FM15 Small Club to Big Club Asian/African Challenge

int@afc_w.gifcaf.jpg

I did last years thread (under another name hoping the two merge in the next few days), Rancer has decided he does not want to do it this year so I will do it again.

The Aim: The rules are identical to the previous years.

And the same as many of the other challenges you must take a previously unplayable team to the top of the World.

THIS YEAR THE ASIAN LEAGUES HAVE DYNAMIC LEAGUE REPUTATION ALL CAN GET TO THE ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

So this year we have two options

Option 1 - Take a previously unplayable team from an African Nation to win the African Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup

Option 2 - Take a previously unplayable team from an Asian Nation and win this and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Getting Started:

[*]Start a new game

[*]Select any league combinations you want., I am allowing players to play this challenge as part of your career game (obviously, you will have to load at least one . However, you will have holiday one season in the league you want to manage in. You can even try my challenge in the future, however, you must have that league loaded from the start and you won't have to holiday a season.

[*]Enable Attribute masking

[*]Use fake players optional

[*]Your starting manager must be Sunday League Footballer or Automatic

[*]No coaching badges to start with

[*]International Management is allowed at any time

Rules

Not a lot:

[*]no cheating

[*]if you're sacked, holiday to the rest of the season and select a new club

[*]have fun

[*]please tell everyone you know about this challenge. It's fun

[*]Signing players – only players your able to scout or have offered by agents

Leagues and Reset Dates

This section will have a list of leagues to download to use for countries unplayable at the start of the game. It will also give a reset dates for these leagues. If you find a league not in here please let me know and I will get it in the list.

Hong Kong - July 31st

Final Words

Enjoy. Asia and Africa can be really fun places to manage, its always great fun to open up new areas. Please post and get involved as this another challenge that is a massive amount of fun. Any questions just ask.

Thanks ashton again for this year's challenge. :thup:

As I told you earlier, I'm more a career game person now, but if you ever read my threads, it's heavily Asia based. I won't participate, but I'll be here hoping for the best for everyone who does undertake this challenge. :)

Sacked - Citizen - 2015/16

football_56041.png

Well that did not go well. I could not string together any form of wins, in fairness we really did do ok we managed to perform well against numerous decent clubs. In the end it was never going to be enough. I was eventually sacked and I am now going to holiday until the reset date again and take over a new club.

Sacked

Table

End Of Season – Sun Source FC- Hong Kong Premier Division - 2016/17

16258_1.png

League Table – We were the most mid table of mid table teams. We were really never really under any threat of being relegated, nor were we under any real threat of finding ourselves in a relegation battle. It was just comfortable. I would say that for our first year in the Premier League it was a storming result.

Cups – We did ok, in the FA Cup we were literally a goal away from reaching the final which would have been an amazing achievement. In reality our performance in the initial legs caused the issues really. I would like to hope that next year we could repeat this.

Transfers – Right at the start of my tenure we were taken over by a consortium who plunged a lot of money into the club and gave me quite a lucrative budget. I indulged in it and purchased some of the brightest young stars in Hong Kong. I also purchased a couple of imports that we offered to me by agents. I would expect a few more to leave next year as I try to build my good young side.

Finances – As previously said helped by my consortium, really good for a club like ours.

Key Player Profiles:

Tam Ho Ting – Became a real rock for me this year. I use a lot of midfield players in any of my formations so he got a lot of game time and shown that he was worth it. Scores enough from his position for me, I was very pleased with him this year.

Brendan Beni – The Australian in my squad, another midfield player who has been brilliant for me this year. Perhaps a little more Defensive minded than Tam and perhaps a little more solid, I can certainly count on him to be reliable. I am not sure he will will have to many more years with us and he may have just had his peak year.

Li Ka Yiu – A player who I have been utilising down the right hand side. He has been superb for me all year long. I am amazed at how well he has done if I am totally honest. I think I have signed a new player for his position but with his form last year I cannot justify leaving him out. He was amazing

Career Overview

Season   Position   League                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  6th       Hong Kong Premier

Next Season

Well next year I like to hope that we could continue to push up the league table. I would like to finish in the top 5 in an ideal world. I would also like to have a deep run in one of the cup competitions. With a bit of luck with injuries and one or two new players coming in we wont be a million miles away from continental qualification.

End Of Season – Sun Source FC- Hong Kong Premier Division - 2017/178

16258_1.png

League Table – We were amazing from the start it the end of the season. I was amazed that some of the other clubs were unable to get a little closer to us. I was amazed at how quick we have gone from mid table to one of the better clubs in the league. I would hope that this continue next year as well.

Cups – We fantastic in the Supporters Shield and in the Asian Qualification. We did not do to well in the FA Cup but to record our first ever trophies was a good feeling.

Transfers – We were very busy throughout the season and tried to add a little more quality. Some of the trouble makers left this season and will continue to do over the summer.

Finances – Going a little worse than last year. I would hope some extra competition money for next year would help us.

Key Player Profiles:

Ng Ka Leung – Home grown youngster who I have really pushed into the first team and being the first man on the team sheet. I think he will be the player who will bring me into the title picture and will be with us for years.

Leung Ka Hai – Did ok for us this year he is a decent little player. I am not sure if he can cut it on the continent but he is decent at this level.

Li Ka Yiu – He had another great year for us. I am a little surprised at how well he continues to do and I would hope that continues into next year as well.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  6th       Hong Kong Premier
2017/18  2nd       Hong Kong Premier

Next Season

I think next year we have to get closer to the league title, we have to be a little better at not concede as many goals and moving some of those defeats into either draws or better wins. We also will play on the continent for the first time next year so that will be good, I would like to do well there as well.

"THIS YEAR THE ASIAN LEAGUES HAVE DYNAMIC LEAGUE REPUTATION ALL CAN GET TO THE ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE"

Is it true ? How do you know that?

It would be fantastic for players managing in lower Asia leagues :thup:

Oh i've just seen the Asia topic in the bug section ah ah.

"THIS YEAR THE ASIAN LEAGUES HAVE DYNAMIC LEAGUE REPUTATION ALL CAN GET TO THE ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE"

Is it true ? How do you know that?

It would be fantastic for players managing in lower Asia leagues :thup:

Oh i've just seen the Asia topic in the bug section ah ah.

Yeah it should now all work.

I am hoping this will get more people involved

• 5 months later...

Double Flower FC - New Club - Hong Kong Premier Division - 2015/16

llVqN10.png

After only really enjoying a save in Asia this year I thought I'd try and bring some life back to this challenge. I'm starting in Hong Kong with Double Flower FC (I didn't want Citizen or Sun Source as they've already being mentioned here and my other option was HKFC who have two 53 year old centre backs!). The team have had very little to celebrate about since founding in 1979, winning just one competition; the Hong Kong Third Division - group A trophy in 1982.

This is my manager profile.

This is the current backroom... Many additions needed here.

And this is the squad I've inherited, same situation as the backroom but the two attacking wingers look like they could be brilliant in this league.

In terms of expectations the board want me to stay clear of the drop and reach the quarter finals in both of the cups, which sounds reasonable enough.

I've managed here before (way back on FM08) and never achieved anything so I hope this journey has a different ending... Here we go!

Archived