Realism of Transfers/Full Game Match Lenth.

Far too many times i go bidding for a player and see that this said player wants to join my club but the asking price is more than 120million pounds. Yes we know rivals will ask some ridiculous price but seriously, 120million pounds? Thats even more crazy than Garth Bale going to Real Madrid.

Also is it that AI Clubs have no need for buying players as i hardly get transfer request even after getting a striker scoring 20+ goals a season and if i offer them, no one wants.

In my personal opinion its too easy for us to keep players and we don't have to deal with unsettled players, well not that much unsettled players. Also we see the moves of some players to some clubs that in real life you can't even picture that happening.

On the matter of Full Game match length in the 3D is ridiculously long, like seriously i think its about 15-20minutes in length. I think SI should go the Fifa way and make the length of the 3DME 5 minutes for each Half. Its too long and it annoys me as i like to watch the matches sometimes there is some really nice build up play and allows for better analysis.

On the matter of Full Game match length in the 3D is ridiculously long, like seriously i think its about 15-20minutes in length. I think SI should go the Fifa way and make the length of the 3DME 5 minutes for each Half. Its too long and it annoys me as i like to watch the matches sometimes there is some really nice build up play and allows for better analysis.

eh...wit?

The full match is just that, a full match. If you don't want it to take that long, don't choose full match. A match is 90 minutes long.

But I suspect this will get savaged far more efficiently by others.

The match engine has to sim 90 full minutes, otherwise the stats coming out of it become massively distorted. The FIFA match engine produces frantic kick and rush football, no matter what tactics and players you have, because they have to generate realistic scorelines in a massively reduced time span. That's fine in an action/arcade football game, but in a management sim, you have to sim the game properly.That said, there are things that can be improved, like reducing the amount of time waiting for the keeper to retrieve the ball before a goal kick.

Far too many times i go bidding for a player and see that this said player wants to join my club but the asking price is more than 120million pounds. Yes we know rivals will ask some ridiculous price but seriously, 120million pounds? Thats even more crazy than Garth Bale going to Real Madrid.

Yes, probably no one would be able to pay those 120 million pounds - but isn't that what the club wants? To ask for such a ridiculous amount of money shows that the club doesn't want to sell his player whatever the offered price might be.

Also is it that AI Clubs have no need for buying players as i hardly get transfer request even after getting a striker scoring 20+ goals a season and if i offer them, no one wants.

This is a very generalising statement. For me personally, it depends from situation to situation whether there are offers for my top players. Also, I don't feel that the AI is inactive on the transfer market.

In my personal opinion its too easy for us to keep players and we don't have to deal with unsettled players, well not that much unsettled players.

Again, it depends on your specific situation. If you manage lower league clubs (as I do), most of your top players get unsettled quickly because they want to join more-reputable clubs.

Also we see the moves of some players to some clubs that in real life you can't even picture that happening.

Might be, but isn't that also one beauty of FM? I am no fan of hugely unrealistic transfers, but I don't mind interesting and unexpected transfers. I think its interesting to see how clubs and players develop on long terms.

If you want to watch the matches quicker, either increase the pace or choose a different detail level. - AFAIK, the Full Game match length in the 3D takes 2/3 of real time, so 30 minutes for each half and 60 minutes in total (I might be wrong there though). This is not 'ridiculously long', it's the only way to show a FM-match as detailed as possible. I also think you can't compare the simulation mode of FM with FIFA, as FIFA is an action/arcade game, while FM is a simulation game developed to be as realistic as possible.

You're looking at the guy who bought the first £70m and £100m players.

Anyway, if Messi became available for £120m, I can think of many teams who would enter a bidding war over him.

In my personal opinion its too easy for us to keep players and we don't have to deal with unsettled players, well not that much unsettled players. Also we see the moves of some players to some clubs that in real life you can't even picture that happening.

That's possibly the worst thing I've read...

Your players must either be too old, or too bad to bother bidding for. Every transfer window I'm constantly batting away transfer offers causing my players to demand new contracts less than 6 months into their existing 5 year contract.

That's possibly the worst thing I've read...

Your players must either be too old, or too bad to bother bidding for. Every transfer window I'm constantly batting away transfer offers causing my players to demand new contracts less than 6 months into their existing 5 year contract.

It depends what level you're at and your chairman. The likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona don't have to fend off bids for their players, and their players like being there. However Rotheram would have a hard time keeping their best players, either via bids from sodding Scottish Premier League clubs or from players who want to move on to better things or only looked for a short-term deal, especially if a transfer offer is twice their entire bank balance.

Archived