups	| N/A		|		
| 2018/19	| Serie C/B	| 5th		| 2nd Round	| N/A		|
| 2019/20	| Serie C/B	| 11th		| 3rd Round	| 1st Round 	|

I've hit a problem, I played a San Marino U19s match and got a player injured, now when I try and pick a replacement it wont let me confirm and says the squad has 11 players over the age of 19 but I cant withdraw them from the squad either.

ZMFSxLf.png

Any Suggestions?

I've hit a problem, I played a San Marino U19s match and got a player injured, now when I try and pick a replacement it wont let me confirm and says the squad has 11 players over the age of 19 but I cant withdraw them from the squad either.

ZMFSxLf.png

Any Suggestions?

holiday past the day

so my game was corrupt some how even though i saved it like normal i have a back up but its from when i just got in to serie A could start from there but its just a bummer and cant really be bothered again that may be my last game until the new fm comes out

so my game was corrupt some how even though i saved it like normal i have a back up but its from when i just got in to serie A could start from there but its just a bummer and cant really be bothered again that may be my last game until the new fm comes out

Thats a bit s**t, after all that work I cant blame you for not wanting to live it again.

I never thought of that, I just resigned from the position instead. I'll wait til the main job becomes available I think.
its happened to me a few times also with squad registration in champions league never press auto just goes completely wrong

That's a shame to hear Toon, 

I haven't been around much lately. I have just found a Basketball sim that has been taking up my in between time. 

Well done on your progress though Jimbowmanuk. Holidaying has saved me many a time on similar screens where I cannot progress. 

Apologies for the delay in my updates, I managed to get myself injured and end my season on the first day of Sunday league pre season :lol: Managed to get about 4 seasons done in my 2nd attempt now. I will upload my progress from the start over the weekend.

Jimbowmanuk

I would recommend downloading the Serie D database from the steam workshop and starting from the start in that league. I found that made it a lot easier to build your side in a weaker league.

2 hours ago, coady said:

Jimbowmanuk

I would recommend downloading the Serie D database from the steam workshop and starting from the start in that league. I found that made it a lot easier to build your side in a weaker league.

Where's the challenge in that? Anyway I won promotion last night but it was too late to write the season review so I'll do it later today when I've finished work.

9TiWOTE.png

San Marino – 2020/21 - Season 4

Season Tickets :- 201(+16)

Predicted finish :- 8th

Average Attendance :- 584(+73)

Serie C Cup

Two comfortable victories in the group saw us through with no dramas, dominated the 2nd round match but could not close out the match and lost on penalties

Cup Fixtures

Serie C/B

So after 4 seasons in Serie C/B I have finally managed to get them promoted, it was a close race most of the season with 4 teams swapping places constantly.  We were looking good for automatic promotion then a few slip ups here and there and suddenly top spot was too far away.  A great finish to the end of the season saw us finish in 2nd place and the play-offs beckoned.  A 4-1 victory in the quarter-final was followed up by a 5-2 agg score which was replicated in the final and we were PROMOTED!!!

League Table

League Fixtures 1

League Fixtures 2

Players

Loans and frees again this time bringing in a good goalkeeper who probably won us 12 points on his own.  I picked up a young striker on loan from Inter in January and he ousted Masiero out of the team, he was picked for the U-20s World Cup for Italy and I lost him for the play-offs, Masiero jumped at the chance to start and scored the majority of the goals in the promotion push.

Player Stats

Best XI(Season)

Best XI(Overall)

Transfers

All frees or Loans again also released a lot of the deadwood.

Transfers

Youth Intake

Second year in a row of nothing worth noting

Youth Intake(Nicknames)

Any Other Business

Finances were still bad but promotion should hopefully put an end to that

Finances

Summary

A great season with my players starting to gel hopefully they aren’t too overwhelmed by the bigger league.  My only disappointment is that I never managed to win the Serie C Cup.

