Change start date

Hi guys,

I am pretty new to SI Football manager as I used to play EA´s manager for ages (live in Germany, so FM is not so well known here)... Finally I have switched:-)

I have an "easy" question - it is possible to change the start date? I would like to start in January because I do not want to play a whole season - is that possible?

Thanks for helping a newcomer:-)

the "easiest" way (if you want to start with the January following the set start date) would be create a "holiday manager", go on vacation until January 1st, retire him, and add a new manager and take the reins of whatever club you want.

thanks, cougar! but there is no possibility to e.g. start in germany in january 2014 and let the KI randomly calculate the first half of the season?

Yes it is. Just add for instance the norwegian league and you can now select january 2014 as time of start:)

thanks, cougar! but there is no possibility to e.g. start in germany in january 2014 and let the KI randomly calculate the first half of the season?

Yes, you need to have leagues loaded that have a Jan/Feb start date though.

Off the top of my head I think Finland for example does, so loading Finland you can select a start date for your save as "Finland Jan 14" but still still manage in Germany.

or you can do as podunkboy has suggested and holiday through six months.

Archived