Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM15

Previous threads

Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM08 by NepentheZ

Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM09 by NepentheZ

Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM10 by NepentheZ

Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM11 by NepentheZ

Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM12 by NepentheZ

Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM13 by viiralx (RinSatori)

Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM14 by viiralx (RinSatori)

Like last 2 years iv taken over this challenge with Neppo's blessing until he returns (we miss you m8!)

note: iv made a new account as you can see. viiralx was never my intended username, just stuck to it.

**PLEASE READ**

So each year, the thread seems to get a lot less responses. Which was understandable due to the induction of the Careers forum. However, this year, I will be giving this a good go myself. I've not really been involved at all in FM11 thread, but if there are any players suitable from that thread for the HoF, please let me know.!

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Thread Rules :

There are no real "rules" - as this is a supplementary challenge, and can be run along side many, or even ANY of the other challenges in the forum, but I will ask that participants provide as many screen shots as possible. Day 1 of the players career and end of season screenshots, with small reports are what I opt for, but you can provide as many, or few as you wish. There is no limit to this challenge, nor is there a finishing post. You may come and go as you wish, and do not have to follow my example with taking a player every season. Should you wish, you could take on the player every 2, 5, 10 or even 50 seasons if you choose.

The most important thing is that you're enjoying and are dedicated to the challenge. And that you have fun.

Of course, the mandatory house rules, still apply within this thread.

Seasons marked with a "*" indicate the player was only on loan for that season

If other wish to use this, or a similar method to denote which seasons the player spent away from the club for a season, be my guest.

w9VYsVa.png

Introduction:

Welcome, to the Hall of Fame. Here, you will find the greatest ever players to have come through the youth ranks of clubs worldwide. These players spend a long time at each club, and deserve every credit for being entered into the HoF. It certainly takes a special player to get this far, and a special manager to help him.

To be entered into the Hall of Fame is no easy feat. There is no specific criteria, but players will have broken milestone records, be it 500 club appearances, or 100 international caps.

FM08 - Inducted Players:

John Adam - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Real London (2010-2029)

Nation: Scotland (2011-2011)

User: NepentheZ

Position: Striker

Kevin Fry - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Real London (2011-2026)

Nation: England (Uncapped)

User: NepentheZ

Position: AMR / Striker

Vlastimil Vaclavik - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Chmel Blsany (2019-2028)

Nation: Czech Republic (25 caps, 1 goal)

User: DodgeeD

Position: DLC/ML

Jake Carpenter - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Maidstone (2034-2051)

Nation: England (105 Caps, 10 Goals, Vice-Captain)

User: mag man

Position: AMR/L/C

Liu Lijia - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Guangdong Rizhiquan (2010-2023)

Nation: China (3 caps)

User: rancer890

Zhu Jinhui - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Guangdong Rizhiquan (2015-2023)

Nation: China (7 caps, 2 goals)

FM09 - Inducted Players:

Dong Tao - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Guangdong Rizhiquan (2009-2029)

Nation: China (75 caps, 7 goals)

User: taylorb

Position: Defender, Midfielder (Left)

John Puckett - Hall of Fame Record

Club: FC United of Manchester (2015-2022)

Nation: England (61 caps, 26 goals)

User: hamilton162

Position: Defensive Midfilder, Attacking Midfielder (Right, Left, Center)

Javier - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Real Oviedo (2013-2024)

Nation: Spanish (65 caps, 2 goals)

Position: Defensive Midfielder (Left, Center), Wing Back (Left)

Josué Ramos - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Estudiantes Santander (2011-2023)

Nation: Mexico (12 caps, 3 goals)

User: Dodgee D

Position: Midfielder (Center)

FM10 - Inducted Players:

Jérôme Hebert - Hall of Fame Record

Club: FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin (2017-2034)

Nation: France (25 youth caps, 10 youth goals)

User: PaulHartman71

Position: Defender (Right) Midfielder (Left, Right)

FM11 - Inducted Players:

none

FM12 - Inducted Players:

none

FM13 - Inducted Players:

Artur Casqueira - Hall of Fame Record

Club: PC Porto (2014-2030)

Nation: Portugal (107 caps, 4 goals)

User: dudge7

Position: Defender (Right)

Luigi Bertolini - Hall of Fame Record

Club: San Marino (2012-2031)

Nation: San Marino (117 caps, 1 goals)

FM14 - Inducted Players:

needs to be updated

I really do miss the heyday of this thread in FM08 and FM09.

I would love to get back into this, but I'm not a 'one-club' manager anymore and it's hard for me to stick with a club for a very very long time, unless it's with a big club or one I built from ground up - and winning a lot.