Next season

Survival.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season    | League    | Position    | Serie C Cup    | Italian Cup    | Notes        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2017/18    | Serie C/B    | 12th        | Groups    | N/A        |        |
| 2018/19    | Serie C/B    | 5th        | 2nd Round    | N/A        |        |
| 2019/20    | Serie C/B    | 11th        | 3rd Round    | 1st Round     |        |
| 2020/21    | Serie C/B    | 2nd        | 2nd Round    | N/A        | Promoted    |

[/CODE]

Italian Serie C_B_ Overview Profile.png

Italian Serie C_B_ Overview Stages.png

Questa Volta_  Inbox.png

Questa Volta_  Inbox-2.png

San Marino Youth Candidates_ Squad Players.png

San Marino Youth Candidates_ Squad Players-2.png

San Marino_  Senior Fixtures.png

San Marino_  Senior Fixtures-2.png

San Marino_  Senior Fixtures-3.png

San Marino_  Transfer History.png

San Marino_ Finances Summary.png

San Marino_ History Best Eleven.png

San Marino_ History Best Eleven-2.png

San Marino_ Players Players.png

San Marino Challenge Second Attempt. Season 1 - Serie D Group D. 2015/16 season review.

Transfers

A busy start to the challenge as I put my stamp on the side and try to push for immediate promotion. Many familiar faces from the first attempt here, namely Raul Oprut on loan (who I sold for 39m in my 1st attempt) and GK Guiseppe Messina, who is an unbelievable goalkeeper anywhere below Serie A ( and a decent sub in that league too!) As you can see from the loan signings, my subs bench primarily consisted of parent club Cesena's less hopeful youngsters.

Competitions

Serie D - Despite Parma's incredible struggles, we managed to fall 14 points behind early pacesetters Forli by the time of the winter break. Thankfully, they had a shocking finish to the season, allowing our ever improving young team to snatch the league on goals scored. You can see how influential the final results were!

Youth Intake

No luck this time, a couple that may make the NT but nothing worth mentioning even for Serie C level next year.

News

As always, finances are dire so the loan/free markets will be essential again next season. I'm hoping for back to back promotions, so long as I can add quality loan additions to my base of 5/6 strong players.

National Team

I'm not managing them from the start this time after the game breaking bug last time out. They were awful in competitive games as always, with 0-0 friendly draws against Malta & Andorra the only positive results of any note.

San Marino Challenge Second Attempt. Season 2 - Serie C Group B. 2016/17 season review.

Transfers

A hugely important season for us, as getting straight to Serie B with loan/free signings would really help the financial crisis. On this list, free striker Falconieri alongside loan signings Eleuteri & Lombardo, were key to our season. As well as this long list, Youssef Maleh extended his loan for another season and was a star performer, playing a part in 15 goals during the league campaign.

Competitions

Serie C Cup - Came before the whole squad was together and fit and boy did it show. Terrible.

Serie C - Close but comfortable after the winter break. We switch from an AMC to a DMC this season having lost Oprut and looked far more assured defensively as a result. We were outscored by Teramo though, which annoyed me.

Serie C Super Cup - A great finish to a fantastic season.

Youth Intake

Again, not great. I thought this was terrible with nobody to pick out at the time. However, in the 2 years since one player has done okay and developed well.

Federico Giannini - Now at 18 years old, Giannini is almost as good as Mirko Palazzi the leading San Marino defender, with a little more potential to come. I'm sure he will now develop into an established Serie C defender.

News

Staying up is essential next season, but a mid-table finish and financial security would be lovely. Again, with the right use of the transfer market, this is entirely possible.

National Team

Much as you would have expected from them, with just one 2-0 victory against Andorra in an end of season friendly.

San Marino Challenge Second Attempt. Season 3 - Serie B. 2017/18 season review.

Transfers

A very cheap and cheerful window again. For those who followed my first attempt at the challenge, you'll already know who the key signing is. Goal Machine Ettore Mendicino joins us for this campaign... and he only goes and contributes 25 league goals in his first season! However, after a slow start to the season I knew I needed something else, so I raided the free agents for experienced stars. Barilla, Drame, Haggui & Marko Marin in particular were instrumental in our upturn in form after they reached match fitness in November.

Competitions

Italian Cup - We went out at the second hurdle here, again coming before our squad was really strong enough to compete

Serie B - After a slow start, our experienced signings started to turn things round for us, before we went on an assaulting romp to our third successive promotion!

