how to read opposition scouting

Knowing how your opposition plays is key to having the right tactics during the match, however, how do you "read" how the opposition plays from your scout reports. What I need to know is whether they play possesion, direct, fast or slow, with a high defensive line or deep defensive line etc. but I can't see any of this stuff from my scout report - or at least I dont know how to decipher it. Basically the computer AI will know and counter all of this stuff when it comes to my team after Ive used a tactic a few times - but I have no clue how the computer team actually plays.

I just look at the opposition manager's preferred play style. That alone gives you a good overview of how his team's likes to play and what kind of strategy you should employ. eg Klopp plays a highly aggressive face rush style, so my preferred style to counter his is fight fire with fire. Jose Mourinho likes to close down quickly and play direct, so I like to play cautious possession football against him and try to win 1-0 etc.

I feel there isn't enough emphasis on individual players in the game and the manager's style tends to come out on top (funny, we're playing football manager!). Carlo Ancelotti never makes full use of CR at Real Madrid despite winning everything, while Klopp can get 20 goals/20 assists out of Wilfried Zaha in a single season.

I just look at the opposition manager's preferred play style. That alone gives you a good overview of how his team's likes to play and what kind of strategy you should employ. eg Klopp plays a highly aggressive face rush style, so my preferred style to counter his is fight fire with fire. Jose Mourinho likes to close down quickly and play direct, so I like to play cautious possession football against him and try to win 1-0 etc.

I feel there isn't enough emphasis on individual players in the game and the manager's style tends to come out on top (funny, we're playing football manager!). Carlo Ancelotti never makes full use of CR at Real Madrid despite winning everything, while Klopp can get 20 goals/20 assists out of Wilfried Zaha in a single season.

Spain seem to make great use out of Llorente in my save. As a 6'5 striker, they use him as a target man and play a 4-1-4-1 with long balls/crosses on his head.

It's crude and effective, smashed me 4-1 -_-;;

God I hate those games where everything goes wrong. >_>

Archived