Quads - just you and me so far. Will be good to see a comparison of the quality of players we get. Which team are you?

Rancer - you don't have to be one club for this challenge. You could do it at every club. Adds an extra dimension - which players are good enough for you to sign when you move on?!

Got my first candidates. I thought I'd do it slightly differently this year - I've picked out five, but I will fairly quickly whittle this down to one or two. Just how quickly will depend on the year - sometimes it'll happen before I even sign them on contracts, other times it'll be years down the line. I will try (most of the time) to retain at least one from each year.

This is my first intake with the five I've identified highlighted with their year and rank.

Stephen Brophy seems to be the best to me.

Gregg Smith was picked out by Andreas Jonker as the best prospect.

John L'Estrange's mentals caught my eye.

Cyrus Yeganeh has good physicals.

Aaron Chamberlain's versatility could prove useful - especially if he turns out to be as good as Ramsey and the Ox combined!

Because these players won't play this season, I'll skip the end of season post this year but as of next year, I'll post twice - once with the initial intake and once with an end of season report.

Got my first candidates. I thought I'd do it slightly differently this year - I've picked out five, but I will fairly quickly whittle this down to one or two. Just how quickly will depend on the year - sometimes it'll happen before I even sign them on contracts, other times it'll be years down the line. I will try (most of the time) to retain at least one from each year.

This is my first intake with the five I've identified highlighted with their year and rank.

Stephen Brophy seems to be the best to me.

Gregg Smith was picked out by Andreas Jonker as the best prospect.

John L'Estrange's mentals caught my eye.

Cyrus Yeganeh has good physicals.

Aaron Chamberlain's versatility could prove useful - especially if he turns out to be as good as Ramsey and the Ox combined!

Because these players won't play this season, I'll skip the end of season post this year but as of next year, I'll post twice - once with the initial intake and once with an end of season report.

Pretty nice crop of youngsters, looks like you might get a couple of serviceable players if you invest in them.

I am playing as Ferencvaros, bringing back the Mighty Magyars.

Hopefully I can get more into FM this year, really struggled to get anywhere last year. Youth development is the best aspect of the game to me, so it'll be nice to see how others are doing.

L'Estrange looks decent, 20 determination is great straight out of the academy!

Ferencvarosi TC

YP1 - László Mészáros - ST C / AM R/L

Initial Profile

Very, very promising lad. Since it is damn hard to find good Hungarian strikers that are not at big clubs yet, this guy will be a very nice addition to the team and will be tutored ASAP and given a few games before season ends.

Don't much fancy him as a winger with crossing of 2! But with that pace and dribbling, he could be a good poacher. What's his potential rating?

Not really interested in him being winger, I've got that area fully covered with young talent, deficit is in striker department. Potential is 3.5-4.5*, which, by FM15 standarts, is pretty damn good. Only problem could be injuries, as my coaches suggest

I prefer him as a winger (if you can get the crossing up). He clearly is never going to be a big strong guy but he has the dribbling/speed/flair combination and enough finishing skills to work as a winger.

I'll probably post some people in here once I find someone who actually has some talent :D

Rancer - you don't have to be one club for this challenge. You could do it at every club. Adds an extra dimension - which players are good enough for you to sign when you move on?!

It's hard when you're in some Asian league and you want to make it to Europe from an Asian club. I'm only in 2014 and I've already managed at two clubs and gone through one youth intake. :D

Ferencvarosi TC

YP1 - László Mészáros - ST C / AM L/R

Initial Profile

End Of Season 1

End Of Season 2

11 appearances, less than half of what I predicted - guy had 3 nasty injuries during first half of season and missed it all. Scored a brace against Inter in CL group stages, next day he got injured again. Might send him out on loan this season simply because I barely got 2nd in the league, and need to concentrate on winning every single game.

YP2 - Sándor Pintér - M R

Initial Profile

End Of Season 1

A reasonable prospect..didn't really set world on fire in his first appearances, but neither did rest of my team. Has been tutored for a couple months now with no chances in PPMs or mentals, which is weird, but hopefully he can improve considerably during next season.

I didn't realise you could "train" determination! How did you manage to get Meszaros' up so far so fast? That's a gamechanger!

I just tutored him. Tbf, I did use two guys with 17 and 18 determination, I am guessing personalities matched and that's what sparked that increase

Thanks for that too, then. But I like Joncker for now. I know it's not strictly relevant but I thought I ought to share this...looks like a repeat of Anfield '89 might be on the cards this season.

