£43million TV money in the EPL still?

So I got Wolves promoted back to the Premier League and was told I would only be getting the £43million from seasons past in TV money. I thought this was possibly something to do with having just been promoted but having managed to stay in the league I'm only getting £43million again? I thought it was supposed to be going up with this huge new deal they announced? I can't remember what it was in FM13 but I think it was at least £60million?

Any help much appreciated!

Its a bit of a weird one because in fm13 it was programmed in to rise to over £50m to reflect the start of the new tv deal which came into play at the beginning of this season, it now seems to be the same as it was at the start of last year's game though.

They have included the updated payments for individual live televised games though (875k) and increased prize money for league placings. I think it may be the case that the original main payment was over-estimated in previous games and is now more accurate?

reflection22, I thought that perhaps too but the article talks of a 71% increase, I don't think that's covered in the increased match and position fees?

It also mentions how the bottom team will get roughly £60mill, I finished 16th and received £47m in TV rights and £6m for finishing 16th :/

It's obviously still lots of money etc. but I was just wondering if there was any information/reasoning out there?

reflection22, I thought that perhaps too but the article talks of a 71% increase, I don't think that's covered in the increased match and position fees?

It also mentions how the bottom team will get roughly £60mill, I finished 16th and received £47m in TV rights and £6m for finishing 16th :/

It's obviously still lots of money etc. but I was just wondering if there was any information/reasoning out there?

so your team was only selected for live tv coverage like 4 times? That may be where the problem lies that the smaller clubs arent being chosen to be on tv often enough. Last season the minimum any club was shown on tv was 10 times so by this seasons £875k payment per live match that would add up to nearly an extra £10m on top of the £43m tv rights and the prize money for finishing bottom which would make nearly £60m

Archived