Football Manager 14 - Anyone having trouble getting into it?

I've been a fan of the CM/FM series for a long time, but for some reason I find FM14 a bit too "flashy" my liking.

I can't seem to get into it, and find it a bit too detailed and too much. The Classic Mode I don't find that impressive, and miss the bare bones approach of FM05-11 where it was about the game and not all the extra bits like taking part as a pundit on deadline day and other bits.

Anyone else feel the same?

i ain't feeling it either, still playing 13 as i think 14's ME has still got a lot of problems that are game breaking for me but i like the new tactic system as it makes things easier but at the same time makes the whole player instructions complicated and anyone new to the series would probably go mad trying to figure out and understand it, just my opinion.

I would agree with this partly but after that previous patch I think its alot better,tactics are fairly easy if you study the forum on it, I don't think the issues are game breaking like before but alot people wait till febuary and that is when most of the issues people experience are derendered.

After the first patch went in, I felt much better about FM14, and I'm about 150 hours in after a month. (wait a minute, that's almost 40 hrs/week...no wonder I haven't got anything done around the house!)...and where did my wife and kids go?

Archived