UPDATE: Sunderland do us a favour, and the game at Anfield is now absolutely crucial. Win and it's in our hands, draw and it's in theirs, a defeat gives them the title.

Arsenal's Youth End of Season Update 2015-16

Well, after a terrific run in that saw us get seven points from games against Chelsea, City and Liverpool, I've managed to shock myself and win the league having been close to the sack early in the season. And some of the youth players have actually played a part in that, as you'll see below from my seasonal updates. Champions, though! I'm still in shock! Twelve years of hurt has come to an end and Arsenal are on top again! That's also my first league win for a VERY long time, having played largely unsuccessful small club to big club games for a few years.

2015a Stephen Brophy

Initial Profile

Nothing much of note here, I think it's likely he'll be dropped from this list by next year.

End of Season One

2015b Gregg Smith

Initial Profile

Given a debut against QPR when I decided to throw him and Chris Willock in when everyone was playing like Sp**s. It worked. And from there he went from strength to strength. He would have made a big contribution in the run-in, but when it became clear that I was a title favourite, I didn't want to risk it particularly and was happy to let him go on loan to Southend, where he scored 3 goals in 9 starts and two substitute appearances.

End of Season One

2015c John L'Estrange

Initial Profile

Coaches told me he was doing well in early March and my keepers were struggling, so I gave it a go. But then he got injured, so he had to wait until March 20th and Watford's visit to the Emirates to give it a go. Did no worse than any other keepers this year, and I have very high hopes.

End of Season One

2015d Cyrus Yeganeh

Initial Profile

Another duff. Almost certainly won't report on him next year.

End of Season One

2015e Aaron Chamberlain

Initial Profile

Made his debut in November to become the youngest player ever to pull on the famous red and white. Gregg Smith was actually older than Fabregas was when he made his debut; Chamberlain wasn't. And he did well. He has gone some way towards establishing himself as the first choice left back in front of wonderkid Lucas Digne.

End of Season One

2016a Adam Rimmer

Initial Profile

An injury crisis meant that he was actually handed a spot on the bench for a crucial Champions League game just days after his arrival at the club - potentially the final European match at the Vicente Calderon, as it turned out...and with 23 minutes to go, with Walcott doing nothing up front and the tie still deadlocked, it was a case of a half-fit Giroud or Rimmer. And because this is Neppo, it had to be Rimmer. If Arsenal scored the last goal today, it would almost certainly be the last European goal in the old stadium. A Sczesny slip (literally) with 18 minutes to go put us 1-0 down and under pressure...Rimmer had the no.9 shirt, it seemed to be written in the stars... Perhaps the most perfect moment I've ever had in FM! He only got me into the Champions' League quarter-final within 15 minutes of coming on for his debut! He also became our youngest goalscorer at just 15 years and 358 days old! He then played against Stoke to become the Premier League's youngest ever player.

End of Season Zero

Arsenal's Youth Intake Update 2017

Nothing special this year. I've tagged six players this year but almost certainly will drop four of them before the end of next season, so I'll only show you the two I expect to retain.

2017a Nigel Parchment

Initial Profile

His height means there's a chance he could be the new BFG (BFE?).

2017b Liam Johnston

Initial Profile

Yep. Two big centre-backs. But this guy could probably already do a job, and I will try to get him some game time before the end of the year.

Arsenal's Youth End of Season Update 2016-17

We failed to defend our title in a really rather disappointing season but I think it was necessary. Youngsters have been blooded....

2015a Stephen Brophy

Initial Profile

End of Season One

Not exactly set the world alight at Exeter so I have dropped him from these reports and he will not feature next season.

End of Season Two

2015b Gregg Smith

Initial Profile

End of Season One

Disappointing in League One and probably will go the same way, but his attributes are just about enough to keep him here for now.

End of Season Two

2015c John L'Estrange

Initial Profile

End of Season One

Successful in League Two with Crewe so I brought him back and he will probably be my first choice next season. His dodgy stats on this screenshot is because he came back in April and he played behind a team of youngsters for a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season. He looks good to me.

End of Season Two

2015d Cyrus Yeganeh

Initial Profile

End of Season One

Will not feature next season.

End of Season Two

2015e Aaron Chamberlain

Initial Profile

End of Season One

Did worse in League two than he did for me in his debut year. Will probably be dropped for next season but his pace makes me think it's not a total foregone conclusion.

End of Season Two

2016a Adam Rimmer

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

Slightly disappointing year this year but he has established himself in and around the squad and will be Welbeck's backup next year.

