Lack of Club Freedom

What Defines a big club from a small Club? Its players, its Stadium, the titles it has won?

In FM for far too long we have to slug it out with board memebers that don't want to increase the stadium size even though the club can afford it and we are in need of it.

SI has focus on the sport side of Football but has left out one critical part of being a football manager and that is the bussines end. Tactics and buying new players are great but in the game a bit more freedom to actually influence what is going on, what do i mean by this?

The ability to see shirt sales to find sponsors and sign them to increase the income of the club, yes we know this is done by the board but it is not done enough in the game. Where are the options to construct academies in other nations to increase your youth intake and the quality of your youth.

Too much things are left to the game to be done when they could be done by us players. And what is the real point of getting a wage when we can't do anything with it? We know the ME and Tactics are a major part of the game but we need to add the social and bussines aspect of the game to make it more realistic.

But the game is called Football MANAGER. The manager focuses on the football side of the club, whereas the board members, chairman, owner etc focus on the business side. It wouldn't be as realistic if the manager also looked at shirt sponsors, youth academies abroad etc as in real life, he doesn't do this. Maybe their could be an option to suggest this to the board, but that would be as far as it should go I think

In FM for far too long we have to slug it out with board memebers that don't want to increase the stadium size even though the club can afford it and we are in need of it.

If they're truly in need of it, and can afford it, they'll accept. If they don't, they won't. Not really a problem there.

SI has focus on the sport side of Football but has left out one critical part of being a football manager and that is the bussines end.

No they haven't, as it's nothing to do with the manager.

The ability to see shirt sales to find sponsors and sign them to increase the income of the club, yes we know this is done by the board but it is not done enough in the game.

Not a manager's job.

Where are the options to construct academies in other nations to increase your youth intake and the quality of your youth.

Not a manager's job.

And what is the real point of getting a wage when we can't do anything with it?

Because we're not playing the Sims.

We know the ME and Tactics are a major part of the game but we need to add the social and bussines aspect of the game to make it more realistic.

No, we most certainly don't.

If they're truly in need of it, and can afford it, they'll accept. If they don't, they won't. Not really a problem there.

Actually that's not exactly true. The "hidden" club attendance stat can be very different from the actual amount of people go to the stadium every match and that can lead to some boring years with stadiums full but the board doing nothing about it.

As for the money also meh. If you don't have any money they'll take a gigantic loan most of the time as long as your club attendance stat is high enough. They don't really seem to care too much about how much you have. (excluding balance in the red scenarios I guess)

It's not that every board of every club has to accept doing it or whatever reason but that stat in all of the occasions I tested pretty much decided everything in 1 second.

Actually that's not exactly true. The "hidden" club attendance stat can be very different from the actual amount of people go to the stadium every match and that can lead to some boring years with stadiums full but the board doing nothing about it.

As for the money also meh. If you don't have any money they'll take a gigantic loan most of the time as long as your club attendance stat is high enough. They don't really seem to care too much about how much you have. (excluding balance in the red scenarios I guess)

It's not that every board of every club has to accept doing it or whatever reason but that stat in all of the occasions I tested pretty much decided everything in 1 second.

Ok, my statement was a bit limited, granted, but if they reject, there is usually a good enough reason behind it, even if it's hidden. Of course, whether it's "good" if it's hidden is another question.

Archived