Youth Intake

Finally one with good potential, coaches say good Serie A. I don't see it myself but has the right stats to be a threat.

Carmine Cicerchia - A good right winger with promising stats in key areas. I'm interested to see how he develops as I can't see him being as good as the coaches seem to think he might.

News

The financial boost from this unexpected promotion has allowed us to make improvements in all facility areas (bringing everything up to adequate level). This means the transfer budget took a hit though, so I'll have to target strong young players with instalment deals. I'll also need to keep the wage bill down for a year or two and keep exploiting the free agent market. I can assure you that staying up will be the only priority next season!

National Team

A solitary 1-0 victory in a friendly against Latvia, with the goal assisted by the country's new hero. The National Team manager starts him without fail.

San Marino Challenge Second Attempt. Season 4 - Serie A. 2018/19 season review.

Transfers

A big summer before going toe to toe with Italy's elite. We paid more in transfer instalment fees for young players, allowing us to keep wages down and improve future income. Oprut, Chiosa, Christie, Munoz, Franchini & Jozwiak are all potential top players under 25 years of age. This hopefully guarantees future progression for the club and a resale value in the market. We still had a few holes in the squad which required short-term, experienced fixes. These were found in the shape of Caballero, Clayton and Raggi. Only one gap remained, Mendicino would have to be our main striker for the season. Although unplanned, Inter offered us 2.5m for star player Marko Marin in the January window. With only 6 months left on his contract and at 30 years of age, we let him go. No player was on a contract of more than 7.5k per week.

Competitions

Italian Cup - With our squad together a bit earlier this season, we were able to take care of the early rounds. We went on a fantastic little run until penalty heartache struck!

Serie A - It was a scrap all season but a little run after Christmas kept us in the mix for survival until the very end. Did we do it?

Youth Intake

Nothing special I'm afraid. One decent NT prospect plus a couple of Serie C potential Italians.

Stefano Lonfernini - Could be a good anchor man, something a poor team always needs.

Youth Updates

Carmine Cicerchia - I apologise to my coaches now. He is going to be superb and has performed well on many occasions for club & country already!

News

After survival, the board announced a new 15,500 seater stadium, which will be ready in 2 years time. We also got an upgrade to youth facilities, youth recruitment and junior coaching. This should help the club drastically with upcoming youth intakes, making it far easier for us to produce quality HG players. As for next season, survival again is the main goal, but with our rapidly progressing young squad we should be aiming to make it far more comfortable this time around.

National Team

They are making headlines! 2 draws in the Nations league, followed by 2 home draws against Belarus & Latvia in European Championship Qualifying. Cicerchia also scored his first international goal in the Belarus game, in which Lonfernini also made his debut.

Do you ever get the feeling of Deja vu?

As we move into our 2nd Serie A campaign in good spirits and with a genuine improvement in our squad strength... wait, I spoke to soon. Deadline day comes and we receive an offer for our star performer Raul Oprut. Admittedly, the offer (after instalments) is big enough to pay off our upcoming new stadium, all facility upgrades and coaching improvements or everything we've spent on transfers this summer (including instalments). But it would have been nice to have been given the choice...

Daniel%20Coady_%20%20Inbox-25_zpsfvvhqi2

Daniel%20Coady_%20%20Inbox-24_zpsxdmf2md

San%20Marino_%20%20Clauses-2_zpsvvowulx1

9TiWOTE.png

San Marino – 2021/22 - Season 5

Season Tickets :- 337(+136)

Predicted finish :- 22nd

Average Attendance :- 1114(+530)

Serie B

Predicted to finish last, we gave it all we could but inevitably ended up relegated

Italian Serie B_ Overview Profile.png

San Marino_  Senior Fixtures.png

San Marino_  Senior Fixtures-2.png

Players

Some good performances all round but we just lacked the killer touch in some matches

Player Stats

San Marino_ Players Players.png

Best XI(Season)

San Marino_ History Best Eleven-2.png

Best XI(Overall)

San Marino_ History Best Eleven.png

Transfers

All frees or Loans again also YP18A was released from Lazio so I didn't hesitate in resigning him

Transfers

San Marino_  Transfer History.png

Youth Intake

A nice crop of youngsters with the best looking like he could be a 1st team regular very soon

Youth Intake

San Marino Youth Candidates_ Squad Players.png

YP22A

YP22A_ Overview Profile.png

Any Other Business

I don't know how I'm going to improve the Finances next season

Finances

San Marino_ Finances Summary.png

National Team

The San Marino Job became available, I applied and I received.  So far only 1 freindly played a narrow 3-2 defeat to the Cook Islands.

