14.2 changes feedback

So here is what we got... (though there are a few other changes that obviously affect FMC too)

FMC

- Improved Match Plan substitution logic

- Increased individual player training to prevent players becoming unhappy with workload

- Fixed mid-season Budget news item sometimes not appearing

- Fixed user not being able to declare interest in jobs when AI Managers are 'insecure'

So far, the substitution logic is spot on, I am seeing players substituted more frequently.

Now for discussion among those who play FMC most now (I am one of them now)...

Here are things I believe need to be added to bring some solidarity to FMC: (I realize this is much like a wishlist... but it really should be prioritized a little bit, adding the most frequent suggestions in one place)

- A dark skin. While I do not care as much, this is being requested a LOT in certain forums and places I visit around the net, as well as a few of the people I play the game with.

- Feeder club control. You want it stream lined? Add the ability to go to a lower team and click on them to add as an affiliate and a set of check boxes to add what kind of affiliate, they can accept or refuse. If this is another human team, let the manager decide. This feature would give those of us here wood. So tired of first option affiliates who never have any real players on them.

- More control over youth teams /academy. This grows? Far too slowly... I can finally confirm it does grow, in 2025 my Accrington team have gone from poor to basic finally after years of making money and competing well in the premiership. This to me is an unacceptable growth.

- Training can be handled by the assistant but give us the option to train a specific attribute or weakness. This suggestion can remain minimalistic and would probably be a helpful addition? It could be optional as well, so as to not add too much to those who like to not have to worry about training at all.

- Tactical analysis tab (users can ignore it if they don't want to use it). There is a lack of this for those who like it. I wouldn't use it, but it is a popular request!

- Ass.Man arranging friendlies or not. A simple click-able, ESPECIALLY for the reserve team. This does not happen now, I have no idea if is supposed to but it seems to be it would be more streamlined if I didn't have to arrange every damn friendly.

- The ability to pick a match plan and then watch the match. While your AssMan then makes the changes as described in the match plan without me having to do it manually.

- Ability to change PPMs. This suggestion is literally everywhere. Pretty hard to ignore.

- Get the FMC section out from being a sub section... seriously, we are buried in here and there are more FMC players than this forum suggests. I was talking to a lad yesterday over skype who plays it and does not post because he never sees any FMC discussions. Who would even think to look for it here?

- Unlockables need warning and or instructions on what they actually do.

Here are some other suggestions I have seen that I would love to discuss:

- Allow us to use a custom DB. While it is understandable one does not wish to have an editor for FMC, because it would ruin or nullify the value of unlockables, it would be nice to be able to make some updates and changes. This might be a ways away, understandably, because FMC should have its own editor with minimal ability? Not sure how to approach this one... I don't wish for unloackables to become pointless.

- Basic match team talk - Only "Team" option, after game, so you can offer feed back to the team about how they performed. This one is suggested a lot, and while the census among the few I talk to is that they do not like this, obviously there are quite a few who would out there.

- Have assistant manager auto renew player's contracts. This as an OPTION would certainly stream line things more.

I don't know if this is due to the update or if it's always happened as I've never seen it before, but I just got an achievement and one of the unlockables unlocked (which I never use anyway) for having a player winning a player of the year award.

The thing is though, it was for his previous team. I bought him from the Finnish league in August, and as the Finnish season starts much further back, it was more than halfway through their season. He's ended up winning one of the divisional awards in Finland for the season just ended there (October in my save).

I don't really feel I deserve this achievement, as it was for his work at another club.

Not a big issue, as I don't really care about achievements and don't use unlockables, but strange nonetheless.

I don't know if this is due to the update or if it's always happened as I've never seen it before, but I just got an achievement and one of the unlockables unlocked (which I never use anyway) for having a player winning a player of the year award.

The thing is though, it was for his previous team. I bought him from the Finnish league in August, and as the Finnish season starts much further back, it was more than halfway through their season. He's ended up winning one of the divisional awards in Finland for the season just ended there (October in my save).

I don't really feel I deserve this achievement, as it was for his work at another club.

Not a big issue, as I don't really care about achievements and don't use unlockables, but strange nonetheless.

No kidding... I will do my best Lucas impression: "Do you have a save before this happened?"

I only use unsackable (I like to build slow sometimes) and generate a son, but I play this game with people who do like to use the achievements and take their feedback a lot to add here.

Worse yet, so far with the new patch I am hearing that unlockables no longer work! Testing this now for myself... I have confirmed "All players interested" no longer works. Hey look Dave, your not using unlockables makes no difference now! :)

• Administrators
No kidding... I will do my best Lucas impression: "Do you have a save before this happened?"

I only use unsackable (I like to build slow sometimes) and generate a son, but I play this game with people who do like to use the achievements and take their feedback a lot to add here.

Very funny.

Seriously though that does sound like a unusual occurrence which would need such information. If the player was one of your players at the time of unlocking though that's just you playing the game and it's fair game that you get the achievement really. It can just as easily go the other way if you sold a player.

In the OP, all of the things suggested are feature requests so should probably be copied into the wishlist thread so I can make sure they are entered when it comes to adding them for our feature discussions.

• Administrators
Worse yet, so far with the new patch I am hearing that unlockables no longer work! Testing this now for myself... I have confirmed "All players interested" no longer works. Hey look Dave, your not using unlockables makes no difference now! :)

What players and examples are you seeing this with so I can check please? If its a save that's a little further in it gets a bit more complicated and your save would be good to look at. Have not had any examples of this raised since the update so could well be specific to your save?

