Moving the sports interactive folder from C drive

When I install FM on my PC (laptop actually) it always loads up 2 sets of Sports Interactive folders in my C:/documents folder. Some saved files go into one folder/subfolders and some in the other. It also clogs up my hard drive with extra unnecessary files. Why does this happen and how can i prevent it?

They are two seperate locations, one is the SI folder located in the Documents folder for your Windows User Account, the other is located in the Public User account for Windows, the only files that are normally saved in this location are the hall of fame files. (Public documents folder is used because that folder can be accessed by all Windows user accounts on the computer, whilst your documents folder can only be accessed by you).

If you are seeing both locations that means you are in library view in Windows and by default it shows both your users document folder and the public documents folder you can remove the public documents from your library by customizing which folders are shown in the documents library (should be a manage library option in the windows menu, though exact location depends on which version of windows you are using).

They are two seperate locations, one is the SI folder located in the Documents folder for your Windows User Account, the other is located in the Public User account for Windows, the only files that are normally saved in this location are the hall of fame files. (Public documents folder is used because that folder can be accessed by all Windows user accounts on the computer, whilst your documents folder can only be accessed by you).

Thanks for the tip! I was a bit annoyed when I installed on a new laptop and had lost my place in the Hall of Fame!

Archived