The draw for the European International League Division D has been made, not to bad a group but my eye was taken by the fact Scotland are also down in this division.

European International League Division D_ Overview Stages.png

Summary

A good experience if nothing else of what to really expect in Serie B.  Disappointed with the cup result though.

Next season

I'm going to try and win The league and Serie C Cup double.

San Marino Challenge Second Attempt. Season 5 - Serie A. 2019-20 Season Review

Our second year in Serie A, with the loss of our key man Raul Oprut for an initial 23.5m (rising to 37m). Could we reinvest wisely and continue our progress?

Club Transfers

My aim was to spend little more than the money brought in if possible, while aiming to sign young hungry first team players on lower wages. Even if the transfer fee is bigger, they have to be profitable in the future. I replaced Oprut with transfer listed wonderkid Luiz Jimenez for 1.7m, who looks like a ridiculous talent. He'll also become HG at the club, if he stays long enough for that to matter in the future. I also paid bigger for Esposito (now a wonderkid striker), Gasperoni (CM), Matino (RB) & Bartolelli (GK). These 4 are all Italian U21 internationals with massive potential, so I have to thank my scouting team for their work here. Most of the rest were cheap squad players with versatility where possible. With regards to outgoings, Pescara hired one of our former Italian coaches who took a liking to our young back-up players on deadline day. Otherwise just a few squad players and youngsters moved on.

Competitions

Italian Cup - Despite my best efforts to get knocked out after the first 2 rounds, with 10/11 changes for every game, we made a superb run to the final including a  stunning win against Napoli!

Serie A - The spirit of Leicester was evident for much of the season as we grossly over-achieved with the 2nd lowest wage bill in the league. We held on for the last Champions League space... which may have just ruined my career.

Youth Intake

A new HoYD brings a change of fortune, a quite sublime intake for the first time at the fifth attempt. We have 3 standouts and 2 other good players, with a couple that may help the NT eventually too.

Massimo Venturi - An excellent striker who immediately gets a chance at 2nd choice. Just look at his performances when given the chance! I have such high hopes for this lad, shame he's Italian really.

Mirco Colombini - An excellent, versatile young player. Unfortunately he is DN and not capped yet, and is also very badly injury prone. If he gets near his potential he'll be top class.

Nicolo Ferretti - This lad is Sammarinese only, and a coup for the NT. He's my type of player, Great on the ball and has pace in abundance. I will look to get him off the bench as often as possible in first team games.

Lucio Colonna - A decent right sided player, with top Serie B potential. Another one who's prone to an injury or two though.

Michele Mustich -  Again versatile and solid, may become a squad player at a push.

Youth Updates

Carmine Cicerchia - How wrong was I about this lad, such a good impact player and rapidly improving. Brilliant!

Stefano Lonfernini - A decent player who's done well out on loan, a NT regular already.

National Team

They've done okay actually. They won the reverse fixture at Latvia to finish above them in Euro Qualifying. They also beat Andorra 3-2 in a friendly on Ferretti's debut.

News

With our new stadium now just 1 season away, the Oprut transfer has allowed us to improve every other aspect of the club. We're starting catch the rest of the division off the pitch now. I was going to say I hope we can be solid in the top half next season with our young team ever improving, but I've started the season already and it's a complete disaster. So I'll dedicate a post to that shortly, recovery is what I'll aim for now, with that in mind.

My First Ever Full Crisis & Dressing Room Revolt

Despite the elevated finish to last season and just a few subtle squad improvements, the extra pressure and games have caused chaos at the club. I must admit though, things weren't helped by our first choice GK and all 3 starting midfielders coming back from the Olympics shattered after missing pre-season!