End of Season One

2017a Nigel Parchment

Initial Profile

A tough start but he looks fairly promising.

End of Season Zero

2017b Liam Johnston

Initial Profile

Definitely the more impressive of the two, I'd back him over Parchment to be the new BFG.

End of Season Zero

I've made a LOT of money lately selling some top players (Ozil, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey) which has created room for them and at the moment my philosophy is "buy one star for every position and use the youth prospects as backup" - although Rimmer has improved again and is now ahead of Welbeck ;-)

Having that philosophy combined with the fact that now and then one will be a star (Rimmer) means I should be able to pack the rest of the first XI with genuinely world class players. I have over £100m to spend at the moment, and have a front line of Depay (46 goals in 2 seasons), Gotze (picked up on a free!), Tello and Welbeck/Rimmer.....so that money will go on some top class defenders (when the full game comes out probably - the defending is so bad at the moment that it's not worth bothering!).

I'm also picking up a lot of high potential youngsters from elsewhere, again hoping that one or two will come good and potentially save me £50m each getting a world class player in their position....

Ha, sounds like you have things pretty well sorted then! Nice one :)

Manchester United 2014-15 Youth Intake

YP1 - Yago

April 2014

A great set of attributes to be a top striker for years I reckon. Great potential as well, and 16 determination is useful. Will definitely be following this guy.

YP2 - Steve Crosby

April 2014

Another promising striker with very high potential and good determination. Definitely needs work on his dribbling and first touch. Will be interesting to see how good he actually can be.

YP3 - Marlon

April 2014

The second Brazilian from this intake to have decent potential. Nowhere near the talent of Yago, but 3* is potentially decent so I'll see how he does over the next couple of years. Needs to improve defensively, and some of those mental attributes are just too poor.

Arsenal's Youth Intake Update 2018

Most of them were rubbish and will be released. But there are two who look like real prospects. Nice new feature - four of them have come from affiliate clubs. I like that.

Lee Prosser

Initial Profile

Decent looking player. Clearly a left-back. Will probably go straight into the side as we've got issues there.

Surachai Sompittayanurak

Initial Profile

Annoyingly long name but I wasn't going to pass him up based on that - he's got to be the best Thai player ever, surely. I reckon he has a chance of making it.

Prosser could be the new Cashley, I reckon.

Arsenal's Youth End of Season Update 2017-18

A bizarre season containing a lot of strange results and a final surge back up into the CL positions. I think this year I overdid it a bit with youngsters and I paid the price for it. But hopefully in the long term it will pay off: as you will see, at least one of these players now merits a place in the side anyway.

2015b Gregg Smith

Initial Profile

End of Season One

End of Season Two

Getting very frustrating, Smith is. His attributes are fine, but he just doesn't do the biz. 7 goals on loan at Shrewsbury is not good enough.

End of Season Three

2015c John L'Estrange

Initial Profile

End of Season One

End of Season Two

Breakthrough season. Nothing spectacular but enough for me to offload Szczesny and make him my number one now. The goals conceded is high - but the beta just does that! It's crazy!

End of Season Three

2015e Aaron Chamberlain

Dropped. Hasn't made the grade after an encouraging start. Didn't think it was worth posting his stats this year.

2016a Adam Rimmer

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

End of Season One

Wow. Would you believe me if I said I was slightly disappointed with his eventual return? He was worse in the second half of the season and got something like 7 or 8 in the last 20 games, although I noticed he hits the woodwork 2-3 times per game which seems like a bit of a glitch and makes me think he's better even than these stats suggest. But he will be a total legend.

End of Season Two

2017a Nigel Parchment

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

Didn't really kick on as I had hoped this year, and will probably be dropped next year. We'll see though.

End of Season One

2017b Liam Johnston

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

Given the way defenders play on this beta, I think this looks really good. I have every faith that with the full game, Johnston could be a big player for us. And I probably won't finish another season until the game is out, so that's fine!

End of Season One

2018a Lee Prosser

Initial Profile

Threw him right into the side and held his own against Bayern, despite the team losing 3-1, he was the best performer apart from the goalscorer. Similarly to Johnston, underrated due to the ME being high on goals, I think he could really make it. Looks to me the best apart from Rimmer already.

End of Season Zero

2018b Surachai Sompittayanurak

Initial Profile

Yet to make his debut but my assistant rates him highest of anyone apart from Rimmer in terms of potential although he doesn't look as good as Prosser or L'Estrange to me. It would be awesome to have a Thai player in the first team!