What players and examples are you seeing this with so I can check please? If its a save that's a little further in it gets a bit more complicated and your save would be good to look at. Have not had any examples of this raised since the update so could well be specific to your save?

Posted this in another thread with some feedback, working on reproducing more instances that do not involve financial restraints. As of now the best I can do it try and make an example... after that whole Wrexham issue (which is fixed in this patch? I dunno) we decided for fun to add a human manager to the game and take them over, poor lads have been 10 years without a manager! This is how we discovered that in the new patch, players were not interested in signing even with the all players interested unlockable turned on. We've never run into a player saying they were not interested, for any reason, even if we could not afford to sign them... in my opinion it is almost an upgrade that players we can't afford will not even consider it now but it is a change in this patch. The only real issue was players who will not sign because they are simply not interested, which should not happen but I have personally only seen it once and had others tell me about more instances (which says it does happen) and now I trying to reproduce it for you.

It got Welbeck to score two goals for me in the first game after the patch was installed, so 14.2 has supernatural powers :p

*High five!*

I don't know if it's the new patch or not, but this season, penalties are mostly saved when my team gets one. I have Van Persie & Rooney taking mine, and 6 have been missed this season, with 4 going in. Whenever we get one now, I initially love seeing it appear, but a second later realise it will likely be missed.

I don't know if it's the new patch or not, but this season, penalties are mostly saved when my team gets one. I have Van Persie & Rooney taking mine, and 6 have been missed this season, with 4 going in. Whenever we get one now, I initially love seeing it appear, but a second later realise it will likely be missed.

Could be a run of bad luck but I will keep an eye on that one too...

So here is what we got... (though there are a few other changes that obviously affect FMC too)

FMC

- Improved Match Plan substitution logic

- Increased individual player training to prevent players becoming unhappy with workload

- Fixed mid-season Budget news item sometimes not appearing

- Fixed user not being able to declare interest in jobs when AI Managers are 'insecure'

So far, the substitution logic is spot on, I am seeing players substituted more frequently.

Now for discussion among those who play FMC most now (I am one of them now)...

Here are things I believe need to be added to bring some solidarity to FMC: (I realize this is much like a wishlist... but it really should be prioritized a little bit, adding the most frequent suggestions in one place)

- A dark skin. While I do not care as much, this is being requested a LOT in certain forums and places I visit around the net, as well as a few of the people I play the game with.

- Feeder club control. You want it stream lined? Add the ability to go to a lower team and click on them to add as an affiliate and a set of check boxes to add what kind of affiliate, they can accept or refuse. If this is another human team, let the manager decide. This feature would give those of us here wood. So tired of first option affiliates who never have any real players on them.

- More control over youth teams /academy. This grows? Far too slowly... I can finally confirm it does grow, in 2025 my Accrington team have gone from poor to basic finally after years of making money and competing well in the premiership. This to me is an unacceptable growth.

- Training can be handled by the assistant but give us the option to train a specific attribute or weakness. This suggestion can remain minimalistic and would probably be a helpful addition? It could be optional as well, so as to not add too much to those who like to not have to worry about training at all.

- Tactical analysis tab (users can ignore it if they don't want to use it). There is a lack of this for those who like it. I wouldn't use it, but it is a popular request!

- Ass.Man arranging friendlies or not. A simple click-able, ESPECIALLY for the reserve team. This does not happen now, I have no idea if is supposed to but it seems to be it would be more streamlined if I didn't have to arrange every damn friendly.

- The ability to pick a match plan and then watch the match. While your AssMan then makes the changes as described in the match plan without me having to do it manually.

- Ability to change PPMs. This suggestion is literally everywhere. Pretty hard to ignore.

- Get the FMC section out from being a sub section... seriously, we are buried in here and there are more FMC players than this forum suggests. I was talking to a lad yesterday over skype who plays it and does not post because he never sees any FMC discussions. Who would even think to look for it here?

- Unlockables need warning and or instructions on what they actually do.

Here are some other suggestions I have seen that I would love to discuss:

- Allow us to use a custom DB. While it is understandable one does not wish to have an editor for FMC, because it would ruin or nullify the value of unlockables, it would be nice to be able to make some updates and changes. This might be a ways away, understandably, because FMC should have its own editor with minimal ability? Not sure how to approach this one... I don't wish for unloackables to become pointless.

- Basic match team talk - Only "Team" option, after game, so you can offer feed back to the team about how they performed. This one is suggested a lot, and while the census among the few I talk to is that they do not like this, obviously there are quite a few who would out there.

- Have assistant manager auto renew player's contracts. This as an OPTION would certainly stream line things more.

100% agree on

1) Dark skin 1000%

2) Feeder club control

3) Tactical attribute tab

4) Change PPM's

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm an active FM player that love to play online everyday with people

I like to play with FMC (versus mode) because it more simpler than FM career when it comes to continue/waiting stuff

The problem is IMPORT TEAM FEATURE

I want to banned import team features in case people are cheating

Please SI make it possible for the host to banned import team features or just delete the import team features for the next patch

Thanks.

• Administrators

It's a feature request and was already entered in our system for discussion, it's not something that's possible for a patch I'm afraid.

Archived