After a testing start to the season, I encountered this meeting.

San%20Marino_%20%20Team%20Meeting_zpsyve

I got a good outcome from this meeting with all players endeavouring to improve. Unfortunately, we just haven't.

Serie%20A_%20Overview%20Profile-4_zpsmyt

I've organised friendlies against 2 minnows in the international break to try and help morale and confidence, but I fear we're in big, big trouble this season. I now have one of my only 2 big summer signings out for 9 weeks too, sending me rushing to the less than impressive free agent market at the start of November. If I wasn't the only Club Legend in their history & loved by the board for my profiting transfer philosophy, I think I'd be very close to the sack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had jumped in early in this version, but I wound up not getting going on my save... 

Well, I just decided to start a new, extremely long-term save with San Marino done as a youth challenge.  MY new laptop had a battery problem and it wound up being on recall, so I had to start a new save in the meantime.  I decided I'm just going to play this new save (and my other long-term save) for the foreseeable future.  FM17 was going to be a late purchase for me anyway, and I've seen how much enjoyment people have gotten out of their San Marino saves, years in a lot of cases.

Makoto Nakamura's thread was an inspiration, and while I'm not doing it in the Sammarinese league as he did, I am doing it as a full youth challenge.  Once I've completed the Serie A / Champions League portion of the challenge I may open it up to where I can sign anyone eligible for the national team at that point, but for at least the first few decades it will be as a full youth challenge.

I update every fixture on my Twitter account @FM_Champions and my blog is at fmchampions.com where I'll be doing cross-posted updates from my updates here.

Big thanks to @Jimbokav1971 and @leonavich for their many updates and for keeping this challenge so prominent for so long after Ter stopped.  @Makoto Nakamura thanks for your dedication as well, I think you all helped me find my save for the next two years at least. :)  

I'm throwing in many of the side challenges like the "Danny Roberts Challenge" and even though I've never attempted to score with keepers before, I'll be giving the "Big Fat GK" challenge a shot as well.  I'll be doing "Neppo's Youth Player Project" but more as a feature on my blog, as well as "Ackter's Longevity Challenge" and of course, "The Youth Academy Challenge."

I wanted the most challenging save I could get, and I think I am already in love (I just got my first competitive win in the third game in the Lega Pro Girone B, was a huge underdog to L'Aquila and stomped them 4-0 at their ground!)  Thank you all for sharing your San Marino adventures and I'm sorry I didn't really get started on mine until now. I hope some of you are still playing and updating! :D

Finally, here's my manager screenshot on June 30, 2017, you'll remember me from earlier in the thread because I modeled my manager character after Tony Soprano with the Italian theme. :D

Anthony Soprano_ My Profile Profile.png

On 8/29/2016 at 15:52, JZenko10 said:

It doesnt let me manage san marino :(

They are unplayable at the start, you have to holiday as is explained in the first or second post of the thread.  

Luckily, there are save files in those posts as well, if you don't wish to holiday -- as you'll have to holiday for TWO seasons to get San Marino up.  (Parma's reputation has them come up nearly 100% of the time in the first season.)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the shoutout @jaysdailydose

I haven't been around or played FM too much as of late. 

I recently finished the 2049 season, finishing 4th. We struggled quite a bit but we are finally moving on from the effects of the £2b bug. 

We played in the Confederations cup but lost in the third placed playoff to Mexico 2-0 after being beaten 5-2 by Argentina in the Semi-Finals.

Luciano Canini, our Goalkeeper is currently on 159 career goals and is 34 years of age. 

Mario Dini has finally retired at the age of 39 and has 235 International Caps. He has now moved into a coaching role with club. He will soon be surpassed by Frederico Ceccoli who is 37 (235), and Luciano Canini who is 34 (225).

Giacomo Breakenridge currently has 209 All Time appearances for his club, scoring 88 times at just 19 years of age. He is currently capped 65 times with 48 goals at international level.

16 hours ago, leonavich said:

Thanks for the shoutout @jaysdailydose

I haven't been around or played FM too much as of late. 