End of Season Zero

Arsenal's Youth Intake Update 2019

One top top player here, and in a position where I'm a bit short, too. There's at least one further squad player here, too.

Jorge Kane

Initial Profile

Top potential here. Some serious work needed on his physicals but he will do a job for me in the remainder of this season and that should toughen him up a bit.

David Montgomery

Initial Profile

Probably competing with Kane, although there's a chance they could both get into the team. He's best as a deep lying playmaker, it seems.

Alan MacDonald

Initial Profile

Probably not going to make it, only just selected him, and my assistant really doesn't rate him. But we'll see.

Kane will be the player I build my team around for some time, I reckon.

Arsenal's Youth End of Season Update 2018-19

A tough season as too many youngsters had made the step up. I need to change my strategy somewhat and make sure that the youngsters are not first choice until they are ready. New policy: world class first choice players for each position, but youngsters as first back-up players. Obviously eventually SOME of these will become first choice (Rimmer is already there).

2015b Gregg Smith

Initial Profile

End of Season One

End of Season Two

End of Season Three

Did well enough at Barnsley in league one and as long as he's happy being 2nd or 3rd choice, I'll keep him at the club.

End of Season Four

2015c John L'Estrange

Initial Profile

End of Season One

End of Season Two

End of Season Three

Nothing special but good enough to continue as first choice 'keeper for now.

End of Season Four

2016a Adam Rimmer

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

End of Season One

End of Season Two

I think he'll be the best regen I've ever had. Won the Premier League Golden Boot this year (as well as the European Golden Boot) and is the only reason we qualified for the Champions' League. He tends to be either terrible or brilliant though - very few average performances, and because when he doesn't score he tends to get 6.3 or lower, his average rating is not as high as his goal return suggests it should be. A fair few hat-tricks.

End of Season Three

2017a Nigel Parchment

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

End of Season One

Had a decent season on loan in League Two with Carlisle where he averaged 7.16 - but I think there's a good chance this will be the last report including Parchment.

End of Season Two

2017b Liam Johnston

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

End of Season One

Again, nothing special, but he did OK when given the chance this sseason. He's not bad as a utility player due to his versatility.

End of Season Two

2018a Lee Prosser

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

Has made good progress and for him to be averaging 7.02 in the league, even if he did only play 13 games, in his first full season, is amazing.

End of Season One

2018b Surachai Sompittayanurak

Initial Profile

End of Season Zero

I don't think we'll see a Thai Premiership regular for a while...

End of Season One

2019a Jorge Kane

Initial Profile

Beat Lee Prosser's record and is now Arsenal's youngest player ever - he was 14 at the start of the season (although of course he didn't exist!). Already pretty much first choice in this position, and I am looking to sell a lot of dead wood including Mario Gotze who just hasn't cut it in this save.

End of Season Zero

2019b David Montgomery

Initial Profile

Probably competing with Kane, although there's a chance they could both get into the team. He's best as a deep lying playmaker, it seems. I played him a little bit in the DM role in a few relatively meaningless games at the end of the season but I don't see much of a future for him I fear.

End of Season Zero

2019c Alan MacDonald

Initial Profile

Probably not going to make it, only just selected him, and my assistant really doesn't rate him. But we'll see.

End of Season Zero

Was impressed that this thing is still going. I might partake in it again myself this year if I properly get back in to FM :)

Well i promised i would keep it running :) this and your other challenge. (my old username viiralx)

Welcome back. We have missed you in this forum :>

Doesn't bode well that in the last two weeks - which have spanned release date - I'm the only person who has posted in here. This thread hasn't been thriving lately but I don't think it's worth keeping if I'm the only one posting :(

I will join you as soon as i get my save going..

Doesn't bode well that in the last two weeks - which have spanned release date - I'm the only person who has posted in here. This thread hasn't been thriving lately but I don't think it's worth keeping if I'm the only one posting :(

I still use the youth player project numbering (YP1, 2, etc). There's just no one I think is good enough for an update. :D

And welcome back Nep. :)

rangers-b.gif

Biu Chun - 2016/17 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League - Youth Player Project

2016/17 Intake

Tsang Tsz Chung (ST)

Nationality: Hong Kong

Date of Birth: May 31, 2002

Place of Birth: Hong Kong

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Runs with ball down right

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

Stats:

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Biu Chun Rangers[/TD]

[TD]HK Premier League[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I signed him to a professional contract almost immediately after he signed his youth contract, and after he did I played in a couple games to end the season. Disappointed he got injured already, but he's got a bright future ahead of him. A player of his talent is definitely appealing with me staying at the club.

Archived