I recently finished the 2049 season, finishing 4th. We struggled quite a bit but we are finally moving on from the effects of the £2b bug. 

We played in the Confederations cup but lost in the third placed playoff to Mexico 2-0 after being beaten 5-2 by Argentina in the Semi-Finals.

Luciano Canini, our Goalkeeper is currently on 159 career goals and is 34 years of age. 

Mario Dini has finally retired at the age of 39 and has 235 International Caps. He has now moved into a coaching role with club. He will soon be surpassed by Frederico Ceccoli who is 37 (235), and Luciano Canini who is 34 (225).

Giacomo Breakenridge currently has 209 All Time appearances for his club, scoring 88 times at just 19 years of age. He is currently capped 65 times with 48 goals at international level.

I haven't brought my save over to my new machine on the cloud yet, and I may re-do it anyways, as I'm making FM16 a late purchase.  I'm not sure I want to proceed with it as a Youth Challenge, even though I was doing very well in my first season. (I think I'm currently in 8th with 7 fixtures to go.)

I have followed you and Jimbo's saves for a while without much comment, so thanks for the response! :D

• 2 months later...

Hi! i have started the Challenge a few months ago (in June, nterrupted some times, but now it's my priority) and decide share my story because, in my third season, I win the Serie C/B with the San Marino Calcio (last night, 4.30 am and with a exam today). In 2019 San Marino is promoted to Serie C/B, first season was 11° and second was 9°. In National Team the current ránking is 155°, 2 wins in the Nations League against Malta, 2 draws in the Qualy against Lituania and 3 wins in friendlys (Macao, Tahiti and Andorra, I lost against British Virgin Islands, sorry :( )
I don't know if the Challenge is still open, but the happiness motivated me to share this achievement with you :D

p.s.: Sorry my neardenthal english, I'm from Chile :/

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

42 minutes ago, solodireeso said:

Hi! i have started the Challenge a few months ago (in June, nterrupted some times, but now it's my priority) and decide share my story because, in my third season, I win the Serie C/B with the San Marino Calcio (last night, 4.30 am and with a exam today). In 2019 San Marino is promoted to Serie C/B, first season was 11° and second was 9°. In National Team the current ránking is 155°, 2 wins in the Nations League against Malta, 2 draws in the Qualy against Lituania and 3 wins in friendlys (Macao, Tahiti and Andorra, I lost against British Virgin Islands, sorry :( )
I don't know if the Challenge is still open, but the happiness motivated me to share this achievement with you :D

p.s.: Sorry my neardenthal english, I'm from Chile :/

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

I love the fact that you kept playing to win the league despite the exam today. I hope you don't pay for that when its results time. 

Your English is excellent by the way so don't worry about that.

Hey, guys!

So I really wanna try this challenge, but there is a problem. When I create a manager profile (regardless of whether from the onset or adding one in an existing game file) I can't pick the team that I want to manage. This is not a problem exclusive to San Marino. It is regardless of what club I want. It seems like the only clubs I can pick are those where the manager position is vacant. That's kinda, well, stupid.

Can anybody help me out here? Is there some preference I've overlooked? Seriously, what is this??

8 hours ago, TheSluremus said:

Hey, guys!

So I really wanna try this challenge, but there is a problem. When I create a manager profile (regardless of whether from the onset or adding one in an existing game file) I can't pick the team that I want to manage. This is not a problem exclusive to San Marino. It is regardless of what club I want. It seems like the only clubs I can pick are those where the manager position is vacant. That's kinda, well, stupid.

Can anybody help me out here? Is there some preference I've overlooked? Seriously, what is this??

There is a setting when you are creating the game, in the "Advanced Options" at the bottom of the screen, that reads "Prevent teams which already have managers from being controlled."

You won't be able to pick San Marino from the start in either FM16 or FM17, regardless, but that is the setting that was preventing you from selecting several clubs.

I'm currently working on making a save file to do the San Marino challenge starting from Lega Pro Girone for FM17.  I know there's a posted San Marino challenge that has you start from Serie D, but that requires an outside league addon.

• 11 months later...

Archived